*** Lakers Vs. Timberwolves *** Game Thread 10/28/15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Kelly and Bass. Should not play so much. Bass is not a 5. That's on Byron.

Geeter called out playing Bass for playing the 5
Worthy kinda blamed the players about not taking advantage of the small lineup
Lou used the words "head of the snake" SMH
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Bryon snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tonight!
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
No one calls out Scott yet Jeanie will make another stupid statement about her brother being on a timeline

This team is better off without Jeannie Buss. If it's up to Mitch and Jim MDA would still be here finishing up his contract, and he'd do wonders with Russell's game. Hiring Scott was a PR move influenced by Jeannie because she was feeling the pressure from sponsors

Spot on. Also, Jeannie wanted the Kobe K!
She is much better with the media, but god awful with bball
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

Not enough. 20 better players than" Bustell".... But I'm not a Lakers scout. ..
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Lou should try to draw a foul instead of going for an open layup, he's capable of making free throws.

...Or he can just lob it to Randle.

There was absolute ZERO chance at a lob play and 90% of the time the foul will not be called on the final shot. Did you just start watching the nba?

Yeah I watched the NBA for like 2 years only, sorry. Don't take me too seriously as I'm a little upset about the loss right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Lou should try to draw a foul instead of going for an open layup, he's capable of making free throws.

There was absolute ZERO chance at a lob play and 90% of the time the foul will not be called on the final shot. Did you just start watching the nba?

Yeah I watched the NBA for like 2 years only, sorry. Don't take me too seriously as I'm a little upset about the loss right now.

you came to the right place if you needed company...
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

It's either Byron, or Bustell.... Not sure.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

The best options there were either to split the double immediately with a bounce pass to Randle to attack or to attack himself. As soon as Lou took a single dribble towards the rim the passing window closed so he did the right thing from there. It's 50/50 for me on whether he should have threaded the needle with a bounce pass to Randle or taken it himself, so either play was fine.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

If its any consolation I'm just happy Kobe didn't hoist it over 4 Timberwolves.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
The problem is and has always been Byron. He depended on Kobe to win the game. When Kobe got tired. He looked like he couldn't make anything in the 4th. Byron made this mess. Having Kelly and bass. Not calling timeouts, and pulling Russ for not playing D. Dumb coach. This was on him. He won't take blame obviously.

Also, why aren't refs looking for the timeout it is obvious. Sounds to me like refs kept it close in the third and I don't know usually refs should look for the timeout. Whyd they not see that.

Actually he is to be blamed for not pulling Russ earlier and run him with Clarkson more. Russell playing point guard with that line up was a disaster. That lineup fared better when Clarkson was running the point.

D'Angelo was the only starter tonight that didn't get to the free throw line. Not once! He dished out only 2 assists to 3 turnovers. Was 2-7 fg, 0-3 on 3s ended up with a whopping 4 Points! the lowest among the starters, he was a net negative out there and he didn't help Kelly get good looks because he wasn't penetrating or making any attempts to.

Are you trolling? He is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost today. He was being frozen out by the four other players.

Please look at the facts I just posted them right in front of you. He is a rookie, so he should get more leeway but for you to say he is not top 5 is just being fictitious

You've posted a bunch of false statements in the past hour or so regarding Russell so why would I care to gloss over them again?

Which statements are false?

I don't remember them all as reading nonsense posts hurts my head but one does jump out. You blamed Russell for the lead disappearing when he came out of the game at the end of the 3rd with a 7 point lead and didn't play the fourth. He did fine as the primary ball handler with a few rookie mistakes. NONE HOWEVER were as damaging as the coaching mistake of leaving (bleep) Bass and Kelly in the game at the same time for what seemed like a century.

We lost the momentum with him running the point, and he was a net negative on the floor at that point. By the time Huertas came in a 13point lead had gone down to 7 points or less (I need to check that) but I remember the Timberwolves going on a run with the Russell, Lou, Kelly Bass lineup eventhou he lead was built up with Clarkson in place of Russell. Obviously Byron Scott should be blamed but I was just stating facts and none of my statements were false.

http://www.nba.com/games/20151028/MINLAL/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

Russell is not to blame for there being no defensive presence in the post. Whatever happened in the 4th is out of Russell's hands. You're reaching by trying to put the blame on Russell. He had his hands tied for most of his time on the court being surrounded by ball stoppers.

I am not blaming him but you are being too emotional about this.

Russell was the least effective player on the floor tonight with a net positive of -9.
No lineup with him worked tonight, he went 2 -7 from the floor and 0 - 3 on 3s. He had 2 asts with 3 turnovers. He was the only starter not to go to the line. He had like 1 drive attempt to the basket which led to a turnover, he made zero plays tonight, scoring only 4 points. Now that is to be expected from a rookie, but I call it like it is. The Lakers didn't get much from him having the ball in his hands. He is better off playing off ball and I hope Byron Scott sees that and makes adjustments accordingly. Also add to the fact that the Kelly/Bass line up just doesn't work. Kelly/Black is much better.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

russell had 3 turnovers caused by dropped passes, and made 4 passes for wide open jumpers. that's 7 assists that he lost out on because of his teammates. far from a bust for a 19 year old's first game.

anyone who says russell made zero plays tonight has no (bleep) clue what they're watching. i'm sorry, just none.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Byron or Bustell.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

The best options there were either to split the double immediately with a bounce pass to Randle to attack or to attack himself. As soon as Lou took a single dribble towards the rim the passing window closed so he did the right thing from there. It's 50/50 for me on whether he should have threaded the needle with a bounce pass to Randle or taken it himself, so either play was fine.

Lou got a good look, he just missed a tough shot. The game never should have gotten to that point. Lackadaisical defense and really bad coaching cost us the momentum and the game.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

Both but Russell still has potential. Byron on the other hand is a lost cause.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
The problem is and has always been Byron. He depended on Kobe to win the game. When Kobe got tired. He looked like he couldn't make anything in the 4th. Byron made this mess. Having Kelly and bass. Not calling timeouts, and pulling Russ for not playing D. Dumb coach. This was on him. He won't take blame obviously.

Also, why aren't refs looking for the timeout it is obvious. Sounds to me like refs kept it close in the third and I don't know usually refs should look for the timeout. Whyd they not see that.

Actually he is to be blamed for not pulling Russ earlier and run him with Clarkson more. Russell playing point guard with that line up was a disaster. That lineup fared better when Clarkson was running the point.

D'Angelo was the only starter tonight that didn't get to the free throw line. Not once! He dished out only 2 assists to 3 turnovers. Was 2-7 fg, 0-3 on 3s ended up with a whopping 4 Points! the lowest among the starters, he was a net negative out there and he didn't help Kelly get good looks because he wasn't penetrating or making any attempts to.

Are you trolling? He is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost today. He was being frozen out by the four other players.

Please look at the facts I just posted them right in front of you. He is a rookie, so he should get more leeway but for you to say he is not top 5 is just being fictitious

Facts? Here are some facts.

-The Lakers scored 15 points on 12 possessions while Russell was running PG at the end of the 3rd quarter, a superb mark of 1.25 PPP.

-We were up 87-74 when Bass & Kelly came into the game.

-Minnesota scored 22 points in the 8:10 that Bass & Kelly were on the floor together in the 2nd half, including 14 points in 8 possessions to end the 3rd quarter.

-Russell literally only touched the ball once in his 6 minute shift to start the game, and that was on an offensive rebound.

-In his other two shifts, when he actually touched the ball with any degree of regularity, we scored 54 points on 41 possessions, good for 1.32 PPP. That's 54 points in 20 minutes. We scored 57 points on the other 57 possessions (1.00 PPP, obviously) over the rest of the game.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
RichD wrote:

+1
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
russell had 3 turnovers caused by dropped passes, and made 4 passes for wide open jumpers. that's 7 assists that he lost out on because of his teammates. far from a bust for a 19 year old's first game.

anyone who says russell made zero plays tonight has no (bleep) clue what they're watching. i'm sorry, just none.

Exactly. People are expecting 20/5/5 out of the gate? Its not like Russell has the green light.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

Lou got a good look, he just missed a tough shot. The game never should have gotten to that point. Lackadaisical defense and really bad coaching cost us the momentum and the game.

A good look + a tough shot don't seem to jive, but semantics aside I agree. I mean that it was a 50/50 decision and as soon as you take one dribble you have to go so I was fine with what he decided to do. Coaching lost us this game.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
pio2u wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

A good look + a tough shot don't seem to jive, but semantics aside I agree. I mean that it was a 50/50 decision and as soon as you take one dribble you have to go so I was fine with what he decided to do. Coaching lost us this game.

Those 6 seconds Byron pissed into the wind could have helped us draw up a more efficient look......
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:

-The Lakers scored 15 points on 12 possessions while Russell was running PG at the end of the 3rd quarter, a superb mark of 1.25 PPP.

-Minnesota scored 22 points in the 8:10 that Bass & Kelly were on the floor together in the 2nd half, including 14 points in 8 possessions to end the 3rd quarter.

-Russell literally only touched the ball once in his 6 minute shift to start the game, and that was on an offensive rebound.

-In his other two shifts, when he actually touched the ball with any degree of regularity, we scored 54 points on 41 possessions, good for 1.31 PPP. That's 54 points in 20 minutes. We scored 57 points on the other 57 possessions (1.00 PPP, obviously) over the rest of the game.

thanks for the numbers GT. How did those numbers stack up vs when Huertas was the primary point?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Bust
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

For my first time at Staples, I had a blast (even though we lost).

The crowd was with it all game long, with every Kobe shot the crowd jumped to its feet like it was a game winner. P cool.

Our lineup with Ryan Kelly and Brandon Bass blew the lead, and the Lakers couldnt put on the throttle in the 4th quarter.

A win-able game, but also limited minutes from Kobe and Randle. Plus Hibbert was in foul trouble.

I liked what I saw in the loss, the team has potential, but Russell (as expected) got abused by every Wolves guard.

Huertas showed some flashes, exiting player for sure.

A dream come true - I finally get to see the Lakers play at Staples. Means a lot for someone who grew up in a (bleep) hole like Rhode Island, all the way across the country.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/AE17C07B-E580-47B8-BA91-04AC350A69AF.jpg

Our seats, right behind the commentators.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/048B9AB3-D996-43C3-B7B7-038F59512676.jpg

Sat only a few seats away from NBA commissioner Adam Silver and monica Ahmad Rashad.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/5408AC61-C170-4423-AFD8-8666069BB237.jpg

Kobe bein Kobe.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/84463E31-94FC-4154-BC01-08E62CCDD399.jpg

Definitely gettin floor seats next time.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
thanks for the numbers GT. How did those numbers stack up vs when Huertas was the primary point?

We scored 21 points on 24 possessions (0.88 PPP) when Huertas was in the game compared to 90 points on 74 possessions (1.22 PPP) when he was not.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:

-In his other two shifts, when he actually touched the ball with any degree of regularity, we scored 54 points on 41 possessions, good for 1.32 PPP. That's 54 points in 20 minutes. We scored 57 points on the other 57 possessions (1.00 PPP, obviously) over the rest of the game.

How dare you bring facts and reality to.the argument. We should all blame DLO for being "ok", "lazy", and not being the head of the snake instead of blaming our coach when everyone was begging to stop the Bass/Kelly combo
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
RichD wrote:

+1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Page 118 of 120
Jump to: