Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
The problem is and has always been Byron. He depended on Kobe to win the game. When Kobe got tired. He looked like he couldn't make anything in the 4th. Byron made this mess. Having Kelly and bass. Not calling timeouts, and pulling Russ for not playing D. Dumb coach. This was on him. He won't take blame obviously.

Also, why aren't refs looking for the timeout it is obvious. Sounds to me like refs kept it close in the third and I don't know usually refs should look for the timeout. Whyd they not see that.

Actually he is to be blamed for not pulling Russ earlier and run him with Clarkson more. Russell playing point guard with that line up was a disaster. That lineup fared better when Clarkson was running the point.

D'Angelo was the only starter tonight that didn't get to the free throw line. Not once! He dished out only 2 assists to 3 turnovers. Was 2-7 fg, 0-3 on 3s ended up with a whopping 4 Points! the lowest among the starters, he was a net negative out there and he didn't help Kelly get good looks because he wasn't penetrating or making any attempts to.

Are you trolling? He is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost today. He was being frozen out by the four other players.

Please look at the facts I just posted them right in front of you. He is a rookie, so he should get more leeway but for you to say he is not top 5 is just being fictitious

Facts? Here are some facts.

What, the numbers I posted up about D'Angelo aren't facts?

What were the points per possessions when Clarkson was the lead guard before the 4th quarter. Why do you think Byron sat Russell out the whole 4th quarter if he was being so effective even though he led the lakers with a net negative tonight.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
The problem is and has always been Byron. He depended on Kobe to win the game. When Kobe got tired. He looked like he couldn't make anything in the 4th. Byron made this mess. Having Kelly and bass. Not calling timeouts, and pulling Russ for not playing D. Dumb coach. This was on him. He won't take blame obviously.

Also, why aren't refs looking for the timeout it is obvious. Sounds to me like refs kept it close in the third and I don't know usually refs should look for the timeout. Whyd they not see that.

Actually he is to be blamed for not pulling Russ earlier and run him with Clarkson more. Russell playing point guard with that line up was a disaster. That lineup fared better when Clarkson was running the point.

D'Angelo was the only starter tonight that didn't get to the free throw line. Not once! He dished out only 2 assists to 3 turnovers. Was 2-7 fg, 0-3 on 3s ended up with a whopping 4 Points! the lowest among the starters, he was a net negative out there and he didn't help Kelly get good looks because he wasn't penetrating or making any attempts to.

Are you trolling? He is not even in the top 5 reasons why we lost today. He was being frozen out by the four other players.

Please look at the facts I just posted them right in front of you. He is a rookie, so he should get more leeway but for you to say he is not top 5 is just being fictitious

Facts? Here are some facts.

What were the points per possessions when Clarkson was the lead guard before the 4th quarter. Why do you think Byron sat Russell out the whole 4th quarter if he was being so effective even though he led the lakers with a net negative tonight.

Because he is a terrible coach? He is responsible for putting the players in a position to succeed and he has failed to do so.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

I didn't say that what you posted weren't facts. Why did Byron sit Russell the whole 4th quarter? I dunno...because he's a bad coach? Did we not score 16 points on 26 possessions in the 4th quarter, by far our worst offensive quarter of the game?

We scored 73 points on 58 possessions (1.26 PPP) with Clarkson as the lead guard, which is also extremely efficient.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

I didn't say that what you posted weren't facts. Why did Byron sit Russell the whole 4th quarter? I dunno...because he's a bad coach? Did we not score 16 points on 26 possessions in the 4th quarter, by far our worst offensive quarter of the game?

We scored 73 points on 58 possessions (1.26 PPP) with Clarkson as the lead guard, which is also extremely efficient.

Okay I thought you were calling me out for not posting facts. I agree that we do have a different view on D'Angelo's production. But I don't want anybody to call me out as someone that is blaming D'Angelo for the loss or as someone that wants him to fail because I'm neither of those things.

I call things as I see them, and I think D'Angelo shouldn't have played lead guard on that 2nd unit for as long as he did. I think he is better off as a 2 guard, coming off screens and knocking down shots and creating when he sees the opportunity to do so. Huertas and Clarkson should always be our point guards because in my opinion they make plays. Either for themselves or their teammates.

Randle should handle the ball less as well and attack from the wing, he can bring the ball up but only as a surprise attack or when he has a clear advantage.

Kelly/Bass should never be in a line up at the same time, it just doesn't work offensively or defensively. I understand wanting to give playing time to Bass but Kelly/Black is much more effective. Bass can play spot minutes with Hibbert. Thats my take on Byron's coaching mistakes today. This loss was on him but the players also have to go out there and perform.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Whatever we lost as a team, and RichD do us all a favor and zip it because it's only one game.

Last edited by fontana3d on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
shnxx wrote:
what is your thought on kobe?
is he going to have another horrible shooting season?

If he doesn't pick his spots better and decides to hoist up every time he gets the ball then yes.

it's too bad kobe can't seem to, in his old age, figure out how to play smarter instead of playing the same way he did when he was 31.
obviously he's not as fast and athletic and the same fadeaways are now even closer to the defenders with even less spacing than before.

well he gave up the ball for the final shot to lou williams, that's actually huge in my book. Lou got a decent look at it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
HOWEVER THAT'S OKAY!!!!!!

The Cavaliers lost their first game against the Bulls!
The Spurs lost their first game against the Thunder!
The Rockets lost their first game against the NUGGETS!

WE WILL BE OKAY! OH YEAH!
LAKERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

we actually lost our first game against the worst team last year? I think...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Ok so what are the positives to take away from this first game ? I think we played pretty well for two quarters.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

Rubio is career 36% shooter He shoots like that consistently and the Wolves are to be reckon with and he gets MVP like Steve Nash.

For a moment, I thought maybe things are different this year. Then reality settled in. Kobe is Kobe, Byron is Byron. I thought maybe Kobe gets his consistency back this year, but man, he's hot and cold as always, and he doesn't stop when he's cold. It's not a good rebuilding environment for the young guys. Kobe either demands the ball, or they simply defer to him. The 20 year vet shouldn't lead the team in FG attempts.

Byron and his lack of crunch time management again. I didn't see the post conference, but did he say something like last year when he instructed Lin not to foul early.. how 20 seconds and 10 seconds aren't that much different? LOL!

And someone tell him, just because you sign a FA, doesn't mean you have to play him. I see Bass as insurance in case Randle is a complete bust, but obviously he's not. Don't need to force Bass into the rotation. You need Tarik in there as your back-up C.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
For my first time at Staples, I had a blast (even though we lost).

The crowd was with it all game long, with every Kobe shot the crowd jumped to its feet like it was a game winner. P cool.

Our lineup with Ryan Kelly and Brandon Bass blew the lead, and the Lakers couldnt put on the throttle in the 4th quarter.

A win-able game, but also limited minutes from Kobe and Randle. Plus Hibbert was in foul trouble.

I liked what I saw in the loss, the team has potential, but Russell (as expected) got abused by every Wolves guard.

Huertas showed some flashes, exiting player for sure.

A dream come true - I finally get to see the Lakers play at Staples. Means a lot for someone who grew up in a (bleep) hole like Rhode Island, all the way across the country.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/AE17C07B-E580-47B8-BA91-04AC350A69AF.jpg

Our seats, right behind the commentators.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/048B9AB3-D996-43C3-B7B7-038F59512676.jpg

Sat only a few seats away from NBA commissioner Adam Silver and monica Ahmad Rashad.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/5408AC61-C170-4423-AFD8-8666069BB237.jpg

Kobe bein Kobe.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/84463E31-94FC-4154-BC01-08E62CCDD399.jpg

Definitely gettin floor seats next time.

TheJMan24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject:

I know it's only one game & I'm English so my knowledge of the NBA is limited, but surely we have enough guards in Clarkson, Williams, Huertas & Kobe to run the offense so why didn't they get Okafor instead of Russell?? Him & Hibbert rotating would surely be better than having to give minutes to trash like Kelly & Bass & having to waste a roster spot on Sacre?????

Can't believe I got up at 2.30am to watch it live & we blew a massive lead to lose this one. We were coasting until we went cold in the 4th & started fouling on every play.

Always followed the game from England but with technology I can now watch every game so not sure if it's just me but is there no physical contact allowed in the game nowadays?? Every time they drove to the hoop in the 3rd & 4th they got a foul for seemingly next to nothing. It was virtually a non contact game & was so stop start it got a little boring - no flow to the game at all although maybe we just got poor officials for that game??
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject:

TheJMan24 wrote:
I know it's only one game & I'm English so my knowledge of the NBA is limited, but surely we have enough guards in Clarkson, Williams, Huertas & Kobe to run the offense so why didn't they get Okafor instead of Russell?? Him & Hibbert rotating would surely be better than having to give minutes to trash like Kelly & Bass & having to waste a roster spot on Sacre?????

Can't believe I got up at 2.30am to watch it live & we blew a massive lead to lose this one. We were coasting until we went cold in the 4th & started fouling on every play.

Always followed the game from England but with technology I can now watch every game so not sure if it's just me but is there no physical contact allowed in the game nowadays?? Every time they drove to the hoop in the 3rd & 4th they got a foul for seemingly next to nothing. It was virtually a non contact game & was so stop start it got a little boring - no flow to the game at all although maybe we just got poor officials for that game??

Yea the officiating was bad. Still, I do think Russell is much better suited as a heat check guy off the bench than a point guard at the NBA level. I'm thinking like a much less athletic Jamal Crawford and without the ball handling. I'm not gonna call him a bust because he is exactly what I expected but I will never approve of the decision to draft him with so much more talent on the board.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Thee Black Mamba wrote:
For my first time at Staples, I had a blast (even though we lost).

The crowd was with it all game long, with every Kobe shot the crowd jumped to its feet like it was a game winner. P cool.

Our lineup with Ryan Kelly and Brandon Bass blew the lead, and the Lakers couldnt put on the throttle in the 4th quarter.

A win-able game, but also limited minutes from Kobe and Randle. Plus Hibbert was in foul trouble.

I liked what I saw in the loss, the team has potential, but Russell (as expected) got abused by every Wolves guard.

Huertas showed some flashes, exiting player for sure.

A dream come true - I finally get to see the Lakers play at Staples. Means a lot for someone who grew up in a (bleep) hole like Rhode Island, all the way across the country.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/AE17C07B-E580-47B8-BA91-04AC350A69AF.jpg

Our seats, right behind the commentators.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/048B9AB3-D996-43C3-B7B7-038F59512676.jpg

Sat only a few seats away from NBA commissioner Adam Silver and monica Ahmad Rashad.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/5408AC61-C170-4423-AFD8-8666069BB237.jpg

Kobe bein Kobe.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/graffiti1003/84463E31-94FC-4154-BC01-08E62CCDD399.jpg

Definitely gettin floor seats next time.

x2.

Love these posts. Makes me feel like I'm there.

Those seats though...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

TheJMan24 wrote:

Sister-in-law is English so I have a soft spot .

The problem with this game wasn't Russell. It was a runaway until our idiot coach gave it away.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject:

You can't blame the defeat on Russell.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
what is your thought on kobe?
is he going to have another horrible shooting season?
He was horrid just as he was last year. He's not good anymore and is taking shots away from Russell, Clarkson, and Randle. He shot 8-24, that's unacceptable and outright embarrassing. If Byron wants to win games Kobe shouldn't get more then 25 mpg and cut his shots in half.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
diando..............................0-0

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
KyrieRubio
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject:

Timberwolves have a similar problem to us. Too many backcourt guys on their team.

The fact Rubio scored his career high will be a common theme I think against us since we have one of the worse defenses in the league.

I was thinking who the worse defensive guard in the league was.

Kevin Martin, JC, or zack lavine.

edit...

I forgot to add Nick young to that list.

Last edited by KyrieRubio on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject:

I don't think Russell is to blame for this game at all. He barely touched the ball.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject:

I don't even think Timberwolves were that good or the better team. Lakers dropped during the 3rd quarter and then Timberwolves took advantage. I think it was more down to Lakers costing themselves the game. The Lakers shooting was poor throughout the game I know they got 111.

I thought Randall was the most impressive out of the three young players for the Lakers. He didn't back down against Kevin Garnett. Hopefully Randall wants to make up for lost time after missing last season through injury. He needs to work on his right arm though but it's still early days with for him it's basically his rookie year.

Clarkson was solid but he wasn't outstanding. Russell was trying to make things happen but some things were just not coming off for him.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
HOWEVER THAT'S OKAY!!!!!!

The Cavaliers lost their first game against the Bulls!
The Spurs lost their first game against the Thunder!
The Rockets lost their first game against the NUGGETS!

WE WILL BE OKAY! OH YEAH!
LAKERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

we actually lost our first game against the worst team last year? I think...

I was being sarcastic can't you see?
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

I wonder how will the Lakers defense be if MWP stepped on the court.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
I wonder how will the Lakers defense be if MWP stepped on the court.

I was actually wondering about Metta & Nance Jr. I was wondering how, after giving up 136 pts to Golden St in the preseason, do you deactivate arguably your two most defensive-minded players for the game?

Metta's had a noticeable affect on our defensive intensity, notwithstanding his age, and yes, Nance jr has to pay his dues, but our defense is going to be a season long issue, and it seems to me you need to having one of them ready at all times.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

How good defensively would you say Nance Jr is?
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

I don't have a problem with the last play, it didnt go in, BUT Byron totally (bleep) up the end of that 3rd quarter and the 4th. No player should take more than 7 3s WTF!!!!! In that last min we took about 3 of them. Granted players were open but we were down only 1!!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 118, 119, 120  Next
Page 119 of 120
Jump to: