Phil Jackson's Rotations....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Phil Jackson's Rotations....

I am really disturbed at Phil's use of the limited talent that we have on this team. Now, I know he does not want to give Bynum a lot of minutes before he is ready but, if he is producing, you have to get him in the game in the fourth quarter. Why play him in the first half and not the second? What is up with Phil always using small line-ups to match up with the other team? Why not sometimes make the other team match up with you? Is it just me or is Phil out-of-touch with how to use certain players in certain situation? I think Phil is a great coach but I don't think he is doing a good job with this teams line-ups and his limited use of our young players is also annoying. Am I off base here?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Bynum's lack of playing time is really frustrating me too. He shows good effort and production when he plays then we never see him again. When we were getting outrebounded, we made Cook our center when we have a 7 footer capable of playing defense and grabbing boards on the bench. Man......
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Bynum was like +9 in this game, he actually has a defensive presence inside...heck he even had 2 assists in 5 minutes!

I have no idea why he never got off the bench in the 2nd half.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Bynum was like +9 in this game, he actually has a defensive presence inside...heck he even had 2 assists in 5 minutes!

I have no idea why he never got off the bench in the 2nd half.

Hey, don't worry, Jeannie's boyfriend has a master plan :roll:
vism
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Wafer should be getting some minutes too. He can't be much worse at this point than Walton and Sasha. Philip's just looking flat out lame not playing Bynum, when the kid is showing good things in the very, very limited minutes he's getting.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Wafer can be worse. He shoots the ball everytime he touches it.
vism
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

Tough to show what you can do in only 50 seconds of garbage time...let's see what he can do when he's together with Kobe in the backcourt playing atleast 15 minutes.
gastr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

start sasha. he's a better system player, better defender, and less turnover prone.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to see Bynum playing more, but I don't want to see him ruined when his body isn't ready. Sometimes patience is a virtue. What we should be (bleep) about is not having a bigman we can use for now instead of having to dream about relying on a barely 18 year old rook.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I knew it was a matter of time before people started complaining about Phils rotations. what the heck do you think most of us were saying when the possibility of Phil returning to the Lakers? you're watching Phil coach a team of no talents and even he doesnt know how to remedy the situation...all predicted long before he came back!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

It looked like Kareem was developing an ulcer as he watched.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
I knew it was a matter of time before people started complaining about Phils rotations. what the heck do you think most of us were saying when the possibility of Phil returning to the Lakers? you're watching Phil coach a team of no talents and even he doesnt know how to remedy the situation...all predicted long before he came back!

Really... nobody and I mean NOBODY could remedy the given situation, its ridiculous. This roster is TERRIBLE and one of the best coaches is doing whatever he can to milk them for what they have.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:

Seriously.

Phil has no trust for Bynum. Zero. I mean we are getting torched for 40 points in the first quarter and the other team's lanky bigman is scoring easily...just how much damage could Bynum do? Then, when he does put him in he has a +9 in 5 minutes at the end of the half and doesn't see light of day again.
ARCADE
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

With Lamar out and Chris Mihm possible hurt too... it leaves very interesting lineup possibilities. Kwame start at center? Probably. If this is the case, then Bynum's minutes could drasticly improve. Which I for one am all for.
rubintan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

Majority of us here are critical of Phil's coaching style and philosophy. How about his assistant coaches? Don't they give any advice to Phil on some game situations or are they just statisticians or robots there for display in the game?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject:

Rookies rarely prosper under Phil. In Bynum's last 39 minutes of play, he's gotten 28 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal. He should be able to play 15mpg and produce 7/4/1. It seems to help his shooting rhythm to play more minutes. He probably will get the minutes near the end of the year.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject:

rubintan wrote:
Majority of us here are critical of Phil's coaching style and philosophy. How about his assistant coaches? Don't they give any advice to Phil on some game situations or are they just statisticians or robots there for display in the game?

I have heard Frank Hamblen say that he, Kareem, and Tex have all been after Phil to give Andrew more playing time but he is resistant to doing it.
bigdog2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
rubintan wrote:

I have heard Frank Hamblen say that he, Kareem, and Tex have all been after Phil to give Andrew more playing time but he is resistant to doing it.

He dance to his own beat.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:

Bynum being for the most part "Shunned" by PJAX......instead of getting a few minutes for "Confidence" sake...as well as maturity & experience.......He has shown quite well in these past games,he has earned some minutes.......

Speaking of rotations...... Kobe gets 7 minutes of rest..... 3 timeout's and a real time total of over 20 mintues on the bench in the 2nd period while down by 16 or so.......Talk about digging holes you will never get out of early?.............And yes this was one we did not get out of.......

Besides Kobe being so very passive,and obviously doing everything he could short of "making the shots for his teamates" ...........So is the plan for Kobe to sit extra minutes,and to pass over and over to guys that cannot hit wide open shots, so his "multi millionaire teamates",pros at the highest level, can get used to playing without him,to learn to be more aggressive .......? At the cost of our superstar......

Does Kobe have to "water-down" his game,lower himself so the other guys can gain confidence?Instead of KObe being Kobe,and doing what he does,attack,while the other "So called Pros" figure out what they can do....

Kobe was force feeding these guys today,and really giving it the old team try,as it seems he has for the past games,going overboard to get these guys going in confidence........I think he must be in "strike mode".........Play within the "Bryangle"....play with others read the "D",but be first and foremost in attack mode.....

Plus.......What has happened to the team "D".......This must be remedied right away......

Kobe has to attack early,and not stop for the entire game,that is pretty much the situation for him with this praticular team...........we are in holes right off of the bat in all our recent games,I think in large part due to Kobe waiting,and force feeding the others.......You have a superstar use him for what he is intended......In Kobes case he is a scoring machine,let him go at it........He knows when to play within the system,and when to take things into his own hands.......
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Nothing seemed to work tonight. The Lakers had to draw from the bench to fill the two starting spots. There was no depth.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

gastr wrote:
start sasha. he's a better system player, better defender, and less turnover prone.
Don't get me wrong it's true, but I just never though I'd hear an argument like that in favor of Sasha.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

your not off base, ive been complaing about the same thing this whole season... FACT IS: Jackson likes Walton. Walton should never play ever. He's cancer. More minutes for other players.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
angel wrote:

Seriously.

Phil has no trust for Bynum. Zero. I mean we are getting torched for 40 points in the first quarter and the other team's lanky bigman is scoring easily...just how much damage could Bynum do? Then, when he does put him in he has a +9 in 5 minutes at the end of the half and doesn't see light of day again.
Man, the kid turned 18 a few months ago, it's not about Andrew doing damage, but about avoiding doing damage to HIM! You certainly don't want to hang the albatross around his young shoulders, feeling that he has to save the Lakers' season. Look at the way fans are so venemous over every little mistake Lamar makes, that kind of pressure will slow his progress, or halt it entirely.

Ego and self-confidence are very fragile things, Andrew could be devastated, should he fumble the ball out-of-bounds, miss an easy dunk, or commit a crucial foul or two at a critical point in the game. That's why he's sitting during critical points of games, it's not a matter of Phil trusting Bynum, but of protecting him.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

vism wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

Tough to show what you can do in only 50 seconds of garbage time...let's see what he can do when he's together with Kobe in the backcourt playing atleast 15 minutes.

thats what i say, if we could give sasha a chance like this. for no reason at all. he didn't show us anything last year, and nothing at all in the summer league or preseason. but yet and still we forced it and gave sasha minutes. then sasha eventually stepped up. perhaps von will never step up. but we need to find out.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is about the future, but when he plays well as he did against the Pacers, he might have gotten a few more minutes. In 12 minutes against the Pacers, he has 8 points and 9 rebounds over two games. He could have gotten more than 6 minutes a game. Jermaine O'Neal gave him some foul trouble, but O'Neal wasn't in the last game. It was the second of a back-to-back, so the rest of the team was tired.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: