LAMAR ODOM RECOVERY (No OT Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

That's about what I expected, unfortunately. People got ahead of themselves and started having thoughts about an NBA comeback. I said it'd be a miracle if he can just walk and talk normally again. The Lamar we knew is likely gone forever.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject:

SO many conflicting reports. There's another report that he's started rehab on walking and that Khloe actually had Kanye in his room and they listened to Kanye 's CD together and Lamar loved it.

I'm more keen to believe that report as Kanye was recently on video saying he was thankful that Lamar loved his CD.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/01/02/lamar-odoms-son-shares-first-photo-of-his-dad-since-october-medical-scare/

First photo of Lamar, looks pretty good.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/01/02/lamar-odoms-son-shares-first-photo-of-his-dad-since-october-medical-scare/

First photo of Lamar, looks pretty good.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

Khloe Kardashian: Lamar Odom Doing Well in Recovery

*take it for what its worth

Quote:
"He's doing amazing, and I'm so proud of the strength that he has had to fight that battle," said Kardashian, part of the reality TV juggernaut that includes "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and, at one time, "Khloe and Lamar."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Khloe-Kardashian-Lamar-Odom-Doing-Well-in-Recovery-364505091.html#ixzz3wg73mfvS
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20160109/b720362/

Quote:
Lamar Odom Released From Hospital, Continues Recovery in Private Rehabilitation Facility

Lamar Odom has hit a huge milestone in his length recovery: he's been released from a Los Angeles hospital.

E! News has learned that the former professional athlete was moved into a private rehabilitation facility Wednesday, where he'll be able to continue focusing on his condition and overall health.

The 36-year-old had remained in a hospital since Oct. 13, when he was found unconscious in a Las Vegas-area brothel.

Odom was taken from Dennis Hof 's Love Ranch South to Sunrise Medical Center where he remained in treatment for several weeks.

After that, he was transferred to a Los Angeles hospital where he remained

While at Sunrise, a source told E! News that "drugs were found in his system" and doctors are treating the situation as an "overdose." The source also said that the basketball player suffered a "loss of oxygen," resulting in what appears to be an "ischemic stroke" caused by a blood clot preventing blood flow to the brain.

Khloe Kardashian has since been open about her ex's difficult health battle, and how she's been coping with the recent events. In fact, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star explained during an interview on the Today show exactly how she reacted to receiving a phone call about Odom.

"It's a horrible call to get," she admitted. "Getting to the hospital and knowing he's in a coma and having to run these tests or make medical decisions. It's terrifying."

Khloe also gave some insight into how he's doing these days, sharing, "He is learning how to walk again and learning...cognitive therapy and speech therapy. They think, like, within a year and a half to two years that, mentally, he might be fully recovered. But they don't know."

Earlier this week, the 31-year-old also discussed Odom during her appearance at the 2016 Television Critics Association Press Tour to chat about her upcoming show Kocktails with Khloe.

"It's not my story to tell, I want to respect that and I want him to be able to tell that story," Khloe began by explaining to the crowd.

"I'm just there to support and care for him, but he's doing amazing and I'm so proud of the strength that he has to fight this battle that's his battle, and I'm so grateful for everybody's love and concern because I do think it's coming from a good place."

And while it is true that Odom's recovery thus far has been nothing short of miraculous—considering the fact that he woke up from a coma and is off dialysis, both huge feats in and of themselves—it's clear that he still has a very long road ahead. Us Weekly was the first to report on Odom's release
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

Lamar Odom leaves LA hospital for private facility

Quote:
Lamar Odom has been transferred from a Los Angeles hospital to a private facility. But there's no word on his condition, three months after he was found unconscious and in critical condition at a Nevada brothel.
Family spokeswoman Alvina Alston says Friday that Odom was released from the hospital earlier in the week.
Alston says Odom's family is proud of what's termed his "miraculous and continued improvement" but isn't providing details of his condition.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/01/09/odoma-leaves-hospital.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

http://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust

Quote:
Lamar Odom Will Not Face Drug Charges for Brothel Overdose

Lamar Odom will not face drug charges stemming from the overdose he suffered this past October at the Bunny Love Ranch near Las Vegas.

A spokesperson for the Nye County District Attorney told E! News Monday that although "evidence showed Mr. Odom had metabolized cocaine in his system while he was present in Nye County in October of 2015, he was not found in the possession of cocaine and it is unlikely it could established beyond a reasonable doubt he actually ingested, or was impaired by, the drug during the time he was within the jurisdiction of Nye County."

With this potential legal worry out of the way, Lamar can now fully focus on his road to recovery. The 36-year-old former NBA player was released from a Los Angeles hospital last week and moved to a private rehabilitation facility Wednesday, E! News confirmed. Over the weekend, Lamar was photographed in public for the first time since leaving an L.A. hospital following months of treatment.

Lamar has made significant progress over these past four months, but he still has a long road ahead of him. Khloe Kardashian, who has been responsible for making all medical decisions involving Lamar, told Today that Lamar's doctors are optimistic.

"He is learning how to walk again and learning...cognitive therapy and speech therapy," she explained this past November. "They think, like, within a year and a half to two years that, mentally, he might be fully recovered. But they don't know."

We wish Lamar all the best as he continues to recover
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust

Quote:
Lamar Odom Will Not Face Drug Charges for Brothel Overdose

Lamar Odom will not face drug charges stemming from the overdose he suffered this past October at the Bunny Love Ranch near Las Vegas.

A spokesperson for the Nye County District Attorney told E! News Monday that although "evidence showed Mr. Odom had metabolized cocaine in his system while he was present in Nye County in October of 2015, he was not found in the possession of cocaine and it is unlikely it could established beyond a reasonable doubt he actually ingested, or was impaired by, the drug during the time he was within the jurisdiction of Nye County."

With this potential legal worry out of the way, Lamar can now fully focus on his road to recovery. The 36-year-old former NBA player was released from a Los Angeles hospital last week and moved to a private rehabilitation facility Wednesday, E! News confirmed. Over the weekend, Lamar was photographed in public for the first time since leaving an L.A. hospital following months of treatment.

Lamar has made significant progress over these past four months, but he still has a long road ahead of him. Khloe Kardashian, who has been responsible for making all medical decisions involving Lamar, told Today that Lamar's doctors are optimistic.

"He is learning how to walk again and learning...cognitive therapy and speech therapy," she explained this past November. "They think, like, within a year and a half to two years that, mentally, he might be fully recovered. But they don't know."

We wish Lamar all the best as he continues to recover
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/29/lamar-odom-drinking-photos/
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/29/lamar-odom-drinking-photos/

Jesus.

I love Odom. He's my 2nd favorite Laker of the Kobe Era.

But this is just pathetic. 6 months ago he was knocking on death's door, about to lose his kidney, suffering multiple strokes, and now he's back to boozing.

Why should we care about his life/well being when he clearly doesn't care about it?
LINK604
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Looking good LO7!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmjzDig0JM/?taken-by=espn
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

LINK604 wrote:
Looking good LO7!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmjzDig0JM/?taken-by=espn

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

https://instagram.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/15276755_208652269589111_9094374236012675072_n.jpg

Recent pic
Khacho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I wish the FO would bring him on board in some capacity to give him some sort of purpose moving forward to work at.
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Khacho wrote:
I wish the FO would bring him on board in some capacity to give him some sort of purpose moving forward to work at.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://instagram.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/15276755_208652269589111_9094374236012675072_n.jpg

Recent pic

I would say he'd be another good person to bring in to help Julius along, but during his playing days Lamar was never pegged as being a guy that might become a coach in any capacity.

If he could stay clean he'd be a phenomenal goodwill ambassador for the team.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Recent pic

Aww. That brings mad good vibes man.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
I would say he'd be another good person to bring in to help Julius along, but during his playing days Lamar was never pegged as being a guy that might become a coach in any capacity.

He was a very good teammate though. He kept players together, got in their ear. Kobe once described the locker room as good cop/bad cop. With Kobe being the bad cop, tearing into guys. And then Lamar being the good cop and approaching them with positive energy to lift them back up.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:

He was a very good teammate though. He kept players together, got in their ear. Kobe once described the locker room as good cop/bad cop. With Kobe being the bad cop, tearing into guys. And then Lamar being the good cop and approaching them with positive energy to lift them back up.

Oh he was definitely a great teammate, but I don't see how that can translate to him being a member of a coaching staff in any way. If he were still able to play (like Artest) he'd be a super valuable asset.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/17/lamar-odom-on-the-scene-rhode-island-creighton-march-madness/99321750/

Quote:
Lamar Odom on scene for Rhode Island-Creighton

SACRAMENTO — The Rhode Island basketball team, making its first NCAA tournament appearance in 18 years, played in front of one of its most famous alums: Lamar Odom.

Odom, who played for Rhode Island in 1998-99, remained standing at Golden 1 Center until No. 11 Rhode Island made its first basket against No. 6 seed Creighton in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

During his one season with Rhode Island, Odom’s three-pointer against Temple gave the school its first Atlantic-10 Tournament championship.

“It was extremely special, especially that shot I hit against Temple,’’ Odom told USA TODAY Sports. “I’ll never forget it. It brought the state together at that time.’’

Odom, who has struggled with substance abuse and marital problems with Khloé Kardashian, looked healthy.

“I’m great,’’ he said. “Life is great.’’

He’s doing as good as ever?

“Good as ever,’’ he replied. “Always room for improvement.’’

When asked what he’s doing these days, Odom responded, “Just living. Being happy.’’

He also said he plans to follow Rhode Island as far as the team advances.

“I look forward to it,’’ he said.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/lamar-odom-says-he-had-12-strokes-and-six-heart-attacks-while-in-hospital/

Quote:
Lamar Odom says he had “12 strokes and six heart attacks” while in hospital

When Lamar Odom was found comatose in a Nevada brothel a few years back, he was close to death.

How close? What Odom told Kevin Hart — in the new season of Cold As Balls — was frightening.

Thomas Duffy

@TJDhoops
Lamar Odom told Kevin Hart he had "12 strokes and six heart attacks" while in his 2015 coma. 😳

3:03 PM - Aug 21, 2018
9,433 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Hart’s reaction tells the story. Odom is a walking miracle.

Odom is lucky to have another chance (or, chances).

Three years later, Odom seems to be doing well (he could play in China this season). He seems recovered. Hopefully, he can make the most of this rare opportunity, and not on the court as much off it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: