2016 Dodgers Thread (candy canes see page 222 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 233, 234, 235  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Padres trade Pomeranz to the Red Sox for one of their top pitching prospects in Anderson Espinoza. Padres might be trading high in exchange for a highly regarded prospect. Meanwhile, the D-bags in AZ are still suffering from a disaster of a trade with Shelby Miller sucking so bad. Too bad they're in the same division. Would've been nice to see the Dodgers take advantage of AZ's terrible management.

That was a good move for the Madres. Pomeranz hasn't thrown for over 100 innings until this year and like many ex-A's pitchers, comes with an injury history. The Shelby Miller trade was doomed from the start for both teams.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject:

Yeah, nice job by the Padres here. They hardly gave up anything to get Pomeranz in the first place, and now get back a legit pitching prospect with serious upside.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

Norris is scheduled to start tonight as the season resumes post all star game. Some may be asking why Norris? Why would he line up in the number one slot? Well, if all goes well, this wanna-be Clayton will pitch in this slot just this once, as the real deal, Clayton Kershaw, is expected to return to resume his role as number one, the following start.

Good news, I'd say.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Norris is scheduled to start tonight as the season resumes post all star game. Some may be asking why Norris? Why would he line up in the number one slot? Well, if all goes well, this wanna-be Clayton will pitch in this slot just this once, as the real deal, Clayton Kershaw, is expected to return to resume his role as number one, the following start.

Good news, I'd say.

That's excellent news. Did you see this somewhere? Is there a link?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw could return to the starting rotation as early as next Thursday night in Washington, based on a loose timetable manager Dave Roberts provided on Thursday.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/189712118/clayton-kershaw-nearing-return-to-dodgers/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

^ Awesome.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh man. Bases loaded and Puig up to bat. He gets a hit and drives in two runs....and promptly gets thrown out trying to turn the single into a double. If there was a single play that illustrates Puig, this was it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Taylor needs a single for the cycle!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Taylor needs a single for the cycle!

Oh snap! I'm watching the Lakers 4th...gotta switch back.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Dang he missed it. And while only needing a single.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Yeah it sucks. He got the triple out of the way too which is usually the tough one to get. Got 13 runs this game. I'm expecting a string of 1-2 run outputs for the next week or so.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Yeah it sucks. He got the triple out of the way too which is usually the tough one to get. Got 13 runs this game. I'm expecting a string of 1-2 run outputs for the next week or so.

Perfect for when Kershaw comes back!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Perfect for when Kershaw comes back!

I'm actually impressed with this team. It's like the Ewing effect when Clayton was out -- they actually played hard because they knew they couldn't rely on our ace.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Oh man. Bases loaded and Puig up to bat. He gets a hit and drives in two runs....and promptly gets thrown out trying to turn the single into a double. If there was a single play that illustrates Puig, this was it.

I've seen many occasions where that's praised as the "right play", even if the runner is thrown out. You're either going to advance to second on the throw home, or ensure the run at home by drawing a throw at second. He actually made it, but slid past the bag. Not a bad play.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I've seen many occasions where that's praised as the "right play", even if the runner is thrown out. You're either going to advance to second on the throw home, or ensure the run at home by drawing a throw at second. He actually made it, but slid past the bag. Not a bad play.

Yeah that was a good play by Puig.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

You guys are far more knowledgeable in baseball than I so I'll concede to that. Just as a layman who probably pays more attention to stats or not, it just seemed like an overreach but again, I emphasize the fact that I'm far from an expert .

With that said...the boys beyond held the fort until Clayton got back. The man, the myth, the legend is back on Thursday. It'll tide me over until the Olympics.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

You guys are far more knowledgeable in baseball than I so I'll concede to that. Just as a layman who probably pays more attention to stats or not, it just seemed like an overreach but again, I emphasize the fact that I'm far from an expert .

With that said...the boys beyond held the fort until Clayton got back. The man, the myth, the legend is back on Thursday. It'll tide me over until the Olympics.

They did more than hold the fort -- we gained on the hated ones up north while Clayton was out -- we're in a good position right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

They did more than hold the fort -- we gained on the hated ones up north while Clayton was out -- we're in a good position right now

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers deserve to lose this game. They are 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dodgers deserve to lose this game. They are 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

Typical, pathetic offensive performance after 13 runs last night.

At least the Giants lost as well.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Jansen has now blown 4 saves even though he had a 1.16 ERA and a .65 WHIP coming into the game. Has allowed no runs in 37 of his 41 appearances, and one of the appearances was a game where he came into the game up 5-0 and allowed 1 run. So he's basically been lights out, but when he's been hit, it's hurt.

Also, the Dodgers made a mistake in the 9th inning with Lamb up after Bourn stole second. Lamb has been on fire and first base was open. Nothing against Castillo, who was on deck, but you have to go ahead and put Lamb on in that spot. It cost them big time to pitch to him.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jansen has now blown 4 saves even though he had a 1.16 ERA and a .65 WHIP coming into the game. Has allowed no runs in 37 of his 41 appearances, and one of the appearances was a game where he came into the game up 5-0 and allowed 1 run. So he's basically been lights out, but when he's been hit, it's hurt.

Also, the Dodgers made a mistake in the 9th inning with Lamb up after Bourn stole second. Lamb has been on fire and first base was open. Nothing against Castillo, who was on deck, but you have to go ahead and put Lamb on in that spot. It cost them big time to pitch to him.

Totally. Jake Lamb has been really clutch this year. Would've been worth putting the go-ahead run on base as to not face Lamb.

Also, nobody's talking about Seager's baserunning blunder in the top of the 12th by trying to go from 2nd to 3rd on a ground out to short with nobody out.

Of course if that was Puig, certain people would be all over him.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Bad game from Maeda. Justin Turner is 2nd on our team in HR and tops in RBI, which means something is horribly wrong. A-Gone is hitting more like James Loney. Trayce and Joc can't crack .240. Puig is in and out. All that's left is Seager.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Rumors from DodgersNation are that they are looking at Evan Longoria, Jake Odorizzi, Matt Moore, and Rich Hill.

I wonder what all of those players have in common.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rumors from DodgersNation are that they are looking at Evan Longoria, Jake Odorizzi, Matt Moore, and Rich Hill.

I wonder what all of those players have in common.

Apparently, the memory on their Franklin Ace 2000's can only store info on Rays/A's/Braves/Marlins.

That said though, I'd welcome Longoria coming back to Cali though there'd need to be some infield position moves.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
Page 80 of 235
Jump to: