OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:
JIM BUSS IT IS TIME TO GRACIOUSLY STEP DOWN. DEFINITELY YOU ARE NOT THE CHOSEN ONE.

You tried a few times rebuilding this franchise but an Omen just follows you, break your plans and bring us more bad results.

From Chris Paul to Lamar/Pau, Dwight mare, to multiple Free agents not signing with us and now possibly Russell instead of Okafor then Coaching circus from Brown to D'antoni(instead of Phil), then Byron(next to go)... When will this ever end???

All we need is Order and normalcy in Lakerland. If you cant make this team win for a number of years now, why prolong it longer?

It hurts to see once a proud franchise, my Lakers to play like a Dleaguer.

Lets give Jennie a shot for heaven sakes!!

amen! preach!!!!.........anyone else in this job making this many mistakes would have been gone. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We all see who the problem is. The problem is he thinks he is good at his job and we cant do anything about it. He is an owner. I was excited when jim buss first came on because I knew he like to spend money. This would have been great 5-10 yrs ago. What jim is not looking at was that along with his father who like to spend money.....he had a great talent finder in jerry west. That has never been mitch kupchek. jim and mitch, 10 yrs ago with our brand might have worked.....NOT TODAY! we can ignore the future and keep selling hula hoops or get to the future and sell the newest toys. im sorry I keep going on and on about jim....I just cant believe everyone wants to blame everyone else except where the problem is.

His job is being an owner. Repeat again, his job is being an owner. Owners do not get fired. God, some of you are so dense that even when you are corrected over and over you don't learn anything.

Apparently it's ok for you to lash out at other posters, but you should really get out more (90k posts, and most of them are snarky replies). Anyone else would've been banned for half the crap you get away with. Hell, I'll probably get banned just for calling you out on it. Seriously, go outside or something.

Agreed!
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

I wonder what's the mood and tension is in the front office right now.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

Kupchak needs to go, we need fresh blood. Dude has struck out on every single major free agent, lost Pau for nothing, lost Dwight for nothing, a silly waste of a #2 pick, handed Kobe an absurd contract extension BEFORE even seeing how he would perform post-Achilles surgery, two straight coaching hires were failures with Byron being quite literally having the two worst seasons in Laker history. All within the last few years.

Obviously Byron will be fired after this season most likely, but Kupchak should go as well.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:

I think that they are fine.

Because as Jim Buss professed to all laker fans just last month.

Quote:
We are in "dynamite" position. Not a good position. DYNAMITE!!!!.

We also have "turn the corner".

I really like Jim's choice of words.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Kupchak needs to go, we need fresh blood. Dude has struck out on every single major free agent, lost Pau for nothing, lost Dwight for nothing, a silly waste of a #2 pick, handed Kobe an absurd contract extension BEFORE even seeing how he would perform post-Achilles surgery, two straight coaching hires were failures with Byron being quite literally having the two worst seasons in Laker history. All within the last few years.

Obviously Byron will be fired after this season most likely, but Kupchak should go as well.

I am fine with Kupchak going but you better make sure you get someone good to replace him.

Kupchak has done some respectable things for this franchise.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Quote:

LMAO is this true
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
laker4life wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Quote:

LMAO is this true

Like I said one month ago, he professed to all laker fans.

Laker boss Jim Buss is happy his team has 'turned the corner'

By Kelly Dwyer
October 20, 2015 5:17 PM

“I think we’ve done a great job (rebuilding). Yeah, I think we’re in dynamite position. Not good position – dynamite"

"I think we’ve turned the corner. I don’t know if you discount that terminology, ‘turn the corner.’ "

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/laker-boss-jim-buss-is-happy-his-team-has--turned-the-corner-211707125.html
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject:

Yeah, the dynamite position for sure. If freaking ISIS planted the dynamite and blew up the franchise then sure we are. We're in absolute shambles!
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Yeah, the dynamite position for sure. If freaking ISIS planted the dynamite and blew up the franchise then sure we are. We're in absolute shambles!

Can't even evaluate his own roster. Frustrating.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

If he were truly responsible for all that you posted then you might have something. But he hasn't been. What turned LMA off? The business presentation and the lack of basketball talk. Do you really think that Mitch was responsible for that? Who signed Kobe? If you believe Jeannie, it was the Buss children who voted to do that, and Mitch is not a Buss child. Mitch was responsible for the #2 pick and did a great job with that. Who wanted Byron hired? Mitch and Jim who took months looking for every excuse they could not to hire him? No, Jeannie again.

As for now, Kobe has been subtle about the dysfunction around the team a couple of times in the last week. I doubt that is lost on the FO, I am curious to what their response will be. If it is Mitch's say I think Byron would be gone tomorrow, but it is doubtful that a decision like that would be enacted on. I think that the idea of firing someone from Showtime mid-season is too much for some in management to follow through on. The fear of backlash is greater than the immediate health of the team.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

Sure, if one lacks vision.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
laker4life wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Quote:

LMAO is this true

By Kelly Dwyer

“I think we’ve done a great job (rebuilding). Yeah, I think we’re in dynamite position. Not good position – dynamite"

"I think we’ve turned the corner. I don’t know if you discount that terminology, ‘turn the corner.’ "

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/laker-boss-jim-buss-is-happy-his-team-has--turned-the-corner-211707125.html

Is it too late to do a DNA Test on Jimbo? C'mon Maury, Laker fans want to know...IS DR BUSS THE FATHER?!?!
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Given his coaching hires we know for sure that Jimbo the dumbass does.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:

If he were truly responsible for all that you posted then you might have something. But he hasn't been. What turned LMA off? The business presentation and the lack of basketball talk. Do you really think that Mitch was responsible for that? Who signed Kobe? If you believe Jeannie, it was the Buss children who voted to do that, and Mitch is not a Buss child. Mitch was responsible for the #2 pick and did a great job with that. Who wanted Byron hired? Mitch and Jim who took months looking for every excuse they could not to hire him? No, Jeannie again.

As for now, Kobe has been subtle about the dysfunction around the team a couple of times in the last week. I doubt that is lost on the FO, I am curious to what their response will be. If it is Mitch's say I think Byron would be gone tomorrow, but it is doubtful that a decision like that would be enacted on. I think that the idea of firing someone from Showtime mid-season is too much for some in management to follow through on. The fear of backlash is greater than the immediate health of the team.

I agree but not firing BS is more damaging. Just give it to one of his assistants and hire Luke or some other hot young coach in the summer. The Showtime legends have to take a step back and admit their boy Byron is a gas fire.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:

You mentioned that Jeannie wanted Scott. Who did Mitch and Jim want and why did they take so long to hire him?

I agree the backlash would be huge.

Too bad the FO is going to blame no matter what.

Dam if you do. Dam if you don't.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
laker4life wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Quote:

LMAO is this true

By Kelly Dwyer

Is it too late to do a DNA Test on Jimbo? C'mon Maury, Laker fans want to know...IS DR BUSS THE FATHER?!?!

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
laker4life wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Quote:

LMAO is this true

By Kelly Dwyer

I dont fault Jim for making those comments. Why? I thought the same. Or at least I thought "Okay, now is when we can start moving forward and form a new identity"

But i guess for a moment we forgot that Byron is the coach.

!...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:

I agree but not firing BS is more damaging. Just give it to one of his assistants and hire Luke or some other hot young coach in the summer. The Showtime legends have to take a step back and admit their boy Byron is a gas fire.

What makes you think his assisstant will be better than him?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

What we've seen the past few years is an example of putting an unqualified man in charge of an organization that used to be successful. I believe that all these injuries we've had, especially in 2012-13 when we were supposed to be contenders, is perhaps bad karma for Jim Buss running the team. He has no leadership or entrepreneurial skills or instincts. It's almost like the pilot of Air Force One letting his idiot son who has no piloting knowledge fly the plane. Eventually the plane is going to crash and our president will tragically die.

Byron Scott may not be a good coach, especially when it comes to nurturing and developing young players, but I almost feel like the team is making him look bad as much as he makes himself look bad. It doesn't seem like there has been any clear vision or plan since 2013 when rebuilding officially began.

Russell and Randle still have star potential, but we will not attract any big FAs until the FO gets their act together because for a while now they have been giving off vibes of incompetency.

Last edited by slavavov on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

The only crime though major is their head coaching path. We have good youth. They committed to analytics and they brought in decent vets
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Jerry West >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mitch Kupchak

West set Kupvhsk up with Kobe and Shaq, Phil came in and won a bunch of championships that Jimbo and Kupchak take credit for, and now they are left alone and are the worst performing executives in the NBA.

West leaves, gets good results in Memphis, works a deal with Kup to trade Marc Gasol for Pau... then leaves Memphis to go up to Golden State to help them out there.

Meanwhile, Kupchak sits down in LA and helps to drive this franchise into the ground. Mike Brown, unanimous hire, was horrible. Bernie Bickerstaff takes over and he's doing great. But Kupchak and clown rush him away for a limping, medicated Mike D'Antoni who runs our star free agent away (Dwight Howard) plays Kobe 42+ minutes until he breaks, throws every player under the bus until Pau Gasol leaves our team for half pay somewhere else... simply horrible decisions all around with nothing back in return. Another unanimous hire in Byron Scott who is a mediocre coach at best...

So, without Jerry West and Phil Jackson, Kupchak is now proven a perennial loser.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:
Jerry West >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mitch Kupchak

West set Kupvhsk up with Kobe and Shaq, Phil came in and won a bunch of championships that Jimbo and Kupchak take credit for, and now they are left alone and are the worst performing executives in the NBA.

West leaves, gets good results in Memphis, works a deal with Kup to trade Marc Gasol for Pau... then leaves Memphis to go up to Golden State to help them out there.

Meanwhile, Kupchak sits down in LA and helps to drive this franchise into the ground.

So, without Jerry West and Phil Jackson, Kupchak is simply a perennial loser.

Kupchak has been a solid GM. His strength is maneuvering around the limitations of the CBA and the salary cap. He put together not only the Gasol trade, but the Ariza, CP3, and Nash trades among others. When Ariza left in 09 Mitch instantly went after MWP.

But who is setting the vision in the front office? West is doing it up north, and Phil is doing it in NYC. We need someone doing that and coming up with ideas for the right head coach so that Mitch can execute those plans.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject:

We're in a dynamite position to get the 2016 #1 Pick.

Would love to start free agency with Randle, Russell, and Ben Simmons on board to go with Clarkson and a couple of really good free agents. Still have a Young, Lou and Nance of the bench.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Given his coaching hires we know for sure that Jimbo the dumbass does.

You don't even know who hired the coaches
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:

West leaves, gets good results in Memphis, works a deal with Kup to trade Marc Gasol for Pau..

Never happened, let's stick to facts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21
Jump to: