If we lose all the pre season games should the lakers brass Make changes before the season or one month into the season in case the lakers are not winning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: If we lose all the pre season games should the lakers brass Make changes before the season or one month into the season in case the lakers are not winning

Not only in regards to coaching but player personnel as well.

Last edited by 999 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

we better beat the Macabi's
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

We don't have many options bro. We're not in this mess by choice. We're here because poor decisions have been made over the last few years. I'd like to hear what others think we could realistically do.
Bitw_Lakers_2416
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

There no need to amke changes there just exhibition games they dont matter, it takes time untill the team can mesh well together.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: If we lose all the pre season games should the lakers brass Make changes before the season or one month into the season in case the lakers are not winning

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Not only in regards to coaching but player personnel as well.

Personnel like Clarkson, Randle, Russell being involved in a trade because they weren't impressive after playing zero NBA games this season? Seems a little too rash.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

We've played our worse lineups in the 4th quarter during the first 3 preseason games.
I'm sure the final few exhibition games Scott we'll use a rotation closer to what he'll use in the season.
If we lose badly in those games. I probably still wouldn't shake up coaching/personnel.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

what a title
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

We would be 2-1 right now if Scott really wanted to win those games. He hardly subs or makes any correct rotations. And he puts in scrubs to test their worth in the 4th quarter in these last 3 games.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
We would be 2-1 right now if Scott really wanted to win those games. He hardly subs or makes any correct rotations. And he puts in scrubs to test their worth in the 4th quarter in these last 3 games.

don't care about the win/lose for pre-season games... they are getting better in each one, which is promising
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

2005-06 San Antonio Preseason 2-7 Regular Season 63-19
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

No, preseason is meaningless. And it's always better to make changes in the offseason, unless you absolutely have to jump on a great candidate.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

The team is looking decent for losing. A lot more competitive. They are also a bunch of young guns.

When they got rid of Mike Brown, that was one of the few times pre-season actually meant something. That team was just pathetic learning the princeton and it wasn't full of rooks.

Bye.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't think now is the time to change coaches whether it's in the pre-season or mid-season. At this point ride out the season and see what transpires.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

"We". Can't do anything, we're just FAN's! This ain't Fanduel.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

This thread has to have the longest title I've seen @ LG.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
We've played our worse lineups in the 4th quarter during the first 3 preseason games.
I'm sure the final few exhibition games Scott we'll use a rotation closer to what he'll use in the season.
If we lose badly in those games. I probably still wouldn't shake up coaching/personnel.

The Jazz lineup in the second game was pathetic, and they still won.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Nobody cares about preseason. I just want to see some progress with our chemistry and our lineups.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
We don't have many options bro. We're not in this mess by choice. We're here because poor decisions have been made over the last few years. I'd like to hear what others think we could realistically do.

Several horrible decisions over the last few years.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Here is the bottom line... Clarkson, Russel and Randle, if the three do not grow into great players the Lakers are not going to be at least good for many, many years.

I like especially Randle and Russell, Clarkson has proved that he has NBA talent, however I do not see NBA all star in Clarkson.

There are so many teams that are very good because they have built their teams over many years and continue to trade or draft talent that fits their systems.

Every team gets a first round draft pick every year, the bottom five in the first round may not be great but there is talent there. The good teams seen to be able to develop that talent or be able to trade that talent effectively.

The rich get richer while the poor seem to get the leftovers. Every bad move in today's NBA can set a team back for a very long time.

The Lakers have made some very poor decisions over the last few years which has made the rebuilding process almost impossible. If the Lakers cannot get some blue chip FA we might be in for a very long painful rebuilding process.

Mistakes Kill.

Coaching is not the problem, it's all about talent, making changes without the talent to back it up makes no sense.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject:

This is just silly.

We have a team full of rookies with a few veterans sprinkled ( two of whom are in the twilight of their careers) and you're concerned about preseason record.

I don't care how many games they lose in preseason, it's about our rookies developing and everybody learning how to play with each other. it's also about our coaching staff figuring out who'll be kept on the roster, which lineups might work the best, and the best plays to run for certain guys.

If they Lakers looked completely lost out there in pre season like they did during the 2012 season then there'd be a problem. As is the team and each individual player has looked better each game.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
"We". Can't do anything, we're just FAN's! This ain't Fanduel.

Speaking of which, not sure who to use yet for my first Draftkings lineup. Either Hibbert or Randle?
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject:

Imagine the league-wide reaction if the Lakers dump their coach based on a poor pre-season.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Rodney Hood and Alec Burks are not scrubs...I don't understand how can you call the Utah Jazz pathetic with that depth. Also, our team is newly put together and they still fought for overtime with a great chance of actually winning against a better team.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Rodney Hood and Alec Burks are not scrubs...I don't understand how can you call the Utah Jazz pathetic with that depth. Also, our team is newly put together and they still fought for overtime with a great chance of actually winning against a better team.

Also the Jazz have been sucking since 2011, thats four years of suckage. We are just in our second season of sucktitude. Obviously they're going to have better young core than we do, they've got 2 yrs leg up on us, but we are well on our way to catching up.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject:

They aren't trying to win preseason games. The could have won the second game against Utah, but Byron played the uber-scrubs in OT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: