OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Just change the coach and the team will be fine.

What makes you think that the next coach will be a great hire.

So far they will be 0-3.

Pretty much this.

I have faith in the talent acquisitions thus far but coaching hires have been abysmal and, as we're witnessing now, that's a very big deal.

This team may not be constructed of world beaters but even with the lack of experience and while struggling to create chemistry, this team with a better coach could actually be 3 - 1 right now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak is like a kid who builds a beautiful sand castle and then watches as other kids run over it
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Mitch Kupchak is like a kid who builds a beautiful sand castle and then watches as other kids run over it

Mitch Kupchak's eternal face, post Phil.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
botox wrote:
Byron's hire was bad. Personnel decisions have been worse. There's not a coach in the world that can win with this roster. Draft decisions were suspect and free agency was a debacle.

Woohoo! Panthers win!

There were some decent bigs in this draft and we didn't get one. Chasing Aldridge and missing out on some good young athletes that would've helped our defense was malpractice. Our lack of foot speed and overall athleticism is what is killing us. We didn't address that. We just added more slow undersized players, not counting Hibbert, who is playing with heart and I've come to like, but slow and lumbering.

Get me some athletes!

I really don't think the coaching move was a bad one. No coach can coach this team any better.....None of these players....None are defensive mindedl players......they don't think of it first......What do you want from Byron....a miracle. The Last five years, we keep saying the same thing...its the coach....No its not....Start at the top. Head of Basketball operations....change that first....It might not be head of basketball operations but every team would start there first after all this time. You fire the management.....you don't keep making the same mistake. I know jim is an owner but the problem is he has a roll and he has a superior which is Jeanie......Stop living in Jerry Buss Shadow and become the head of this organization. Im blaming both of them now. Get someone qualified in the basketball operations job and a new gm that is current in todays basketball and not the past......Then Jeanie and Jim head the ownership of this organization and stop pretending they are jerry buss. Jim must be told he is not Jerry West and will never be....Let it go....he is destroying this organization.

I think you're agreeing with me for the most part. I'm not a part of the Mitch Kupchak fan club. You can only bask in the light of the Pau Gasol trade for so long. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

Byron, IMO, was a bad hire. He was hired after D'Antoni, who was hammered in the media by Magic and other Showtimers. So who do you hire? Another Showtimer, regardless of whether he was the best man for the job. He was hired more for his Laker pedigree than his coaching pedigree. And that was a bad decision. Lakers were bullied into that hire.
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

JIM BUSS IT IS TIME TO GRACIOUSLY STEP DOWN. DEFINITELY YOU ARE NOT THE CHOSEN ONE.

You tried a few times rebuilding this franchise but an Omen just follows you, break your plans and bring us more bad results.

From Chris Paul to Lamar/Pau, Dwight mare, to multiple Free agents not signing with us and now possibly Russell instead of Okafor then Coaching circus from Brown to D'antoni(instead of Phil), then Byron(next to go)... When will this ever end???

All we need is Order and normalcy in Lakerland. If you cant make this team win for a number of years now, why prolong it longer?

It hurts to see once a proud franchise, my Lakers to play like a Dleaguer.

Lets give Jennie a shot for heaven sakes!!
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

botox wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
botox wrote:
Byron's hire was bad. Personnel decisions have been worse. There's not a coach in the world that can win with this roster. Draft decisions were suspect and free agency was a debacle.

Woohoo! Panthers win!

There were some decent bigs in this draft and we didn't get one. Chasing Aldridge and missing out on some good young athletes that would've helped our defense was malpractice. Our lack of foot speed and overall athleticism is what is killing us. We didn't address that. We just added more slow undersized players, not counting Hibbert, who is playing with heart and I've come to like, but slow and lumbering.

Get me some athletes!

I really don't think the coaching move was a bad one. No coach can coach this team any better.....None of these players....None are defensive mindedl players......they don't think of it first......What do you want from Byron....a miracle. The Last five years, we keep saying the same thing...its the coach....No its not....Start at the top. Head of Basketball operations....change that first....It might not be head of basketball operations but every team would start there first after all this time. You fire the management.....you don't keep making the same mistake. I know jim is an owner but the problem is he has a roll and he has a superior which is Jeanie......Stop living in Jerry Buss Shadow and become the head of this organization. Im blaming both of them now. Get someone qualified in the basketball operations job and a new gm that is current in todays basketball and not the past......Then Jeanie and Jim head the ownership of this organization and stop pretending they are jerry buss. Jim must be told he is not Jerry West and will never be....Let it go....he is destroying this organization.

I think you're agreeing with me for the most part. I'm not a part of the Mitch Kupchak fan club. You can only bask in the light of the Pau Gasol trade for so long. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

Byron, IMO, was a bad hire. He was hired after D'Antoni, who was hammered in the media by Magic and other Showtimers. So who do you hire? Another Showtimer, regardless of whether he was the best man for the job. He was hired more for his Laker pedigree than his coaching pedigree. And that was a bad decision. Lakers were bullied into that hire.

agree 100%......he was hired to shield mitch and jim
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
JIM BUSS IT IS TIME TO GRACIOUSLY STEP DOWN. DEFINITELY YOU ARE NOT THE CHOSEN ONE.

You tried a few times rebuilding this franchise but an Omen just follows you, break your plans and bring us more bad results.

From Chris Paul to Lamar/Pau, Dwight mare, to multiple Free agents not signing with us and now possibly Russell instead of Okafor then Coaching circus from Brown to D'antoni(instead of Phil), then Byron(next to go)... When will this ever end???

All we need is Order and normalcy in Lakerland. If you cant make this team win for a number of years now, why prolong it longer?

amen! preach!!!!.........anyone else in this job making this many mistakes would have been gone. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We all see who the problem is. The problem is he thinks he is good at his job and we cant do anything about it. He is an owner. I was excited when jim buss first came on because I knew he like to spend money. This would have been great 5-10 yrs ago. What jim is not looking at was that along with his father who like to spend money.....he had a great talent finder in jerry west. That has never been mitch kupchek. jim and mitch, 10 yrs ago with our brand might have worked.....NOT TODAY! we can ignore the future and keep selling hula hoops or get to the future and sell the newest toys. im sorry I keep going on and on about jim....I just cant believe everyone wants to blame everyone else except where the problem is.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!

AGREED!!
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!

AGREED!!

We did that like 10 times already right?

Lets say change the coach one more time and Jimbo has to take over the Sparks
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

amen! preach!!!!.........anyone else in this job making this many mistakes would have been gone. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We all see who the problem is. The problem is he thinks he is good at his job and we cant do anything about it. He is an owner. I was excited when jim buss first came on because I knew he like to spend money. This would have been great 5-10 yrs ago. What jim is not looking at was that along with his father who like to spend money.....he had a great talent finder in jerry west. That has never been mitch kupchek. jim and mitch, 10 yrs ago with our brand might have worked.....NOT TODAY! we can ignore the future and keep selling hula hoops or get to the future and sell the newest toys. im sorry I keep going on and on about jim....I just cant believe everyone wants to blame everyone else except where the problem is.

His job is being an owner. Repeat again, his job is being an owner. Owners do not get fired. God, some of you are so dense that even when you are corrected over and over you don't learn anything.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!

AGREED!!

We did that like 10 times already right?

Lets say change the coach one more time and Jimbo has to take over the Sparks

Yeah, we replaced Dunleavy with Pfund, then Pfund with Rambis, but they couldn't stop the death of the Lakers.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

His job is being an owner. Repeat again, his job is being an owner. Owners do not get fired. God, some of you are so dense that even when you are corrected over and over you don't learn anything.

first of all im not dense!!!!!. you always get personal. you can talk...but watch your tone....ive told you that before. Jerry Buss was an owner....he answered to no one. Jim Buss has other bosses he has to answer to....his brothers and sisters. Not the same thing. He does not oversee the organization, he runs it day to day. That's why he is a partial owner who is bad and bad at his job of head of basketball operations. Those other brothers and sisters can remove him from his job......
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject:

there's more to be done than simply changing the coach
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
there's more to be done than simply changing the coach

I agree, but it would move us away from 'joke of the league' status towards 'young up and coming team' status without requiring the other stuff to be done.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
laker4life wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

What makes you think that the next coach will be a great hire.

So far they will be 0-3.

Pretty much this.

I have faith in the talent acquisitions thus far but coaching hires have been abysmal and, as we're witnessing now, that's a very big deal.

This team may not be constructed of world beaters but even with the lack of experience and while struggling to create chemistry, this team with a better coach could actually be 3 - 1 right now.

they would not be 3-1 with a better coach.

Some of the record is a reflection of the talent.

Sorry.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers Rumors: Jim Buss, Mitch Kupchak To Blame For D'Angelo Russell's Woes [VIDEO]

D'Angelo Russell may end up being a very good NBA player. But on his current trajectory, he's going to endure a plethora of criticism before he gets there. And that's entirely the fault of the Lakers management.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/52315/20151117/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-jim-buss-mitch-kupchak-to-blame-for-dangelo-russells-woes-video.htm
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!

AGREED!!

Hiring a 4th coach in 6th seasons might fix things.
But there is no guarantee.
I'd rather have a roster that isnt' bottom 5-10 in the league, if we're making changes.

Cap flexibility is nice, it just won't win you many games. No matter who the coach is.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

AGREED

AGREED!

AGREED!!

Hiring a 4th coach in 6th seasons might fix things.
But there is no guarantee.
I'd rather have a roster that isnt' bottom 5-10 in the league, if we're making changes.

Cap flexibility is nice, it just won't win you many games. No matter who the coach is.

So you want us to keep this coach that schedules 2 practices a day, has his players run suicide drills after losses?

This is a coach that is very detrimental to the development of our young core...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 2015-16 Roster Doesn’t Fit Together

Quote:
Kupchak had a roster full of question marks, and it’s difficult (if not impossible) to plug holes when you don’t have any idea where the leak will come from. That’s why it shouldn’t be surprising that now, nearly a month into the 2015-2016 NBA season, the roster he assembled isn’t quite fitting together.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-2015-16-roster-doesnt-fit-together-poor-start/2015/11/24/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

We know why it doesn't fit together.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I was okay with us tanking the last 2 years because we had to. This year i wanted respectability and to be competitive. I have lost faith in the organization now, keeping Byron to me is the franchise just having a loser mentality.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

The Buss children are not capable of running this organization on their own. Time to bring in some professionals to run the team.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

Apparently it's ok for you to lash out at other posters, but you should really get out more (90k posts, and most of them are snarky replies). Anyone else would've been banned for half the crap you get away with. Hell, I'll probably get banned just for calling you out on it. Seriously, go outside or something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21
Jump to: