A serious discussion about "OFFICIAL" threads (sorry if redundant)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Moises wrote:
I'm also not feeling the official threads. It has changed the way I consume info from LG. It was much easier to browse the first page for a quick update on what was happening. Now, not so much.

The "official" threads are pretty much a fail in my view. A while back I noticed Nick Young with street clothes on the sideline (before the recent injury) and I came here to figure out what happened. Nothing in his "official" thread and no mention in the game thread. Tried to find a topic but I guess I must have missed it (or no one had created it). Never did find out what was wrong with him that game since he came back the very next one. Same thing with Larry Nance recently.

I tend not to look around LG as often as before. It's just much more difficult to find noteworthy information nowadays from LG. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack now. Now I just come to LG for the game threads. Hopefully that doesn't get merged into one gigantic season long game thread lol!
i agree. there is absolutely no way i am able to find a specific story in those Official threads. At least there can be better forum tools like a "search in this thread" if mods are not willing to revert. Because when you are in a 1000 page thread and want to go to page 970 (you go to the "go to page" function and enter a page and press enter) it results in "The topic or post you requested does not exist" so why even have that feature there if it doesn't function properly..

anymore i browse the off topic forum and get my lakers news elsewhere since its nearly impossible to sift through those mega OFFICIAL threads and they are updated insonsistently

The Lounge is completely unreadable. Looks like it's being overrun by a bunch of 10 year olds making "official" threads. It's also impossible to get simple information without having to search through 10 different "official player X" threads.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of the official threads. If the goal is to compartmentalize player discussion, why not sub forums for each individual player? It'd be easier to navigate and consume information.
mga911
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

I think there needs to be a balance and we're currently too far deep into the "official" side.

"Official" threads are helpful for things like "Lebron to Lakers" type discussions but not helpful for our own player discussions.

i don't get ANY INFORMATION from the page when all i see are a list of "official" discussion titles. This is the main reason I've stopped frequenting this site. I mostly go to reddit now. I hope this changes because I really liked the in depth analysis from this site. Unfortunately, today this is much harder to find than it needs to be.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

It’s almost impossible to have a specific discussion about one topic now. Earlier I posted in a thread that was about dumping Deng’s contract and using picks to do it. I went back two hours later to read the thread and it had been merged with the free agency trade thread where there are a hundred different topics being discussed at once and none of them are the specific topic that I wanted to read about that had a thread dedicated to it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

mga911 wrote:
I think there needs to be a balance and we're currently too far deep into the "official" side.

"Official" threads are helpful for things like "Lebron to Lakers" type discussions but not helpful for our own player discussions.

i don't get ANY INFORMATION from the page when all i see are a list of "official" discussion titles. This is the main reason I've stopped frequenting this site. I mostly go to reddit now. I hope this changes because I really liked the in depth analysis from this site. Unfortunately, today this is much harder to find than it needs to be.

You guys realize we stopped merging stuff months ago, right?
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
mga911 wrote:

Except you didn’t. I just posted about a Deng thread that was merged into the free agency trade thread.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
mga911 wrote:

Except you didn’t. I just posted about a Deng thread that was merged into the free agency trade thread.

Yeah, there were about a dozen merges yesterday, probably in an effort to tidy up during a very active time on the board. Sorry if some good posts were buried in the shuffle. As a rule, we are very hesitant to merge, and now that we have had some time to absorb and reflect all of the trades, I'm sure there will be room for the finer points to be discussed in their own threads.
In fact, we look forward to it.

Note: Each thread is created and titled by an individual poster. Mods do not deem any threads "Official", the thread creator titles their thread on their own. The whole "Official" thing has become a meme.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
mga911 wrote:

Yeah, there were about a dozen merges yesterday, probably in an effort to tidy up during a very active time on the board. Sorry if some good posts were buried in the shuffle. As a rule, we are very hesitant to merge, and now that we have had some time to absorb and reflect all of the trades, I'm sure there will be room for the finer points to be discussed in their own threads.

Note: Each thread is created and titled by an individual poster. Mods do not deem any threads "Official", the thread creator titles their thread on their own. The whole "Official" thing has become a meme.

Admit it. You just did it to make a liar out of me...
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
mga911 wrote:

Admit it. You just did it to make a liar out of me...

Right after I re-titled all of the threads to make them 'OFFICIAL'.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Totally agree with this thread. These "OFFICIAL" threads are overblown. I have seen a bunch of legitimate threads that have been closed and dumped into the "OFFICIAL" thread where they just seem to die because you can't keep up with them coherently. There are 10 different discussions going on within each of those threads. Been posting since 2002 and viewing since around 1998???

I just don't get it, count my vote 100% against this.

I also think the off topic political thread is a HUGE mistake. There are a number of people around here who are professionals and that could bite them in the butt someday, especially when you see the mod support it has. Horribly divisive thread.

Just my two cents on things around here that have been bothering me a bit.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Totally agree with this thread. These "OFFICIAL" threads are overblown. I have seen a bunch of legitimate threads that have been closed and dumped into the "OFFICIAL" thread where they just seem to die because you can't keep up with them coherently. There are 10 different discussions going on within each of those threads. Been posting since 2002 and viewing since around 1998???

Link? I'd be happy to take a look, but I reviewed the merged threads over the last 3 months and didn't see anything that would stifle discussion. There were a couple QFTOS threads merged, and some threads expressing a thought already being discussed in another thread, but maybe I missed the merges you were thinking of.
Regardless, if you have something to discuss that can stand alone as it's own thread, please start a thread. We are all Laker fans looking for conversation and new thoughts.

It's been said before, but there is nothing OFFICIAL about an OFFICIAL thread. That is the title that the thread creator chooses, not a moderator.

Wino wrote:
I also think the off topic political thread is a HUGE mistake. There are a number of people around here who are professionals and that could bite them in the butt someday, especially when you see the mod support it has. Horribly divisive thread.

Just my two cents on things around here that have been bothering me a bit.
Why would that thread bite someone in the butt?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Wino wrote:

Link? I'd be happy to take a look, but I reviewed the merged threads over the last 3 months and didn't see anything that would stifle discussion. There were a couple QFTOS threads merged, and some threads expressing a thought already being discussed in another thread, but maybe I missed the merges you were thinking of.
Regardless, if you have something to discuss that can stand alone as it's own thread, please start a thread. We are all Laker fans looking for conversation and new thoughts.

It's been said before, but there is nothing OFFICIAL about an OFFICIAL thread. That is the title that the thread creator chooses, not a moderator.

I think it's more the community telling people to post stuff in official threads than the mods merging threads
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: