Some people are going to soon realize how important Odom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Some people are going to soon realize how important Odom

is to this team.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

funny stuff here!!

we might lost by 20 if Odom was playing!!!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Some people are going to soon realize how important Odom

LTD wrote:
is to this team.

you don't have to remind me i was thinking that as i watched rebs slip out of mihm & kwames hands.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

turbulent wrote:

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Some people are going to soon realize how important Odom

LTD wrote:
is to this team.

And I hope those people are fans of the team we trade him to.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I agree we should trade him but people who say he has no effect is just ignorant..
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

We arguably missed Odom more than Kobe during their injury stints last year. Of course he helps us out. The problem is, someone like Artest could have probably helped us out more.

We'll see.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

yeah...coz Lamar could've made those wide open outside shots...clean as a whistle.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
We arguably missed Odom more than Kobe during their injury stints last year. Of course he helps us out. The problem is, someone like Artest could have probably helped us out more.

We'll see.

If we could have gotten Ron without losing our best rebounder it would have helped. But to say he would have helped more i have to disagree. where he would have helped on defense & scoring we would have lost in rebs and as a pg of team. i dont know about yall but i dont trust mihm and kwame enough in the reb department.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

would odom have buried 7 3 pointers with open looks? doubtful.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yeah...coz Lamar could've made those wide open outside shots...clean as a whistle.

odom could of drawn double teams while kobe was being raped every single time.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
would odom have buried 7 3 pointers with open looks? doubtful.

Probably not but he could have stopped the Bobcats from getting as many O boards as they did.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Odom was definitely missed tonight. I know he's frustrating at times, but he was needed out on the court. His injury is definitely concerning, IMO.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Drifts wrote:

odom could of drawn double teams while kobe was being raped every single time.

Odom being aggressive and productive at the same time is just wishful thinking. I hope he can, but I doubt he could.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

We'll see.

If we could have gotten Ron without losing our best rebounder it would have helped. But to say he would have helped more i have to disagree. where he would have helped on defense & scoring we would have lost in rebs and as a pg of team. i dont know about yall but i dont trust mihm and kwame enough in the reb department.

Rebounds can easily be compensated for and picked up by the collective team. Without Odom's average of 9 rebounds a game tonight, the team all stepped up grabbing some boards.

Kobe-9 rbs.
Mihm-9 rbs.
Walton-7 rbs.
George- 5 rbs
Brown-5 rbs.
Cook-4 rbs.

Using rebounds as a reason to keep Odom does not make sense. Odom is made out to be an initiator of the triangle, but again, Walton had 5 assists tonight, as did Kobe. So, initiators can be replaced as well. Odom creates mismatches for opposing SF. How so? His abnormal dribbling skills for his size is wasted when he doesn't shoot or just misses when he does.

I think Odom's absence shows how replacable his assests are and how in need of a scorer the team is. Trade him Mitch.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Car54 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

We'll see.

Rebounds can easily be compensated for and picked up by the collective team. Without Odom's average of 9 rebounds a game tonight, the team all stepped up grabbing some boards.

Kobe-9 rbs.
Mihm-9 rbs.
Walton-7 rbs.
George- 5 rbs
Brown-5 rbs.
Cook-4 rbs.

Using rebounds as a reason to keep Odom does not make sense. Odom is made out to be an initiator of the triangle, but again, Walton had 5 assists tonight, as did Kobe. So, initiators can be replaced as well. Odom creates mismatches for opposing SF. How so? His abnormal dribbling skills for his size is wasted when he doesn't shoot or just misses when he does.

I think Odom's absence shows how replacable his assests are and how in need of a scorer the team is. Trade him Mitch.

Odumb sucks and we suck, besides Kobe and Bynum of course......
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Well of course Odom will be missed if a bench player fills his role.

Deaven and Luke are his replacement. They can't do what he does. That doesn't mean Odom is good for this team. Now if Odom was traded (as he should be) it wouldn't be that big of a loss because a legitimate 2nd option would be in his position.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
Well of course Odom will be missed if a bench player fills his role.

Devean and Luke are his replacement. They can't do what he does. That doesn't mean Odom is good for this team. Now if Odom was traded (as he should be) it wouldn't be that big of a loss because a legitimate 2nd option would be in his position.

I doubt Mitch & Co. can get anyone of equal value...much less get anyone better.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Some people are going to soon realize how important Odom

LTD wrote:
is to this team.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Car54 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

We'll see.

Kobe-9 rbs.
Mihm-9 rbs.
Walton-7 rbs.
George- 5 rbs
Brown-5 rbs.
Cook-4 rbs.

sure someone got more rebs because of more playing time sure they got more ast but that was due to more playing time. look at caron last season avg around 8 rebs without odom in the lineup but we still got killed by second chance points. Its not as simple as looking at stats. watching the game is the right way to judge.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Car54 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

We'll see.

Kobe-9 rbs.
Mihm-9 rbs.
Walton-7 rbs.
George- 5 rbs
Brown-5 rbs.
Cook-4 rbs.

sure someone got more rebs because of more playing time sure they got more ast but that was due to more playing time. look at caron last season avg around 8 rebs without odom in the lineup but we still got killed by second chance points. Its not as simple as looking at stats. watching the game is the right way to judge.

I watched the game, and the team was as bad as they were with Odom. I say let Odom rest for a few weeks. No one will remember his name.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
funny stuff here!!

Yeah, because Odom is nothing more than a roleplayer. :roll: You people get so ridiculous in your dislike of a player, that you ignore reality.

^^ Farmar

OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Jacko wrote:
funny stuff here!!

Yeah, because Odom is nothing more than a roleplayer. :roll: You people get so ridiculous in your dislike of a player, that you ignore reality.

Odom is a roll player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: