TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 10-28-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

Honestly, this was just game 1 and I knew adjustments will have to be made. My only real complain would be Kobe forcing too many shots. Kobe should not be taking more than 15 shots per game.

Solution:
Kobe shoot less, move the ball more often, let Russell do his thing. Everything else will come together. Now Lets go and take down the Kings!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Very disappointed in Kobe's game tonight. 24 shots in 29 minutes is silly.

I just finished watching the highlights, but I scanned the box score this morning and wasn't pleased to see Kobe go 8-24 in 29 minutes. It's like last year all over again. Kobe needs to get that out of his system and just play the right way this season. If he's going to play 30 mpg, then he should be shooting no more than 15 times. That's plenty.
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I just finished watching the highlights, but I scanned the box score this morning and wasn't pleased to see Kobe go 8-24 in 29 minutes. It's like last year all over again. Kobe needs to get that out of his system and just play the right way this season. If he's going to play 30 mpg, then he should be shooting no more than 15 times. That's plenty.

+1!!!!!!!!!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Kobes ego got in the way a bit in this one. Going up against old nemesis' Tayshaun and KG didn't help matters at all. He DID make some ridiculous shots that had me smirking at home, but he needs to play a more balanced game. It was either a quick 3 ball or an iso 1 on 1 play by the entire team. Recipe for disaster.

Byron must have thought it was still preseason with the strange lineups and crap rotations. Like another poster stated, why is Clarkson bringing the ball up? Byron is going to stunt D-Lo's growth and lead him down an ugly path. I don't like it.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I don't know why anyone would expect anything different. Do you really think he's going to change in his 20th season?
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

+1!!!!!!!!!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Quite a few disappointments. Byron finally, after a year, getting it right in playing Kelly at the 4 and then totally messing it up by giving the 5 to Bass instead of Black. Defensive breakdowns galore. Allowing your offense to default to ISO ball down the stretch. Hoping they learn from each major mistake such as these.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

At least no one got injured in the opening game this year.

DLO overwhelmed? Or DLO being eased into pro ball? I thought BScott was being protective, having JC or Huertas handle the ball. DLO played at a very methodical pace.

Kobe's trying to be a 2-point-a-minute man. Gotta tone it down, but it was quite telling that on the potential game winning shot, Kobe was relegated to be the inbounder. In 20 yrs, I don't think that's ever happened while he's on the court.

35 3's attempted is way way too many.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

DLO overwhelmed? Or DLO being eased into pro ball? I thought BScott was being protective, having JC or Huertas handle the ball. DLO played at a very methodical pace.

Kobe's trying to be a 2-point-a-minute man. Gotta tone it down, but it was quite telling that on the potential game winning shot, Kobe was relegated to be the inbounder. In 20 yrs, I don't think that's ever happened while he's on the court.

One wonders why DLO wasn't moving without the ball, as noted in the Grantland article at http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-went-there-towns-and-russell-debut-but-kobe-takes-the-spotlight/

Looks like we will need to have MWP play the role KG is playing - a mood/intensity changer on the court.

DLO's passes were often not anticipated/expected, hence a TO. Playing with one's hands always open and expecting passes at any time from DLO should be happening
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

One wonders why DLO wasn't moving without the ball, as noted in the Grantland article at http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-went-there-towns-and-russell-debut-but-kobe-takes-the-spotlight/

Looks like we will need to have MWP play the role KG is playing - a mood/intensity changer on the court.

DLO's passes were often not anticipated/expected, hence a TO. Playing with one's hands always open and expecting passes at any time from DLO should be happening

The article doesn't say that he wasn't moving without the ball. The article says that he was wide open in the corner because the other team knew that the other players weren't passing.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

I say Byron gets a permanent emoji for the entire season:

LINK
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

LINK

Can poop fold its arms?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Tough loss last night, not going to pretend I wasn't disappointed with Scott, Kobe, or the general reluctance to give DLO the ball, but Clarkson and Randle showed why we have faith in them. DLO will too. And the bench was terrific in the first half. It's going to be a long year, but the pieces are there to attract top-flight talent as the cap grows and current contracts shed or retire.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

Randle, JC, DLO, Sweet Lou, Black, Kelly (if used correctly), and Young are a good seven players. With the right system and right coach, they are collectively cheap enough and talented enough to draw talent.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ocho wrote:

LINK

Can poop fold its arms?

LINK
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ocho wrote:

LINK

Can poop fold its arms?

LINK

YES
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

Not a terrible result for game one. I think we may have been lucky to see the Lakers finish so close actually, considering our guys' loose defensive work for so much of the contest. Sure would like to see Kobe's attempt rate - and volume (24 FGA in 29 minutes) - trimmed. It's just one game, the first of a season, against one of the league's weaker teams. All in all, not bad, not great.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ocho wrote:

LINK

Can poop fold its arms?

bahahahahahahhaahhah!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

I don't mind the change for DLO right now letting the other guys handle the ball more. Give him a few games to get his feet wet and ease him into it. Let him absorb some of what's going on without everything thrown at him. Then throttle it up. I don't like that his only direction seems to be "play with energy" etc.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
Honestly, this was just game 1 and I knew adjustments will have to be made. My only real complain would be Kobe forcing too many shots. Kobe should not be taking more than 15 shots per game.

Solution:
Kobe shoot less, move the ball more often, let Russell do his thing. Everything else will come together. Now Lets go and take down the Kings!

Disagree. 20 should be his max, But if it were 12-16 is ideal especially if high quality shots ... I dont mind Kobe taking them and being aggressive. Problem was that even when Kobe was making shots, it was mostly BAD ones.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

You know who would look a lot better on the 2nd unit next to Kelly? Ed Davis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
You know who would look a lot better on the 2nd unit next to Kelly? Ed Davis

if only we had the chance to go back in time and get a redo on nick young's contract. Williams + Davis > Williams + Swaggy
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

My problem with Kobe wasn't how many shots he took, but the shots that he took. He has only more 3s in a game 6 times in his entire career (and all of those games were before the 2007 season), its not his shot and its not his game. If had taken 24 shots, but the majority were mid-range pullups or off high post action, that would be one thing. Hell, even if these 3s were mainly off of drive and kick action, that would be fine.

But these were just him coming down and deciding to shoot. Its a lazy shot, and it disrupts the offense. He needs to be the steadying hand out there, and he can't do it by isolating into 3 pointers.
aelim
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant Season Opener

Kobe did a good season opener. He has scored 24 points for this game and it's good for him after an injury he had. But other players should also contribute not only Kobe if the want to make it to the Finals. I've been reading NBA news and other teams like the Spurs are having a good lineup.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

You guys think getting D'Lo the ball more would have helped

The answer is Randle. Not D'Lo <-- not ready
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: