OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Simmons could play Draymond green role if we get him. His passing is way better.

I'd probably go whiteside/simmons/kd/derozan/dlo

Just probably, huh?

Lol yea. Probably go luke walton as hc too

I know the feels, so many options this is just one iteration. I would probably be ok with this as well if it happened. But lets wait and see what else we can get.

So many options, very little chance that either Whiteside, DeRozan or Durant come here. I could see Luke Walton be the head coach though.
gorila
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

If Randle and Simmons can't play together then trade randle obviously, from what I've seen his iq is miles ahead of randles
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I wanna see simmons randle tandem as a frontcourt. There's probably only a handful of centers who would legitimately make simmons pay at the 5. Cousins, dwight (maybe)....I think that's it? Porzingis? Strong bully post game is a lost art.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Honestly I wanna see simmons randle tandem as a frontcourt. There's probably only a handful of centers who would legitimately make simmons pay at the 5. Cousins, dwight (maybe)....I think that's it? Porzingis? Strong bully post game is a lost art.

You could probably put Randle on those guys. He's not a shot blocker, but he's strong as a bull and has great feet. He should be able to guard the post pretty well once he gets more experience. Besides, I think Simmons is a better help defender than a man defender at this point and vice versa for Randle.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

So if we lose the pick this year does that mean Orlando gets our top 5 lotto protected pick also?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

If Randle can develop a consistent 3point shot at a 33-35% clip, Simmons/Randle could work.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If Randle can develop a consistent 3point shot at a 33-35% clip, Simmons/Randle could work.

If Serge Ibaka can do it, so can both Randle and Simmons if they put in the time.

http://hoopshabit.com/2016/01/19/serge-ibakas-offensive-transformation/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

If Serge Ibaka can do it, so can both Randle and Simmons if they put in the time.

I agree! I think it's all about the shooting coach!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
So if we lose the pick this year does that mean Orlando gets our top 5 lotto protected pick also?

Scenario:

LA pick falls out of the Top 3 in the upcoming Lottery Drawing and the pick goes to Philly.

Thus the obligation to Philly is fulfilled and the clock starts on the obligation to Orlando.

Lakers will retain their 2017 pick due to the Ted Stepien Rule.

87. How are draft picks handled in trades? What is the Ted Stepien rule?

Quote:
If a team trades two future first round picks and the first pick is protected, then the first pick would be conveyed in the first draft in which it is not a protected pick (as described above), and the second pick would be conveyed in the first allowable draft (per the Stepien rule) in which that pick is not protected (i.e., two years after the first pick).

The pick obligation to Orlando:

Future Traded Pick Details

Quote:
2018 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Ben Simmons
@BenSimmons25

Kobe!!! 1h

Hmmm
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ben Simmons ‏@BenSimmons25 10h10 hours ago
Big homie is in town @Dloading 💯

Quote:

D'Angelo Russell ‏@Dloading 10h10 hours ago
@BenSimmons25 👊🏾👊🏾
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBZQHyJhYvv/

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And we have a very good one.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And we have a very good one.

Crazy that Randle, Russell, and (if we get him) Simmons are all lefty shooters who would be learning from another lefty in Tracy Murray.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBZQHyJhYvv/

I see you and I raise

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2uMmpBYoK/?taken-by=bensimmons25
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

After reading that Simmons and Russell were teammates in high school, it all made a lot of sense all of a sudden. Scott is not mismanaging the youngsters and the team in general due to incompetence but is following the FO 's plan. It might just be that the Lakers have already scouted Simmons enough to have come to the conclusion that he is a unique talent that would fit in perfectly alongside Russell (and the other young guys for that matter).

I very much like the concept of tanking for a glorious team like the Lakers, but after what has been done to the Lakers by Stern, I just can understand that they want to get some payback soon.

Still, I would prefer them trying to win 30 games this year. Maybe Simmons can do a Kobe on draft night and still fall in our lap.
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

nolookpass wrote:
After reading that Simmons and Russell were teammates in high school, it all made a lot of sense all of a sudden. Scott is not mismanaging the youngsters and the team in general due to incompetence but is following the FO 's plan. It might just be that the Lakers have already scouted Simmons enough to have come to the conclusion that he is a unique talent that would fit in perfectly alongside Russell (and the other young guys for that matter).

I very much like the concept of tanking for a glorious team like the Lakers, but after what has been done to the Lakers by Stern, I just can understand that they want to get some payback soon.

Still, I would prefer them trying to win 30 games this year. Maybe Simmons can do a Kobe on draft night and still fall in our lap.

Sorry guys, in the next to last paragraph it is supposed to say I very much dislike the concept of tanking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject:

nolookpass wrote:
nolookpass wrote:

Sorry guys, in the next to last paragraph it is supposed to say I very much dislike the concept of tanking.

You can't be serious about this. So was it Scott's plan to be a terrible coach on the Cavs too, so that he would join the Los Angeles Tankers and that he'd purposely hold back his coaching acumen so the Tankers could have at best, a 60% ish shot at getting Simmons?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Hoping to have a 50% chance at your pick is no plan
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Sorry and no disrespect, but Simmons will never be in the Green role. Green is one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league. He can do anything on the offensive end. He can rebound and assist. He is a superstar.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

^ lol! Superstar? No. Not even close. Solid to great role player though.

Simmons will be tasked with carrying a team, Green's not THAT good to be asked to do that. Simmons in his prime if he reaches his potential would be the kind of guy Draymond hates having to defend, not the other way around.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Ben Simmons Brother at the prospect of his brother being a Laker: "I Think he'll enjoy that."

"He's going to be happy and appreciative of anywhere he goes," Liam Simmons said. "The Lakers franchise is a juggernaut. Along with that comes the responsibility of carrying the franchise's name and the legends before him. I think he'll enjoy that"

Can Ben Simmons do that?

"That's up to the coaching staff and franchise," Liam Simmons said. "He'll be as prepared as he can be as an individual."
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/2/5/10921474/la-lakers-ben-simmons-nba-draft-2016

Ben in his Lakers jersey at the game https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaatO54UcAABDjf.jpg

Last edited by MJST on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ben Simmons Brother at the prospect of his son being a Laker: "I Think he'll enjoy that."

"He's going to be happy and appreciative of anywhere he goes," Liam Simmons said. "The Lakers franchise is a juggernaut. Along with that comes the responsibility of carrying the franchise's name and the legends before him. I think he'll enjoy that"

Can Ben Simmons do that?

"That's up to the coaching staff and franchise," Liam Simmons said. "He'll be as prepared as he can be as an individual."
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/2/5/10921474/la-lakers-ben-simmons-nba-draft-2016

Ben in his Lakers jersey at the game https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaatO54UcAABDjf.jpg

Simmons is his brothers son?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

fixed it lol
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 172 of 1140
Jump to: