LAMAR ODOM RECOVERY (No OT Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

Great news that he's well enough to transfer back to LA. Making some progress now, Keep it up brother!

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

So they say LO did a speedball. Hardcore
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 29m29 minutes ago
I'm told Lamar Odom was successfully transferred earlier tonight to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in LA

Thank goodness for those human-sized pneumatic tubes that connect all the hospitals.

Seriously -- he's in top-notch facilities now. That can only help his recovery (other than the fact that all hospitals are really terrible places to be if you are trying to rest and recover).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Great video.

Six hours a day dialysis. I believe eventually he's going to need/get a transplant.

Had a friend on dialysis. He told me, in private, he was tired. He took his name off the transplant list. He said he would only start drinking again if he got the transplant.

He passed about three months later.

Dialysis is a chore. I don't know how long people last when they take the treatment. Anyone know?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Six hours a day dialysis. I believe eventually he's going to need/get a transplant.

Had a friend on dialysis. He told me, in private, he was tired. He took his name off the transplant list. He said he would only start drinking again if he got the transplant.

Dialysis is a chore. I don't know how long people last when they take the treatment. Anyone know?

Some people on dialysis live long and fruitful lives. Depends on their comorbidities.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

dang, get well please LO! We're praying for ya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Since Odom is rich would he be able to get a kidney on pretty short notice if he is willing to pay? If this happened in Australia, hypothetically, would he be stuck on a waiting list?
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
shortodom wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Lamar Odom’s Belongings Stolen While Unconscious at Brothel

As Lamar Odom was unconscious at a Nevada brothel, a mystery man took his cell phone and belongings.

Love Ranch owner Dennis Hof told the New York Post that a man entered the former Los Angeles Lakers player’s room and jacked his personal items. Another man who claimed to be Odom’s bodyguard later came and told Hof he had no clue who the first person was.

“I don’t know if I got conned,” Hof said. “I think when this all shakes out, this a shady motherf–ker. I didn’t recognize him. Something was up.”

http://www.thewrap.com/lamar-odoms-belongings-stolen-while-unconscious-at-bunny-ranch/

Hof or pimpdaddy or whatever his name is took his items-- dude doesn't want his business shut down. My guess is there was some illegal contraband

There's more to this story. How can he not know the "suspect ". Wouldn't he have been a other customer ? How can some random guy get in the brothel?

Yeah, this makes no sense. They have cameras. They have security. You're not getting back to another customer's room unless you're also a paying customer. In which case, they know exactly who you are. Dennis is covering for something....

What Dennis said in the podcast was that LO was staying in his 'home' and there is not the regular security gear in there.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
RG73 wrote:
shortodom wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Lamar Odom’s Belongings Stolen While Unconscious at Brothel

As Lamar Odom was unconscious at a Nevada brothel, a mystery man took his cell phone and belongings.

Love Ranch owner Dennis Hof told the New York Post that a man entered the former Los Angeles Lakers player’s room and jacked his personal items. Another man who claimed to be Odom’s bodyguard later came and told Hof he had no clue who the first person was.

“I don’t know if I got conned,” Hof said. “I think when this all shakes out, this a shady motherf–ker. I didn’t recognize him. Something was up.”

http://www.thewrap.com/lamar-odoms-belongings-stolen-while-unconscious-at-bunny-ranch/

Hof or pimpdaddy or whatever his name is took his items-- dude doesn't want his business shut down. My guess is there was some illegal contraband

There's more to this story. How can he not know the "suspect ". Wouldn't he have been a other customer ? How can some random guy get in the brothel?

Yeah, this makes no sense. They have cameras. They have security. You're not getting back to another customer's room unless you're also a paying customer. In which case, they know exactly who you are. Dennis is covering for something....

What Dennis said in the podcast was that LO was staying in his 'home' and there is not the regular security gear in there.

It was probably Lamar's dealer or someone associated with him. Those guys tend to live in the shadows. They wouldn't want something like his phone with the contacts and call logs ending up in the wrong hands.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I saw the bill he racked up for 4 days at the brothel. No wonder he went into a coma.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I hope Lamar takes a look at who was really there for him and chooses wisely those he wishes to associate with in the future.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:

I have no idea what that is.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
The misleading headlines are really getting annoying. There was one saying he was doing a lot better and communicating a lot more and texting, etc and then the fine print said he was mostly giving thumbs up and thumbs down. Then there was one saying he got out of bed but the fine print said he was moved to a chair using none of his own power. Now there's one saying he was released from the hospital when he was really just moved to a different hospital.
being released from ICU to Cidars is kind of like being released. but i see your point. you're thinking is the guy back at home? you know that cant be the case. the man was just on dialysis due to kidney failure. its going to be a minute.

People like us that are following this know that. But casual onlookers are going to see a headline that he was released from the hospital and come to the conclusion that he is no longer hospitalized. It really should have just said he was being transferred.
bls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Since Odom is rich would he be able to get a kidney on pretty short notice if he is willing to pay? If this happened in Australia, hypothetically, would he be stuck on a waiting list?

No. In the US it is illegal to buy body parts.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

speaking as a former dialysis patient one can get off dialysis if one has life left in the kidneys...filtration rate, creatinine levels and other critical issues are important....typically the wait for a kidney in California is over 10 years...
probably a lot shorter with his star status and khardshian pull..we do know that he will get the best help money can buy....
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

His kidney function may yet recover - I don't know the specifics of his case, but it does happen. Patient's get admitted to the ICU with multi-organ failure, usually due to a severe underlying infection. As they recover, their kidney function sometimes recovers as well, and they can potentially come off hemodialysis. Recovery is more common in young, otherwise healthy individuals without underlying renal disease. Again, I don't know Lamar's medical history. Does he have a history of chronic kidney disease (haven't heard anything to suggest this)?
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

His kidney function may yet recover - I don't know the specifics of his case, but it does happen. Patient's get admitted to the ICU with multi-organ failure, usually due to a severe underlying infection. As they recover, their kidney function sometimes recovers as well, and they can potentially come off hemodialysis. Recovery is more common in young, otherwise healthy individuals without underlying renal disease. Again, I don't know Lamar's medical history. Does he have a history of chronic kidney disease (haven't heard anything to suggest this)?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

You know a family member or a friend can donate their kidney to you right?
You think with the money they have, they can't find a "friend" to donate?
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Maybe Kanye can give him a kidney.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

His dad is the first one that came to my mind in that (wink, wink) scenario but I am guessing his would be no good either due to his age and lifestyle.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Right. I don't mean buying the body part, I mean buying the procedure. If you have no insurance and money for the best doctors in the world you cannot get a kidney significantly faster than someone on medi-cal?
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Right. I don't mean buying the body part, I mean buying the procedure. If you have no insurance and money for the best doctors in the world you cannot get a kidney significantly faster than someone on medi-cal?

rate-limiting-step is getting the organ - so like bls said, it is illegal to buy an organ in the US. No shortage of surgeons ready to do the procedure if the organ is available.

Money won't get Odom a kidney. A willing family member who is a match could. Otherwise, he has to wait on the transplant list like everyone else.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

I have no idea what that is.

Damn This sounds dangerous.

Quote:
Speedball (drug)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Speedball"

Cocaine powder

Heroin powder
Speedball (also referred to as powerballing) is a term commonly referring to the intravenous use of cocaine with heroin or morphine in the same syringe.[1] Some also use it with two syringes, one in each arm. The speedball can also be taken by insufflation. The original speedball used cocaine hydrochloride mixed with morphine sulfate, as opposed to heroin.[2] The term can also be applied to use of pharmaceutical opioids, benzodiazepines or barbiturates along with substituted amphetamines. This cocktail of drugs can cause a strong physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

rate-limiting-step is getting the organ - so like bls said, it is illegal to buy an organ in the US. No shortage of surgeons ready to do the procedure if the organ is available.

Money won't get Odom a kidney. A willing family member who is a match could. Otherwise, he has to wait on the transplant list like everyone else.

Never underestimate the power of the all mighty dollar.

If not here, in another country Lamar may jump to the front of the line because he and the Kardashians have money.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Never underestimate the power of the all mighty dollar.

If not here, in another country Lamar may jump to the front of the line because he and the Kardashians have money.

like i said, there is no line needed if someone is willing to donate you their kidney. if you need a new kidney, and your family member or friends want save you by giving one of their kidney to you, then their kidney goes directly to you, right? it would be funny if it goes to people first on the "waiting list". it is true that money can't buy organs, but if a "friend" is willing to donate theirs to you, then that's not a problem.
you think Lamar doesn't have "friend"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47
Jump to: