What happened to Luke?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: What happened to Luke?

Luke used to show good bball IQ, make great passes, provide some spark, grab rebounds, hustle, and make the open shot.

Now he is the biggest turd I have ever seen don the purple and gold.

I used to really like him.

If I saw him in the street now, I would punch him as hard as I could. For real. That is how angry he makes me.

What the hell happened to him? It';s like he has been hanging out too much with kwame and his awful play has rubbed off.

Wow does this team suck. Especially Luke.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:

When you have crappy people to pass the ball to, what good does it do? He was most succesful when he had players who he could actually pass it to.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Walton's a role player off the bench that's expected to score for a team.

That's the problem. Walton is someone that can not be relied upon as a scorer. They need to stop asking him to score.

Just do what he is good at. Bring the ball, initiate or set up Kobe right away. That's it.

One thing Luke can still do is make an entry pass to Kobe. Just stick to that and don't let him play friggan 20+ minutes a game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vism
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Blame the coach for playing this scrub....

Looks like knowing the precious triangle takes precedent over having any basketball skills or making untimely turnovers like Puke is accustomed to doing.
expertla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Walton's a role player off the bench that's expected to score for a team.

That's the problem. Walton is someone that can not be relied upon as a scorer. They need to stop asking him to score.

Just do what he is good at. Bring the ball, initiate or set up Kobe right away. That's it.

One thing Luke can still do is make an entry pass to Kobe. Just stick to that and don't let him play friggan 20+ minutes a game.

Yeah, but he couldn't even do that tonight. He made some terrible decisions tonight. He went away from an open Kobe tonight on more than one occasion. Dumb, stupid, idiotic basketball. Luke really needs to be careful. Outside of passing, he doesn't have anything else to fall back on.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Luke?

msb212 wrote:
Luke used to show good bball IQ, make great passes, provide some spark, grab rebounds, hustle, and make the open shot.

If I saw him in the street now, I would punch him as hard as I could. For real. That is how angry he makes me.

What the hell happened to him? It';s like he has been hanging out too much with kwame and his awful play has rubbed off.

Well, that's the million dollar question, isn''t it? What happened to Luke Walton? I have no idea myself, but I shear your sentiments. Luke is nothing but a liability out on the court now. He can't guard anybody, and he throws up nothing but bricks. He's completely and utterly useless at the moment. My frustration with him is second only to that with Lamar.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yeah, but he couldn't even do that tonight. He made some terrible decisions tonight. He went away from an open Kobe tonight on more than one occasion. Dumb, stupid, idiotic basketball. Luke really needs to be careful. Outside of passing, he doesn't have anything else to fall back on

That's exactly my point

He's forgotten why we loved him as a rookie. He came in and just gave the ball to Shaq, Kobe or an open shooter.

Now the guys tries to create plays thinking he's playing with same calibar players.

On this type of team - he needs to keep it simple. Bring the ball up and initiate. Preferbly make the pass to Kobe.

Why they have him driving and trying to be more than that is beyond me.

He needs to understand why he made it as a rookie and what his limits are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Luke is the same terrible player he always was. He had 1 good playoff game and some good games sprinkled during his career. He has no shot, no athleticsm and guys like Kenny Thomas abuse him in the post. I like when Bill Walton does commentary for the Lakers simply because he's pretty truthful when it comes to his son's play. There are several players on the Lakers who have no business in the NBA and would never get off the bench for any non-expansion team.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I hated the pick, as I felt there had to be someone somewhere in Europe worth waiting for. I watched enough Luke Walton in college games to know that he what you see is what you get... Come on, think about his parentage: Did you honestly think Luke never had someone work on his shot until now? Or that he wasn't coached? Like Mark Madsen, we got a "safe pick" who could make our bench, but never show any upside as a player.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Arsenal wrote:
Luke is the same terrible player he always was. He had 1 good playoff game and some good games sprinkled during his career. He has no shot, no athleticsm and guys like Kenny Thomas abuse him in the post. I like when Bill Walton does commentary for the Lakers simply because he's pretty truthful when it comes to his son's play. There are several players on the Lakers who have no business in the NBA and would never get off the bench for any non-expansion team.

I can't say I disagree with the bolded comment above. You take away Kobe from this team and what you have is a team that wouldn't even compete with the Atlanta Hawks. It's amazing that we're even in the playoff picture at this point.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

His biggest talent is passing but when there are no shooters on the team, he's going to look bad. Why was he re-signed again? :roll:
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Luke?

msb212 wrote:

Would you say he's a bigger "turd" than Samaki Walker?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
His biggest talent is passing but when there are no shooters on the team, he's going to look bad. Why was he re-signed again? :roll:

Passing? Have you seen some of those god #@!$ passes he throws up lately? Every game he puts up one or two really stupid passes and ends up turning the ball over. The guy can't defend, and can't hit the side of the barn. But Bynum sits on the bench while Phil insists on playing this piece of crap. We traded Jumaine Jones away but kept Walton, who the heck needs someone who can stroke the ball from outside and rebound?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Arsenal wrote:

Bingo! We have a winner.

Walton has never been good, it is time for the Luke Walton experiment to end or at least for the legacy to move on to some other fraternity (team) for a while.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

This was PJ's decision. But I never understood how knowing full well that he will be left open for wide open jumpshots he hasn't become better at it. Actually that goes for the whole team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: