Phil Jackson's Rotations....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

We were told from the beginning that Sasha was one to two years away from contributing.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
angel wrote:
It looked like Kareem was developing an ulcer as he watched.

Seriously.

Phil has no trust for Bynum. Zero. I mean we are getting torched for 40 points in the first quarter and the other team's lanky bigman is scoring easily...just how much damage could Bynum do? Then, when he does put him in he has a +9 in 5 minutes at the end of the half and doesn't see light of day again.
Man, the kid turned 18 a few months ago, it's not about Andrew doing damage, but about avoiding doing damage to HIM! You certainly don't want to hang the albatross around his young shoulders, feeling that he has to save the Lakers' season. Look at the way fans are so venemous over every little mistake Lamar makes, that kind of pressure will slow his progress, or halt it entirely.

Ego and self-confidence are very fragile things, Andrew could be devastated, should he fumble the ball out-of-bounds, miss an easy dunk, or commit a crucial foul or two at a critical point in the game. That's why he's sitting during critical points of games, it's not a matter of Phil trusting Bynum, but of protecting him.

word
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Bynum was doing fine against the Pacers. He could have gotten more minutes.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I am not saying that Phil should play him big minutes, but 15-20 minutes a game with some consistant 4th quarter minutes is not too much to ask. Anyway, I think his play has shown that he is worthy of the playing time. I would never want Phil to just to play him for his potential, he should only play him if he is playing well. Don't you guys think he is playing well? I think we all know he is our best big man an thus deserves at least some consistant minutes.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
angel wrote:
It looked like Kareem was developing an ulcer as he watched.

Seriously.

Phil has no trust for Bynum. Zero. I mean we are getting torched for 40 points in the first quarter and the other team's lanky bigman is scoring easily...just how much damage could Bynum do? Then, when he does put him in he has a +9 in 5 minutes at the end of the half and doesn't see light of day again.
Man, the kid turned 18 a few months ago, it's not about Andrew doing damage, but about avoiding doing damage to HIM! You certainly don't want to hang the albatross around his young shoulders, feeling that he has to save the Lakers' season. Look at the way fans are so venemous over every little mistake Lamar makes, that kind of pressure will slow his progress, or halt it entirely.

Ego and self-confidence are very fragile things, Andrew could be devastated, should he fumble the ball out-of-bounds, miss an easy dunk, or commit a crucial foul or two at a critical point in the game. That's why he's sitting during critical points of games, it's not a matter of Phil trusting Bynum, but of protecting him.

Back in November, when we played the Bulls at Staples Center, Andrew got the ball under the hoop with 42 seconds left in the game, Lakers down by 1. All he had to do was dunk it and we'd have gone ahead and quite possibly won the game.

Instead, he tried to lay it up and it was blocked by Chandler. Costly mistake that cost us the game. How did Bynum react? He took it like a man, blamed himself for the team's loss in a post-game interview (how often have you seen anyone do that?) and moved on.

How about the way he handled Shaq's dunking on him sending him crashing to the floor? Got back up, kept his wits about him and returned the favor.

Andrew Bynum may only be 18 years old, but he's a lot more mature, responsible and mentally strong than you give him credit for.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Today's Dallas game shows again that Phil does not quite have the pulse of this team and thus looks bad when he trys to use our personel. There is something to going small but you have to pick your spots and know when to go back to a conventional line-up. Oh yeah, Bynum again did not get in the game in the second half, unbelievable. Some will say he was resting him for Yao Ming tomorrow but I say that we had a two point lead and a great chance to win tonight's game. You got your two point lead with the small line-up, but that is the time to bring in Bynum and let him guard the basket while everyone else is resting from the torrid run they just put on. I just don't think Phil is making great choices in regards to playing time and substitutions, especially in the 2nd half of games.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject:

WE HAD THE LEAD???????

I'm going to pretend I never read that...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
WE HAD THE LEAD???????

I'm going to pretend I never read that...

not only did we had the lead...we had momentum and had Dallas reeling looking like a beaten team...Phil killed the momentum with his killer subs. ARRGGGHHH....
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: