The Walking Dead TV Series (No Rumors/Spoilers/Comic Book Talk)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: The Walking Dead TV Series (No Rumors/Spoilers/Comic Book Talk)

Here's a link to the old thread: http://forums.lakersground.net/togo/thread.php?topic_id=122127&&start=2875

I couldn't reply to it, so if someone knows how to merge cool, I just wanna talk about the show.

Nice first episode to the season, though some have grown cold of the show I get a kick out of how this one was done. Not a ton of development but setting up for the season. Obviously don't wanna spoil the show if you haven't caught it yet, but two clues could point to the horn, leaving it below in white so highlight it if you care to.......

Obviously it had to be the Wolves, previews flashed back to them and they were nowhere in the episode. The sneak peak at next week show Inid taking out a walker, and this one had her and Carl holding hands. I had a theory last season of her having some ties to another group because she doesn't fit in, she knows how to handle herself, she came from a very good group. She has no fear and even called Carl out on following her. She turned it playful and I think they had a moment, but she seems calculated, like draw close to him to keep Ricks son from suspecting anything.

So Deanna (I think) mentioned exiling a few that couldn't fit in. They didn't mention that for nothing. I really think she's some sort of mole or lookout for the Wolves. I know she mentioned her mom giving her a knife or weapon, maybe she's with them. So if she's giving them intel, it only makes sense they'd know that this is the PERFECT chance to strike and take the town for themselves. Even if it gets over run, they're skilled in corralling them. It would make sense to further develop Carl. Growing up without a real childhood made him look like a lil gov when he smoked that kid, blamed Lori's death on Rick and was against taking on the Woodbury survivors. I think it would be a tragic thing to finally fall in love and find out he's being betrayed, maybe he kills her or something. Then again, watch it be Judith locking herself in a car and playing with the horn lol.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% on sold on Nicholas. Glen's grace is admirable and a weakness on a show that usually punishes such acts. The only reason to flash back to Glen and Nicholas talking at the store with a dozen zombies is to show he was there after Glen left. I think he put up the door that foiled plan A, Glen would have checked that as part of the plan. Having to resort to plan B, he still saves Glen. Maybe he did it to save the day and earn his trust, or maybe he actually felt he owed him one. Either way, something is off. When Deanna's son was dying, he also told him something about leaving another group, I wonder if there is some ties to the wolves. Maybe nothing there, but the flashback and the convo with the son still have some loose ends.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Can't read your post on my iPad. Who are the wolves again? I read your first line and gave up

Solid episode though.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

Luring them out of the rock quarry and away from Alexandria wouldn't have been my first plan, but I understand the idea of wanting them gone, I just don't like the way they executed it. Only a few walkers were squeezing through those trucks at a time, so it could be controlled whilst the rest of the Alexandrians could most likely just roll boulders down into the quarry thinning out the herd or whatever other way you can think of. I mean those walkers are literally sitting target practice for the meantime, they could have done so much damage and made the numbers smaller.

Like, they didn't HAVE to take on the entire herd of walkers, they could have easily found various ways to thin the herd out whilst the trucks were still keeping the situation manageable, THEN with a thinner herd they could have executed the master plan of luring them away. Or they could have just killed them all while they were still trapped in the quarry, luring them away doesn't guarantee they won't come back.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
Luring them out of the rock quarry and away from Alexandria wouldn't have been my first plan, but I understand the idea of wanting them gone, I just don't like the way they executed it. Only a few walkers were squeezing through those trucks at a time, so it could be controlled whilst the rest of the Alexandrians could most likely just roll boulders down into the quarry thinning out the herd or whatever other way you can think of. I mean those walkers are literally sitting target practice for the meantime, they could have done so much damage and made the numbers smaller.

Like, they didn't HAVE to take on the entire herd of walkers, they could have easily found various ways to thin the herd out whilst the trucks were still keeping the situation manageable, THEN with a thinner herd they could have executed the master plan of luring them away. Or they could have just killed them all while they were still trapped in the quarry, luring them away doesn't guarantee they won't come back.

When the rig dropped it opened a party that led directly towards Alexandria. That's why they had to move immediately.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead TV Series (No Rumors/Spoilers/Comic Book Talk)

fansincemagic wrote:
Here's a link to the old thread: http://forums.lakersground.net/togo/thread.php?topic_id=122127&&start=2875

I couldn't reply to it, so if someone knows how to merge cool, I just wanna talk about the show.

Nice first episode to the season, though some have grown cold of the show I get a kick out of how this one was done. Not a ton of development but setting up for the season. Obviously don't wanna spoil the show if you haven't caught it yet, but two clues could point to the horn, leaving it below in white so highlight it if you care to.......

Obviously it had to be the Wolves, previews flashed back to them and they were nowhere in the episode. The sneak peak at next week show Inid taking out a walker, and this one had her and Carl holding hands. I had a theory last season of her having some ties to another group because she doesn't fit in, she knows how to handle herself, she came from a very good group. She has no fear and even called Carl out on following her. She turned it playful and I think they had a moment, but she seems calculated, like draw close to him to keep Ricks son from suspecting anything.

So Deanna (I think) mentioned exiling a few that couldn't fit in. They didn't mention that for nothing. I really think she's some sort of mole or lookout for the Wolves. I know she mentioned her mom giving her a knife or weapon, maybe she's with them. So if she's giving them intel, it only makes sense they'd know that this is the PERFECT chance to strike and take the town for themselves. Even if it gets over run, they're skilled in corralling them. It would make sense to further develop Carl. Growing up without a real childhood made him look like a lil gov when he smoked that kid, blamed Lori's death on Rick and was against taking on the Woodbury survivors. I think it would be a tragic thing to finally fall in love and find out he's being betrayed, maybe he kills her or something. Then again, watch it be Judith locking herself in a car and playing with the horn lol.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% on sold on Nicholas. Glen's grace is admirable and a weakness on a show that usually punishes such acts. The only reason to flash back to Glen and Nicholas talking at the store with a dozen zombies is to show he was there after Glen left. I think he put up the door that foiled plan A, Glen would have checked that as part of the plan. Having to resort to plan B, he still saves Glen. Maybe he did it to save the day and earn his trust, or maybe he actually felt he owed him one. Either way, something is off. When Deanna's son was dying, he also told him something about leaving another group, I wonder if there is some ties to the wolves. Maybe nothing there, but the flashback and the convo with the son still have some loose ends.

Interesting theory but no. The wolves discover Alexandria when they capture the hiker in the red pancho and find the pictures of the compound. Are they the ones blowing the horn? Possibly, but the thought they already have a mole inside Alexandria is flawed.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:

Rick mentioned that the trucks on the cliff could come down any day, especially if there was any rain. So they figured the best way to do it was to control how they let them out.

Can't believe dude got his face chewed off. I wasn't expecting that
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

wow this thread is really slow this season lol. seriously waht happened to the original thread
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

I liked the 1st episode of the season. I would have tried rolling some explosive drums down the hill and played bowling with the walkers before I tried to herd ALL of them. But I guess it was just "bad timing" that the truck just happened to drop the day after they discovered the herd. *eyeroll

Carl's little girlfriend has something up her sleeve. Sasha and Abraham have something weird going on between them. Daryl lives in an actual house but still refuses to wash/comb his hair. Morgan and MIchonne just need to team up with 2 other survivors who use nunchuks and sais and we have ourselves our very own walking Dead Ninja Turtles.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Carl's little girlfriend has something up her sleeve. Sasha and Abraham have something weird going on between them. Daryl lives in an actual house but still refuses to wash/comb his hair. Morgan and MIchonne just need to team up with 2 other survivors who use nunchuks and sais and we have ourselves our very own walking Dead Ninja Turtles.

I hate what they've done with Daryl. It's like he's become a caricature of himself. He's brought nothing of value to the show since Beth died.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
wow this thread is really slow this season lol. seriously waht happened to the original thread

That's because there hasn't been any posts about how much the show sucks. Half of the posts in the last thread were just that.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I liked the 1st episode of the season. I would have tried rolling some explosive drums down the hill and played bowling with the walkers before I tried to herd ALL of them. But I guess it was just "bad timing" that the truck just happened to drop the day after they discovered the herd. *eyeroll

It wasn't the day after, it was several weeks later. After they put up those walls and set up all the cars. The show never really gives a clear indicator at how much time has passed, but its implied to have been several weeks.

Very convenient that it fell during the speech and everything, and right after they had set up. He did mention that the truck looked like it was going to fall any day now though, so I guess in tv rules they're covered
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Obligatory episode where all the extras die.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Obligatory episode where all the extras die.

Bingo!
Based on the last 5 seasons, there is 1 too many African Americans alive.
Walking dead normally doesn't keep this many brothers around.
I think the guy with the long hair from episode 1 of this season dies within 3 episodes. Calling it now.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

So did Morgan kill that guy? And what was in that bag he was carrying?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
So did Morgan kill that guy? And what was in that bag he was carrying?

Looks like pictures scouts from Alexandria take out.
Remember the pics that were brought to Rick's group last season, when they first found out about Alexandria.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Carol is so badass.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Done with Morgan and his #PROLIFE movement. Dude see's a bunch of savages hacking apart his new peers and his first instinct is, 'Hey don't kill them' followed by disapproving glares when people who are defending themselves kill out of necessity? Done with you Morgan, letting those savages go is just gonna bite everyone else in the ass.

Also not digging Ron. I'd rather not watch him go through his whole I hate the world, no one understands me blah blah blah, teen angst phase. Carl just saved your life and you're gonna act like you're fine? Yeah, okay.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Ron to die real quick. Knowing TWD they're gonna drag this out.

Morgan makes no sense as a character anymore. He uses stick fu in a zombie apocalypse and refuses to kill unambiguously dangerous people. That last hit he scored on the wolf was left a mystery. Maybe he finally learned about no half measures.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:

Morgan makes no sense as a character anymore. He uses stick fu in a zombie apocalypse and refuses to kill unambiguously dangerous people. That last hit he scored on the wolf was left a mystery. Maybe he finally learned about no half measures.

This was a good episode. Morgan is still an interesting character although they still haven't done a good job explaining how he became insane and then back to normal again...

Also, is that JSS girl part of the wolves? Who are the wolves anyway? I don't recall them from previous episodes. I remember the group who had music to lure walkers into the two trailers...but vaguely remember what the situation was back then
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

This was a good episode. Morgan is still an interesting character although they still haven't done a good job explaining how he became insane and then back to normal again...

Also, is that JSS girl part of the wolves? Who are the wolves anyway? I don't recall them from previous episodes. I remember the group who had music to lure walkers into the two trailers...but vaguely remember what the situation was back then

SPOILERS AHEAD

JSS = Just Survive Somehow (you saw it in the note that Enid left Carl at the end)

The Wolves were the guys that attacked Morgan before. The ones he locked in a car.

The Wolves also had that one trap with the rigs and they killed that one poncho guy. If you recall, they found a knapsack that Aaron accidentally left behind and that's how they found out about Alexandria.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

wouldn't surprise me if she was a part of the wolves.

Ron needs to die.

Carol is amazing.

The herd is coming. which is their own stupid fault for a terrible plan..
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject:

No progression. Tower defense filler episode #56-f, this time against generic nomadic melee units. Melee savages rush, reserve unit stands its ground while A-team is out on yet another red herring excursion; mongols are driven away in dominant fashion and the show only has to use a single core cast member.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
No progression. Tower defense filler episode #56-f, this time against generic nomadic melee units. Melee savages rush, reserve unit stands its ground while A-team is out on yet another red herring excursion; mongols are driven away in dominant fashion and the show only has to use a single core cast member.

Funny guy.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

Considering the absolute suckiness of Fear the Walking Dead ... these first 2 episodes of the Walking Dead have been stellar!

Action, violence, lots of killing. LOVE IT!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

I wonder if that wolf that Morgan let go will end up shooting somebody with that gun he picked up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: