OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD

This thread is for discussions about the Lakers front office.

Last edited by 32 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

Hiring Scott wasn't Mitch or Jim's idea, just saying. And Kobe's contract has little bearing on how this season is going, despite being a beacon out there for fans to rail against.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

Jeannie hired Byron Scott. She makes the basketball decisions.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD

32 wrote:
If you don't like Byron Scott then blame the front office for hiring him.

Glad someone with more LG cred than myself is saying this.
You can't have one without the other.
If you think Scott is unqualified for our head coaching position, that means our FO made a mistake hiring him.
If we have to hire a 4th coach in 6 years, that means we have a problem...upstairs.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD

kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:

If you think Scott is unqualified for our head coaching position, that means our FO made a mistake hiring him.
If we have to hire a 4th coach in 6 years, that means we have a problem...upstairs.

Yep. They can all share the blame for this disaster. Every single one of them; they can also share the blame for M. Brown. and M. D'Antoni. Now, we're sitting with Byron getting blown out in games by teams who might not even make the PO's this year.

It'll be interesting to see how long they put up with this mess they created...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

I blame the front office for not trading some of these chuckers for guys who pass, cut, defend, set screens, rebound, hit open shots. I also blame the front office and coaching for not benching Kobe. You want to win some games and develop some chemistry or do you want to sacrifice another year for his ego?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

The only way Scott saves his job this year is if he puts Kobe in a 6th man role, which will show all parties he's not blind to the weaknesses of the team. Let Randle/DLO/Clarkson learn the hard way and let Kobe go up against 2nd line units instead of the top line defenders (Kahwai for example is coming up).

I doubt he does it. Will blame the young players and so on.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Where did you get that?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Jim Buss and Mitch hired Byron. they were the ones that interviewed him 232342300 times. took alot of convincing i guess
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Where did you get that?

From this board. Jeannie was the person who chose Byron to be the coach right. Sounds like a basketball decision to me.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Jim Buss and Mitch hired Byron. they were the ones that interviewed him 232342300 times. took alot of convincing i guess

Why would the general manager have any say in a coaching hire?
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:

Yep. They can all share the blame for this disaster. Every single one of them; they can also share the blame for M. Brown. and M. D'Antoni. Now, we're sitting with Byron getting blown out in games by teams who might not even make the PO's this year.

It'll be interesting to see how long they put up with this mess they created...

Not Mitch, I know he wanted Adelman. Ultimately its rests on Jimbo since he's the "head" of basketball operations and his stupid hiring and firing has lead to some lotto coach leading a franchise that use to be winners. Can't build a roster with no long term view other than hiring a bunch of mercenaries every year "hoping" to land a big name FA. Its borderline fantasy at this stage
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Yeah according to some blind Jim/Mitch defenders on here all the bad basketball decisions have been made by Jeanie not the actual GM or Basketball operations manager
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

How come Jeanie never gets criticism in the media and even on various Laker boards?

It's always Jim getting (bleep) on
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
How come Jeanie never gets criticism in the media and even on various Laker boards?

Because Jeanie runs the business side of the franchise. The problem with the team hasn't been making $$$ it's been winning games. That falls directly on Jim and Mitch.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Yeah according to some blind Jim/Mitch defenders on here all the bad basketball decisions have been made by Jeanie not the actual GM or Basketball operations manager

There are actually people here who know those things. You would be wise to listen, but I realize that is asking too much.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

U obviously haven't been paying attention to what transpired toward the end of MDA days. Jeannie and magic went on a campaign for getting rid of MDA the entire 2013-2014 season. The fact Jim and Mitch interviewed Scott 3 times when he was the only candidate also spoke volume, clearly he was not their choice, but Jeannie buss who handles the business side only cares about public perception, she wants a familiar face with laker tie as the next coach and Scott was the obvious choice
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

There are actually people here who know those things. You would be wise to listen, but I realize that is asking too much.

Show me evidence that these people know things. Anyone on the internet can claim anything but how about some actual proof. According to Jim and Jeanie their positions are split with Jim being in charge of basketball and Jeanie in charge of business.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

Management, consisting of Jeanie, Jim and Mitch as the department heads have has failed this franchise since 2010. Kobe's horrible contract was the icing on the cake. What good move have them done since the Pau trade? NONE! Randle could be their best move since but honestly he fell into their laps at #7
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

Because she is a woman and most perceive that she is not part of the decision making process. Even when she comes out and says that she approves all decisions, people ignore it. It was Jeannie who wanted a Showtime-friendly head coach to calm the waters after the last couple of seasons. It was Jeannie who wanted to extend Kobe (and I have no problem with that) and would do so again. Despite Mitch and Jim putting off hiring Byron with interview after interview hoping that another candidate would come forward, they made the Showtime-friendly hire. And that seemed to be a good strategy PR wise, there has been silence from some of the most recent detractors. Though things haven't changed on the court.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

U obviously haven't been paying attention to what transpired toward the end of MDA days. Jeannie and magic went on a campaign for getting rid of MDA the entire 2013-2014 season. The fact Jim and Mitch interviewed Scott 3 times when he was the only candidate also spoke volume, clearly he was not their choice, but Jeannie buss who handles the business side only cares about public perception, she wants a familiar face with laker tie as the next coach and Scott was the obvious choice

Evidence for this theory? You're going off of what certain LG members have said on here because those people shills for Jim
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Show me evidence that these people know things. Anyone on the internet can claim anything but how about some actual proof. According to Jim and Jeanie their positions are split with Jim being in charge of basketball and Jeanie in charge of business.

People have posted things here that came to pass, you just need to pay attention. And Jeannie has been quite clear that she is in charge, not Jim. Again, you just need to pay attention.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

People have posted things here that came to pass, you just need to pay attention. And Jeannie has been quite clear that she is in charge, not Jim. Again, you just need to pay attention.

Again you have provided nothing. No evidence at all. There have been a couple posters here on LG that have said things before it happened(RIP Luca) but none of them are the ones defending Jim Buss hard and heavy in every thread about the FO.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Where did you get that?

Jeanie handles marketing and promotion. Jim Buss hires the coaches, along with input from Mitch Kupchak.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Evidence for this theory? You're going off of what certain LG members have said on here because those people shills for Jim

You're entitled to your opinions, but when you start getting to the "people who say things that disagree with me are shills for Jim", you're getting across a line you don't want to be across...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21
Jump to: