Kobe got cold because...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Kobe got cold because...

He tried to trust his teammates, make about 8237492384792374234 passes and had 8237492384792374233 clanks. Thus, he lost his shooting rhythm and went ice cold. Thank you Vujacic, Cook, Walton, and the rest of the on the floor in the second half.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

the roleplayers sucked tonight. mihm was good. smush had too many turnovers. kwame dissappeared late in the game. walton was, well walton.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Mitch did a great job this year. This team looks good. The coach looks great.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

and all the other teams can't wait to trade with us. we have so much talent on this team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobe scored 35 pts on 18 shots, when he was double he passed to the open man. Except for the 7 to he played a great game, why would anyone want him to force shots against double teams?
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

on nights like this when they double team kobe this is why not getting artest is a huge loss!!!!
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

The reason Kobe couldn't score is because his teammates weren't making the Bobcats pay for the double and triples. So they just kept doing it and kept taking the ball out of Kobe's hands. The ball movement was so terrible when Kobe passed it out they could hardly even shoot it let alone make the shot.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I rather Kobe shoot a three quintuple doubled, 35 ft away than have Vujacic, George, Cook or Walton shoot a wide open 3...
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Every man has a breaking point, and Kobe's was when he went on a hot streak in the 3rd quarter and his teammates could not make one defensive stop.
CeeJay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Most teams will now use this strategy against the Lakers. If we don't get a shooter soon, it will be a long second half to the season.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

CeeJay wrote:
Most teams will now use this strategy against the Lakers. If we don't get a shooter soon, it will be a long second half to the season.

Already started... Hello Indiana and Charlotte!
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Holy garbage batman. Cook/Walton/George just disgusting tonight. DISGUSTING. IF YOU ARE NOT HITTING ANY SHOTS, WHY KEEP SHOOTING?

Odom's the only guy smart enough to get Kobe the damn Ball, everyone else is in their own little world.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Yes, blame the others for Kobe going cold. :roll: There's no doubt that the rest of the team (and even Kobe to a certain extent) have had horrible shooting nights, but you sound like a tool if you try to act like it's the rest of the team's fault when Kobe starts missing.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Yes, blame the others for Kobe going cold. :roll: There's no doubt that the rest of the team (and even Kobe to a certain extent) have had horrible shooting nights, but you sound like a tool if you try to act like it's the rest of the team's fault when Kobe starts missing.

KOBE WAS 12-18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU HIGH?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Am I high? What the hell are you talking about? The dude who posted the thread was trying to say that Kobe got cold because of his teammates. He was talking, I assume, about the 4th quarter when Kobe was 0-3 (all threes). My point was that Kobe takes responsibility for shooting well or not, just like everyone else should and you can't blame your teammates if you aren't knocking down your own shots. Whether he was hot or cold is really irrelevant. Obviously tonight he was smoking hot until the 4th.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:

Missing three threes is not going cold. That's taking tough shots and missing them. Probably expect him to make about 1 out of three, so if by going cold you mean missing one shot more than expected, then yeah, whatever, he went cold.

When Kobe has night's like this:

35/9/5/4 on 67% shooting (including 7 threes), and 91% shooting from within the arc, it makes me sad for this team.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Am I high? What the hell are you talking about? The dude who posted the thread was trying to say that Kobe got cold because of his teammates. He was talking, I assume, about the 4th quarter when Kobe was 0-3 (all threes). My point was that Kobe takes responsibility for shooting well or not, just like everyone else should and you can't blame your teammates if you aren't knocking down your own shots. Whether he was hot or cold is really irrelevant. Obviously tonight he was smoking hot until the 4th.

You said it yourself, Kobe's 3 shots in the 4th were desperation, shot clock 3's. This is the same guy that scored 30 points in 4 4th quarters this year. Perhaps a concerted effort to get him some looks?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
You said it yourself, Kobe's 3 shots in the 4th were desperation, shot clock 3's. This is the same guy that scored 30 points in 4 4th quarters this year. Perhaps a concerted effort to get him some looks?

You're still missing my point. I wasn't the one who said Kobe went cold. I was basically just repeating what the title of the thread is and saying that you can't blame teammates for your own misses. Personally, I think Kobe should have been shooting way more. Against quadruple teams if he had to. When someone is 12-15 through 3 quarters, you let him keep shooting until hell freezes over. The only way they could have gotten him more open looks, though, would have been to knock down their own shots, but they didn't so no one had to bother guarding anyone else. Just make Kobe give it up and let the rest of the team miss 7 out of every 10 shots.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe didn't get cold. He got swarmed and no one could make an open shot....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: