LAMAR ODOM RECOVERY (No OT Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Quote:
like i said, there is no line needed if someone is willing to donate you their kidney. if you need a new kidney, and your family member or friends want save you by giving one of their kidney to you, then their kidney goes directly to you, right? it would be funny if it goes to people first on the "waiting list". it is true that money can't buy organs, but if a "friend" is willing to donate theirs to you, then that's not a problem.
you think Lamar doesn't have "friend"?

Like I posted, Never underestimate the power of the all mighty dollar. People will be standing in line to test for compatibility if the dollar is waved. I'd guess there are feelers out as I ink this.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

CRAZY

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/khloe-kardashian-lamar-odom-call-182700934.html
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

that gives me respect for Khloe and shows her intentions are pure, my biggest concern for Lamar was what if he makes it through rehab and she is there then she says ok glad yo uare better im off to see James he would have been in worse shape
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

If they really give it a good effort to try their life together again, I really hope that this time around, they can keep Lamar out of the show.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
bls wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Great video.

Six hours a day dialysis. I believe eventually he's going to need/get a transplant.

Had a friend on dialysis. He told me, in private, he was tired. He took his name off the transplant list. He said he would only start drinking again if he got the transplant.

He passed about three months later.

Dialysis is a chore. I don't know how long people last when they take the treatment. Anyone know?

Since Odom is rich would he be able to get a kidney on pretty short notice if he is willing to pay? If this happened in Australia, hypothetically, would he be stuck on a waiting list?

No. In the US it is illegal to buy body parts.
Right. I don't mean buying the body part, I mean buying the procedure. If you have no insurance and money for the best doctors in the world you cannot get a kidney significantly faster than someone on medi-cal?

rate-limiting-step is getting the organ - so like bls said, it is illegal to buy an organ in the US. No shortage of surgeons ready to do the procedure if the organ is available.

Money won't get Odom a kidney. A willing family member who is a match could. Otherwise, he has to wait on the transplant list like everyone else.

This is not the America I signed up for Mr Trump.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Khloe!! never liked the kardashians but glad she's at his side fully during Lamar's tough times.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Well, best of luck to LO & Khloe; I hope for LO's recovery and that they can resolve all their issues. I mean, they'll have a better, stronger marriage if they can stick together and weather the storm.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Khloe and Lamar
Call Off Divorce
We're Giving Marriage a Second Chance

Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom have jointly gone to court to dismiss their divorce case, because they want to stay husband and wife ... TMZ has learned.

Khloe's lawyer Laura Wasser went before a judge Wednesday morning, asking a judge to withdraw the papers they both signed to end their marriage. The file was sitting in a pile waiting to be processed and signed by a judge.

The judge granted Wasser's request and the file is now dead.
Khloe filed for divorce in December 2013, but sat on it for a year and a half because she tried to save her marriage by trying to get Lamar into rehab. She finally gave up this summer.

As we reported, Khloe privately vowed to be by Lamar's side during his recovery, which will take months, and a few days ago they both agreed to give their marriage another chance. They both signed the document Wasser presented to the judge, asking that the divorce case be dismissed.

Lamar signed Tuesday from his hospital bed -- Wasser signed on behalf of Khloe.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/21/khloe-karsashian-lamar-odom-divorce/#ixzz3pEeMOn4h

Good for them!!!
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Being married to an addict has to be the worst situation a married person can be in.
Its not as simple as Lamar goes to rehab and Khloe waits for him to return clean.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Khloe and Lamar
Call Off Divorce
We're Giving Marriage a Second Chance

Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom have jointly gone to court to dismiss their divorce case, because they want to stay husband and wife ... TMZ has learned.

Khloe's lawyer Laura Wasser went before a judge Wednesday morning, asking a judge to withdraw the papers they both signed to end their marriage. The file was sitting in a pile waiting to be processed and signed by a judge.

The judge granted Wasser's request and the file is now dead.
Khloe filed for divorce in December 2013, but sat on it for a year and a half because she tried to save her marriage by trying to get Lamar into rehab. She finally gave up this summer.

As we reported, Khloe privately vowed to be by Lamar's side during his recovery, which will take months, and a few days ago they both agreed to give their marriage another chance. They both signed the document Wasser presented to the judge, asking that the divorce case be dismissed.

Lamar signed Tuesday from his hospital bed -- Wasser signed on behalf of Khloe.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/21/khloe-karsashian-lamar-odom-divorce/#ixzz3pEeMOn4h

Good for them!!!

found new respect for Khloe, mad respect, taking a guy back under these circumstances.
maybe i will start watch KUWK, lol
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Bill Plaschke keeping it 100 as always. Great article by the LA Times.
I wonder if Eric Pincus aka Emplay had anything to do with this article as well.
Great piece 💯

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lamar-odom-plaschke-20151021-column.html

Kardashians' freak show capitalizes on Lamar Odom one more time

Quote:
As one of the many media members who fell in love with Odom's sweet soul during his 12 seasons as a pro baller in Los Angeles, I watched in sadness last week as he fought for his life after being found unresponsive in a brothel. Police reported that witnesses said Odom had been on a binge that lasted several days in which he used herbal sex stimulants and cocaine.

Yet the horror increased when it became apparent that even his most dire moments were going to be stolen by the tacky reality TV show that had already taken so much.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Im not a Kardashian fan, dont watch "reality TV".

However, I love Odom. He'll always be Laker family and if Klhoe is what will keep him grounded, if that is where he finds happiness, and if that keeps him alive and present for his children, then more power to them.

To be clear, Khloe isnt taking him back after him messing around, its more like they're both taking each other back.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I wonder if Eric Pincus aka Emplay had anything to do with this article as well.
Great piece 💯

Quote:
As one of the many media members who fell in love with Odom's sweet soul during his 12 seasons as a pro baller in Los Angeles, I watched in sadness last week as he fought for his life after being found unresponsive in a brothel. Police reported that witnesses said Odom had been on a binge that lasted several days in which he used herbal sex stimulants and cocaine.

Yet the horror increased when it became apparent that even his most dire moments were going to be stolen by the tacky reality TV show that had already taken so much.

Bill really needs to hush sometimes. She spent every single day in that hospital next to him and even slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, they are now calling off the divorce.

He literally has no ground to stand on at this point. Sounds like he's the one trying to capitalize off something at this point. Which is his MO.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Great piece 💯

Quote:

Bill really needs to hush sometimes. She spent every single day in that hospital next to him and even slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, they are now calling off the divorce.

He literally has no ground to stand on at this point. Sounds like he's the one trying to capitalize off something at this point. Which is his MO.

Khloe did good. He's not talking about her.

He's talking about the entire Kardashian reality tv frenzy.
You be a damn fool if you wouldn't agree their entire family is a circus. An Bill has every damn right to make this point. He's been the Lakers beat writer for like two decades.

I get it that anything that is bashing the Kardashians is getting annoying. But with that said anything supporting them isn't getting any less annoying as well lol. An as much as they like to publicize they aren't filming don't be a fool an act like they aren't thinking in the back of their minds how they are going to shoot the comeback story of Lamar and Khloe. Guaranteed Kris Jenner and Seacrest is setting something up.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Great piece 💯

Quote:

You be a damn fool if you wouldn't agree their entire family is a circus. An Bill has every damn right to make this point. He's been the Lakers beat writer for like two decades.

I get it that anything that is bashing the Kardashians is getting annoying. But with that said anything supporting them isn't getting any less annoying as well lol. An as much as they like to publicize they aren't filming don't be a fool an act like they aren't thinking in the back of their minds how they are going to shoot the comeback story of Lamar and Khloe. Guaranteed Kris Jenner and Seacrest is setting something up.

Okay....and??? I really get tired of people acting like or refusing to acknowledge Lamar's willingness to be a part of the circus. The Kardashians are what they are and they were that way when Lamar married into that family. He wasn't some blindfolded kidnapping victim in the back of a van. Lamar likes the circus. If he didn't, he would've never married that girl.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
CRAZY

The real news is he was able to sign the papers from his bed.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Great piece 💯

Quote:

Okay....and??? I really get tired of people acting like or refusing to acknowledge Lamar's willingness to be a part of the circus. The Kardashians are what they are and they were that way when Lamar married into that family. He wasn't some blindfolded kidnapping victim in the back of a van. Lamar likes the circus. If he didn't, he would've never married that girl.

I agree with this which makes me wonder if he was in really bad shape as we're lead to believe. I mean a week ago a lot of us believed he was at death's door now he makes a miraculous recovery and can call off a divorce?

How was he able to sign off over not calling off the divorce if he's in such bad shape?

I continue to be skeptical about all of this.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:
rebirth wrote:
CRAZY

Looks like Odom is going to pull through from reports, but if he doesn't she would now get a whole lot more than the $10M life insurance policy. And if he does pull through she can just get the divorce again later.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Great piece 💯

Quote:

I agree with this which makes me wonder if he was in really bad shape as we're lead to believe. I mean a week ago a lot of us believed he was at death's door now he makes a miraculous recovery and can call off a divorce?

How was he able to sign off over not calling off the divorce if he's in such bad shape?

I continue to be skeptical about all of this.

i agree with plaschke.

anywho, it's sad that lamar will be remembered for all this off-court mess instead of being a 2 time champion
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but there better not be even one instance of a "Keeping up with the Kardashians" cameraman filming any of this. It would truly be disgusting, even for that family.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
rebirth wrote:
CRAZY

Looks like Odom is going to pull through from reports, but if he doesn't she would now get a whole lot more than the $10M life insurance policy. And if he does pull through she can just get the divorce again later.

I'm so angry with all the Khloe bashers!

She never left his side for over 4 days and would jump up from sleeping (on a cot next to his bed) every time he'd wake up so whenever he woke up he knew she was still there for him. She arranged for his ex, his kids and his dad to fly to his side. She got specialists from LA to go to Las Vegas to give him the best care. Doesn't sound like she wanted him to die to get his $$ to me!!

Khloe really loves Lamar. If you watched their reality show you'd have known that already.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject:

Poor James Harden.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Please try to stick to the topic. Lamar's recovery and his wife's help with that is fine. But I don't want this thread to descend into long-winded, Plashke-like rants and bickering again. As was previously requested, if you want to rant about the K-family, start a thread in the OT forum. Thanks.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

I'd also like to point out that Plashke accusing others of being drama queens for money is ironic, to say the least.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

Good luck to L & K
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47
Jump to: