--- Mavericks @ Lakers - 11/1 2015 - 6.30 PM PT - GAMETHREAD ---
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

1Q, Randle is really a beast. But Lakers rely too much on his personal ability. No system play. No team spirit from their eyes. No communication at all.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

For 2nd unit, Lakers may consider to replace Kelly by Nance. He is a better defender and help defender and could give some alley-oop.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject:

Just watched the game. There's so many things wrong I don't even know where to start.
- The second unit. Byron MUST give up on that Kelly - Bass experiment. Kelly has to leave. Just put Black out there. Kelly isn't playing well. That time when Clarkson does the PG job is hurting the team as well.

- Kobe. I feel bad for him. He's doing his game but things aren't not working. He needs to retire, though it will be a sad day for us all. He should had retired when the achilles happened.
I would like to see less 3 pointers. It's not working. Just work from the post and use the footwork.

- Russell is a slow starter, he just realizes he has to play by the third quarter. He needs to pick up since the start. I thought he would be a better shooter. He needs to work on his shoot. Also infiltrate more when the shot isn't falling. Go to the rim and draw some fouls. DLO is getting too little plays with the ball in his hands, I want to see him commanding the actions. His defense is terrible.

- Offense still is ISO heavy, defense still terrible. Guys switch when they shouldn't and sometimes losing their man. Transition defense still bad (although we had some nice blocks on transition, so it's improving)

- Randle played very well, I think it was already said. Clarkson had bad numbers but I don't think he played bad, just his shots weren't falling, should had attacked the rim.

PS: We had a bad game and were still in the game. That just tells me this Dallas team won't go anywhere. This Dirk guy can play though.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

Russell is still lost. And Kobe and Hibbert are both still lack of low body strength though
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

3Q, I saw fire from Russell's eyes when he hit consecutive 3s. Too many ball dominant players. Really need players can play off the ball and cut.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

Hibbert losses weight but losses strength either. He has to regain his strength and identity.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

Just waiting for one of these games that is a back-to-back that Kobe doesn't play, so I can see how the young guys play without him hogging the ball and taking 1 million 3s
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Hibbert losses weight but losses strength either. He has to regain his strength and identity.

Hibbert hitting the floor needs to be made into a drinking game. I've never seen a big fall as much as him.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

People need to quit on the "father time is unbeatable" when referring to Kobe. I do NOT think that is the issue at all. It's Kobe trying to do too much. There is NO need for him to take more than 4 3s a game. I mean in 3 games he has taken 29, making only 6!!! WTF is that? Kobe needs to play smart. Look at Duncan, Dirk and Pierce, they realize who they are now, and pick their sweet spots. Kobe is the only one still trying to prove he is lethal!!!! I's upsetting as a fan of the game. He would be so much better just picking his spots. I don't know whether he needs to go back to SG, but this experiment is NOT working.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
People need to quit on the "father time is unbeatable" when referring to Kobe. I do NOT think that is the issue at all. It's Kobe trying to do too much. There is NO need for him to take more than 4 3s a game. I mean in 3 games he has taken 29, making only 6!!! what the heck is that? Kobe needs to play smart. Look at Duncan, Dirk and Pierce, they realize who they are now, and pick their sweet spots. Kobe is the only one still trying to prove he is lethal!!!! I's upsetting as a fan of the game. He would be so much better just picking his spots. I don't know whether he needs to go back to SG, but this experiment is NOT working.

2 of those guys are 7ft and shoot over people. The other stuggled big time as a Net when he didnt have guys who could get him good looks, but suddenly came to life when John Wall came into his life the next year. The thing is JC and Russ even if you put them in a 2 on 1 game aren't better than Wall
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject:

The team is lacking chemistry at the moment when they play. Defensively they are struggling really bad, they aren't putting pressure on the opposition when they have the ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78
Page 78 of 78
Jump to: