OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I thought I'd seen it all but now somebody wants to sell the 2nd rounder for cash???

do you have any idea how valuable our 2nd round pick is? The 2nd pick in the 2nd round? You most likely get 1st round talent that falls for whatever reason and... wait for it... no first round guaranteed money...

just... wow...

Actually I was just throwing out ideas.

I'm more inclined to move the 2nd round pick to move up by using Young or Lou.

was that you that started it? ... WHY??? Some of the stuff posted here is mind boggling...

Lou most likely isn't going anywhere. Swaggy is going to be hard to move, he might even be back next year because we can't move him but neither of those guys gets us a 1st rounder, if anything we'd have to give the 2nd rounder away just to get rid of Swag - which isn't worth it, so Mitch might as well tell him to, "Man Up", get over his beef with DLo and report for duty.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
15 wrote:
forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=42863

Funniest thread in LG history I promise you

...that's not funny...tha-that's...not funny at all!

Damn it Mike!

never listening to Mike again. lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I thought I'd seen it all but now somebody wants to sell the 2nd rounder for cash???

do you have any idea how valuable our 2nd round pick is? The 2nd pick in the 2nd round? You most likely get 1st round talent that falls for whatever reason and... wait for it... no first round guaranteed money...

just... wow...

Actually I was just throwing out ideas.

I'm more inclined to move the 2nd round pick to move up by using Young or Lou.

was that you that started it? ... WHY??? Some of the stuff posted here is mind boggling...

Lou most likely isn't going anywhere. Swaggy is going to be hard to move, he might even be back next year because we can't move him but neither of those guys gets us a 1st rounder, if anything we'd have to give the 2nd rounder away just to get rid of Swag - which isn't worth it, so Mitch might as well tell him to, "Man Up", get over his beef with DLo and report for duty.

Actually Lou is very valuable in a modern type offense as long as he doesn't overuse ISO offense.

any player that can provide a substance of offense is valuable in both analytics and modern era offense.

It's just that these guys are a difference between adding multiple stars to the roster and there salary coming off the books will let the FO have more flexibility in free agency.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
Man. The hype train here for Darius Miles II is getting out of control.

Aside from their build, that comparison makes no sense. Miles couldn't shoot hence why he never averaged more than 1 3pt attempt per a game his entire career.

Your point is exactly mine which is why I used Miles to make it. Making any comparison to Kevin Durant simply because of their build, is just beyond ridiculous. Ingram is nothing like him, and won't be anything near him. But why let the truth get in the way of the "feel good" hype train?

It is very clear to me exactly what you are. I am surprised the diligent mods on this site have not sniffed you out yet...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Aside from their build, that comparison makes no sense. Miles couldn't shoot hence why he never averaged more than 1 3pt attempt per a game his entire career.

Your point is exactly mine which is why I used Miles to make it. Making any comparison to Kevin Durant simply because of their build, is just beyond ridiculous. Ingram is nothing like him, and won't be anything near him. But why let the truth get in the way of the "feel good" hype train?

It isn't the truth, it is speculation. You should learn the difference, maybe then your posts would make more sense.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

As far as message board entertainment, it's too bad our #2 pick is so clear cut this year. If not Simmons then Ingram. I liked all the back and forth concerning other options the previous 2 times when we picked Julius and DLo.

The 2nd rounder is the Wild West right now, there's probably 10 guys that could fall to that slot and we'll probably pick another guy out of the blue like Larry Nance again so...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
As far as message board entertainment, it's too bad our #2 pick is so clear cut this year. If not Simmons then Ingram. I liked all the back and forth concerning other options the previous 2 times when we picked Julius and DLo.

The 2nd rounder is the Wild West right now, there's probably 10 guys that could fall to that slot and we'll probably pick another guy out of the blue like Larry Nance again so...

I know, it is kind of boring. I mean I am thrilled we are getting a top 2 player, but there isn't any mystery. And for the 32nd pick, there are too many potential players that I have a hard time locking down on one. Hopefully Mitch hits it big again, I wanted Harrell in the late first last year but was very happy with Nance.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

i have a feeling the pick is getting traded.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

I know, it is kind of boring. I mean I am thrilled we are getting a top 2 player, but there isn't any mystery. And for the 32nd pick, there are too many potential players that I have a hard time locking down on one. Hopefully Mitch hits it big again, I wanted Harrell in the late first last year but was very happy with Nance.

it'll be a long time until last year is matched. There were people arguing at 2-3am several nights about Porzingis/Okafor/DLo There's a lot of guys to like for that 2nd rounder but there's so many right now, I guess I'll wait until Draftexpress and some others start trying to lock down their late 1st round guesses for each team before I get too invested in anybody.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2016/5/31/11821862/la-lakers-draft-rumors-brandon-ingram-instagram#

J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

I like it better this way, we won't have to worry about threads raging on for years about the guy we didn't draft, and supporters of that guy trashing the guy we did.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2016/5/31/11821862/la-lakers-draft-rumors-brandon-ingram-instagram#

Some kind of Napolean Dynamite and Pedro vibe going on there.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

In hindsight, D-Wade would go 2 behind Lebron in the 2003 draft. You can only draft based on the tools the prospects have, and it would have been crazy to take Wade over Melo or Bosh, and even Darko. LOL! But you never know how things will translate. Simmons and Ingram are going to be drafted first and second, but the guy that may end up being better than them is Kris Dunn.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

It isn't the truth, it is speculation. You should learn the difference, maybe then your posts would make more sense.

I know the difference. And I know that all speculation isn't equal. Speculating Ingram is like Durant is completely baseless.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If Byron was still coaching.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Damn, to top it off that hat he's wearing is a limited edition travis scott rodeo hat. He's a travis scott fan too . lets hurry up and draft this kid
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Mannix ✔ ‎@ChrisMannixYS
Brandon Ingram (@B_Ingram13) putting in work

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/737679787452469249
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/31/11827012/la-lakers-draft-rumors-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram

More Simmons to Philly rumors.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:

He kinda looks like Karl Anthony Towns a lil bit.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/31/11827012/la-lakers-draft-rumors-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram

More Simmons to Philly rumors.

Best case scenario- we draft Ingram and in 4 years Ben Simmons signs with us to play with his boy Dlo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:

Freaking Chris Mannix. He should have said, Ingram shooting 3 for 5 on practice 3 pointers, not "putting in work" to get me to click it!
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

Wow Ingram looks really frail. Doesn't concern me that much tho. Reggie Miller was also skinny but one of the greatest shooters ever
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

Wow Ingram looks really frail. Doesn't concern me that much tho. Reggie Miller was also skinny but one of the greatest shooters ever

Funny how every shat all over D'LO for not having an NBA body yet he is 4 inches shorter than Ingram and weights the same weight.

Ingram is scary skinny. That will very well change over time but for now, it's a major hurdle he needs to overcome. He will be getting bullied by other SF's.

Anyway, he's as sure a Laker as possible an barring Bender coming in and crushing whatever Mitch puts him through, BI is wearing a purple and gold hat come draft night.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
15 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

Funny how every shat all over D'LO for not having an NBA body yet he is 4 inches shorter than Ingram and weights the same weight.

Ingram is scary skinny. That will very well change over time but for now, it's a major hurdle he needs to overcome. He will be getting bullied by other SF's.

Anyway, he's as sure a Laker as possible an barring Bender coming in and crushing whatever Mitch puts him through, BI is wearing a purple and gold hat come draft night.

Yep. I wouldn't mind putting BI as a SG instead of SF.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 755 of 1140
Jump to: