OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 718, 719, 720 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

MagicMayun wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
tom wrote:
Mike@LG,let's just hope the 76ers aren't reading your notes and take Ingram.

Lol they are...their fans, at least : )

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1421939&start=1380

Never ceases to amaze me how delusional fans are. The posters on that board think they are going to get Crowder, Bradley and #3 for Okafor!

That is kind of like trading Clarkson and #2 for Paul George.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

I do think Hammonds is underrated. Looks like a very solid backup center.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
32 wrote:
Rumors on Celtic blogs today. They think we are taking Bender.

They read the same "stretching" article.

Chad Ford started that crap yesterday.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

gooner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
would boston take Randle for their #3?

DLo
Hield
Ingram or Simmons
Ryan Anderson
Whiteside

That would be a horrible trade.

Just wondering, why would this be "horrible?"

Because Randle is better than any player we can get at #3.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Is there any truth to this Bender rumor? or is it just typical fake trash gossip from that lakersnation account? I'll probably be done if they draft him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
Would it be crazy to offer Philly Randle & #2 for Noel & #1. Ben Simmons wants to be a Laker and Philly would be gambling drafting him being he may be unhappy. We wouldn't need Randle if Simmons came our way, and adding a young free moving defense center would be great. Simmons base is Randle, but his ceiling is a combo Blake Griffin/Chris Webber IMO.

Philly wouldn't do that

No kidding, considering that Noel has more value than Randle and that the #1 pick has more value than the #2 pick!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
Is there any truth to this Bender rumor? or is it just typical fake trash gossip from that lakersnation account? I'll probably be done if they draft him.

Typical trash gossip.

If Lakers want to draft Bender, we can trade down with the Celtics to get him. Using the 2nd pick on him is godawful value.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
What makes people think that Ingram is a harder worker than Simmons? I've not seen anything to indicate Simmons isn't a hard worker or that he doesn't have a high work ethic on his basketball skills.

Simple.

Gained 20 pounds prior to season start.

Unless he's doing TRT or has a membership to Balco, this is not possible to do in the short amount of time he had to do it. He weighed 190 as a senior at Kinston according to MaxPreps, weighed in at 195.8 (but I'll round to) 196 for the Nike Hoops Summit, and listed at 190 on the official Duke website. Twenty pounds on his frame would be a significant difference, over a 10% increase from April 2015 to November 2015.

For photo comparison:

Giannis - 6'11, 220

Jakarr Sampson - 6'9, 214

Chris McCullough - 6'9, 210

Brandon Ingam

Not to say he's not a hard worker given all that, but I think the 20lbs between senior year at Kinston and freshman year at Duke is a misnomer. Of course he didn't go to the combine, but I think we'll get official measurements once Ingram comes in for a workout in LA.

Incorrect, my son who is a senior and 18 could hit the gym for a month and easily put on 15-20 pounds.

Everyone's anecdotes are all well and good, except for the inconvenient fact that Ingram has not put on 20 pounds since he left high school and played at Duke. The pictures don't lie. Not only is he not as big as the aforementioned NBA players at their given height/weight, he's not even much that different than where he was at the Nike Hoops Summit where he weighed in at 196 LBs.

This is a 1:1 photo comparison.

Adding 20 pounds to his frame would look markedly different. Don't believe me? Look at Giannis who weighed 196 as a rookie compared to now at 220. THAT is a twenty pound weight gain. His arms and face are much larger today than his rookie season. For ectomorph/hardgainers like those guys, you need years to keep that sort of muscle definition glued to your body with a high cardio sport like basketball. I applaud Ingram's progress so far and think he will transform eventually but it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by AC Green's V-Card on Wed May 25, 2016 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
Would it be crazy to offer Philly Randle & #2 for Noel & #1. Ben Simmons wants to be a Laker and Philly would be gambling drafting him being he may be unhappy. We wouldn't need Randle if Simmons came our way, and adding a young free moving defense center would be great. Simmons base is Randle, but his ceiling is a combo Blake Griffin/Chris Webber IMO.

Philly wouldn't do that

No kidding, considering that Noel has more value than Randle and that the #1 pick has more value than the #2 pick!

That's debatable. I wouldn't do that trade straight up.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:

No,it's a rumor started by Chad Ford. In which in his insider article on Espn. He asked if the Lakers should take Bender at 2. LN ran with it as fact. Now the dopes in Boston believe it. Peeps got to remeber Chad Ford thinks ever Euro is good. He loves them all. He was a huge Darko fan as well.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

How is that debatable? One guy has real effect on one side of the floor, the other doesn't effect either side to any real degree.

Perhaps Randle will develop into the better player eventually, but right now Noel is much, much better. Noel could be the starting C on a championship team.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
tj24 wrote:

Typical trash gossip.

If Lakers want to draft Bender, we can trade down with the Celtics to get him. Using the 2nd pick on him is godawful value.

When have the Lakers ever leaked their internal moves? You have to ask, "Who benefits?" from the news of Bender to the Lakers. And the answer is undoubtedly Bender and his agent. Chad Ford is a mouthpiece for agents who use leaks and rumors to raise their clients' stock. He's also a mouthpiece for front offices who are trying to manipulate other teams, so their coveted prospect can fall to them. He knows his role and he plays it well.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
What makes people think that Ingram is a harder worker than Simmons? I've not seen anything to indicate Simmons isn't a hard worker or that he doesn't have a high work ethic on his basketball skills.

Simple.

Gained 20 pounds prior to season start.

Unless he's doing TRT or has a membership to Balco, this is not possible to do in the short amount of time he had to do it. He weighed 190 as a senior at Kinston according to MaxPreps, weighed in at 195.8 (but I'll round to) 196 for the Nike Hoops Summit, and listed at 190 on the official Duke website. Twenty pounds on his frame would be a significant difference, over a 10% increase from April 2015 to November 2015.

For photo comparison:

Giannis - 6'11, 220

Jakarr Sampson - 6'9, 214

Chris McCullough - 6'9, 210

Brandon Ingam

Not to say he's not a hard worker given all that, but I think the 20lbs between senior year at Kinston and freshman year at Duke is a misnomer. Of course he didn't go to the combine, but I think we'll get official measurements once Ingram comes in for a workout in LA.

Incorrect, my son who is a senior and 18 could hit the gym for a month and easily put on 15-20 pounds.

Everyone's anecdotes are all well and good, except for the inconvenient fact that Ingram has not put on 20 pounds since he left high school and played at Duke. The pictures don't lie. Not only is he not as big as the aforementioned NBA players at their given height/weight, he's not even much that different than where he was at the Nike Hoops Summit where he weighed in at 196 LBs.

This is a 1:1 photo comparison.

Adding 20 pounds to his frame would look markedly different. Don't believe me? Look at Giannis who weighed 196 as a rookie compared to now at 220. THAT is a twenty pound weight gain. His arms and face are much larger today than his rookie season. For ectomorph/hardgainers like those guys, you need years to keep that sort of muscle definition glued to your body with a high cardio sport like basketball. I applaud Ingram's progress so far and think he will transform eventually but it hasn't happened yet.

Yep. Ingram is now 196 pounds. He did not get to Duke at 176 pounds. Him putting on 20 pounds at Duke is a complete myth.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

I realize that isn't a universal opinion, but Noel is so superior to Randle defensively that I think more NBA GM's would rather have Noel, in a vacuum. But certainly, Julius has legit upside. He's also a year younger than Noel.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

I realize that isn't a universal opinion, but Noel is so superior to Randle defensively that I think more NBA GM's would rather have Noel, in a vacuum. But certainly, Julius has legit upside. He's also a year younger than Noel.

Randle has far more upside and most GMs would prefer him over Noel because of that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

Randle has far more upside and most GMs would prefer him over Noel because of that.

On offense, yes. On defense, not even close. And right now, what Noel does well is far better than what Julius does well, and makes more of a difference in a game.

In any case, there is no reason for Philly to trade Noel and the #1 for Randle and the #2. If they move Noel (or Okafor), you might as well do it for a guard prospect that is highly regarded.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

How is that debatable? One guy has real effect on one side of the floor, the other doesn't effect either side to any real degree.

Perhaps Randle will develop into the better player eventually, but right now Noel is much, much better. Noel could be the starting C on a championship team.

Anything can happen.
Julius has a higher ceiling. Value can be seen as what you currently get and what you can expect to get in the future. I'd take current Julius and his potential over Noel. Noel will be a solid role player. Julius will at least be the same.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

On offense, yes. On defense, not even close. And right now, what Noel does well is far better than what Julius does well, and makes more of a difference in a game.

In any case, there is no reason for Philly to trade Noel and the #1 for Randle and the #2. If they move Noel (or Okafor), you might as well do it for a guard prospect that is highly regarded.

Except for the fact that they have 3 centers on the roster. Have another PF coming over from Europe and would be drafting another PF with the #1 pick.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

Except for the fact that they have 3 centers on the roster. Have another PF coming over from Europe and would be drafting another PF with the #1 pick.

Right...so they trade for Randle, another PF? You have to at least agree that if they move one of their centers, it's almost certainly going to be for a guard or wing player.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
gooner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
would boston take Randle for their #3?

DLo
Hield
Ingram or Simmons
Ryan Anderson
Whiteside

That would be a horrible trade.

Just wondering, why would this be "horrible?"

Because Randle is better than any player we can get at #3.

Are you saying that Randle will be better than any other player in this year's draft, drafted below 2? And by a significant margin since if it was close it wouldn't be horrible.

Last edited by gooner on Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

Right...so they trade for Randle, another PF? You have to at least agree that if they move one of their centers, it's almost certainly going to be for a guard or wing player.

They would go from 3 Centers (Embiid, Noel, Okafor) and 2 PFs (Saric, Simmons) to 2 Centers (Embiid, Okafor), 2 PFs (Saric, Randle), and 1 SF (Ingram). Definitely a better roster fit then what they had.

Of course their preference would be a guard or wing but that doesn't mean they are going to find a guard/wing that has better value than Randle.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

If Noel is such a game Changer why does his team suck?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Philly wouldn't do that

Totally agree. Typical overrating of our own players. I would gladly trade Randle for Noel. Averaging 10 rebounds is a nice accomplishment but it really isn't a big deal.

Look at Serge Ibaka, the guy has never avg more than 9 reb in a season, I'd gladly take him over Randle if offered the opportunity. The only thing Randle has over Ibaka is that he's still on a rookie deal.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

True, he's definitely surrounded by a bunch of stud all stars.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

If Anthony Davis is such a game changer then why does his team suck?

Seriously, you have to do better than that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 718, 719, 720 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 719 of 1140
Jump to: