OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

"Bystander"
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

If they can't rid themselves of this dysfunction and put out a winning product within the next 3 years, I'd rather them sell the team to someone who'll re-invigorate the franchise.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
If they can't rid themselves of this dysfunction and put out a winning product within the next 3 years, I'd rather them sell the team to someone who'll re-invigorate the franchise.

In a few years, Jim Buss will resign for his position.

The Lakers FO will start to operate the team like their father where they will bring in a GM and President which will hopefully be able to turn this franchise around.

Only time will tell.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

So is the President the problem? We know the GM can produce title teams.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Our FO is MIA. They either don't see it or don't care. Either way they, all of them have lost all my trust and good will. Heads burried in the sand while the crap goes down....
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Our FO is MIA. They either don't see it or don't care. Either way they, all of them have lost all my trust and good will. Heads burried in the sand while the crap goes down....

Maybe that is their plan.

Instead of all of this pressure being focused on them, they rather it be on Coach Scott.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't like the way they handled Pau. I don't like the way we got D12. I don't like the way we got Nash. I don't like the way we lost Pau and D12 without anything in return. I don't like the way we let some good prospects go. I love Kobe, but don't like KFT. I don't like the last 3 hc. I don' like our lotery pick as much as other options.

Since the CP3 fiasco the bad is getting worse year after year and our record can defend any argument about it all.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't like the way they handled Pau. I don't like the way we got D12. I don't like the way we got Nash. I don't like the way we lost Pau and D12 without anything in return. I don't like the way we let some good prospects go. I love Kobe, but don't like KFT. I don't like the last 3 hc. I don' like our lotery pick as much as other options.

Since the CP3 fiasco the bad is getting worse year after year and our record can defend any argument about it all.

if nash never got injured you would have singing different tune
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was a big IF considering he was a point guard nearing 40! It was just a matter of minutes for his body to break down. Face it, we got worked like a part-time job by the Suns FO.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

It's not the team that kills me. It's the horrid rotations. I'm not sure if I can stand one more game of the Bass-Kelly line-up while Tarik Black rots on the bench. Not that they are bad players and Bass is good in his own right, but teams exploit undersized players every single time. That's the reason Tyler Hansbrough and Frank Kaminsky dominated them. That line-up is waving the white flag every single time.

Honestly, shame on the FO for allowing this. If losing 10 straight isn't the impetus for firing him, nothing will be. Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to keep Byron beyond this season. That's when my 17 years of Laker fandom ends. Enough is enough.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I have my doubts because D12 never bought the scheme, he was setting screens like Julius Randle. He was tailor made to be a p'n'r big, but wanted to dominate the post. Anyway, 3 first rounds pick is too much in current CBA, if you are over the cap you need picks as much as when you are rebuilding.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Disgusting product this front office has brought us. Nothing worse than watching our team get clowned by the Bucks while Kobe soaks in the cheers of the opposing crowd with a smile on his face. Thank you FO for this crap product. Don't quit your day job, oh wait, this is your day job. (Slow clap)
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

You mean you don't love that 6'1 170 Lou Williams signing when we already have 6'7 Nick Young?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

12-51

And a sieve defensively despite having young legs on the roster.

That will earn a bump of this thread. 12-51?
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
You mean you don't love that 6'1 170 Lou Williams signing when we already have 6'7 Nick Young?

Its terrible signings like this that make me angrier with the FO. I'm wondering how Kevin Martin will do with the Spurs before I assume players like Williams, Martin, Young are of any value. Keep them for a year but never long term
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Getting rid of Jim isn't really the problem. All the buss kids need to be on the same page and all need to take a step back and let Mitch run the show, bring his people in and give him a chance to put this thing back together. All they need to do is sign off or not on his larger decisions. Coaching selections should not be coming from them. We can see where that's taken the lakers.

It would have been hard to find a worst choice for this young team than Byron. Mda and brown were really questionable choices for those respective teams as well. It's obvious that the 'choosers' don't know what there doing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
defense wrote:

Its terrible signings like this that make me angrier with the FO. I'm wondering how Kevin Martin will do with the Spurs before I assume players like Williams, Martin, Young are of any value. Keep them for a year but never long term

Yeah, bringing in an instant offense bench role player for nothing is a horrible signing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Getting rid of Jim isn't really the problem. All the buss kids need to be on the same page and all need to take a step back and let Mitch run the show, bring his people in and give him a chance to put this thing back together. All they need to do is sign off or not on his larger decisions. Coaching selections should not be coming from them. We can see where that's taken the lakers.

It would have been hard to find a worst choice for this young team than Byron. Mda and brown were really questionable choices for those respective teams as well. It's obvious that the 'choosers' don't know what there doing.

That is what the dumbass posters who are crying to get rid of Jim do not understand, if you get rid of him you just transfer the final decision making duties to another Buss. And right or wrong, of all of them Dr. Buss thought that Jim was the most capable.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
bandiger wrote:
defense wrote:

Yeah, bringing in an instant offense bench role player for nothing is a horrible signing.

Instant offense that leads to losing and is horrible to watch or play with I guess so. Like I said prior, I'll watch how Pops treats selfish players like Martin before I consider this another useless Mitch signing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah right, Lou is the sole reason we are losing games. Breathtaking basketball analysis there.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

You need players like Lou who aren't influenced by the score, or his own minutes, or the lineup playing with him, or the opponent. You just wind him up and he goes. What a player like that needs is a coach who understands when to reel him in. Not a coach that throws him out there willy nilly just to prove a point to his #2 pick.

Lou is instant offense off the bench. And if he goes out there and throws up a stinker, pull the plug. He's a veteran and he'll understand, assuming the coach knows how to communicate *cough*.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with our FO. They managed to have 5 picks in these 2 years (2nd round pick from Wizards by cash and got Clarkson, late 1st round pick from Rockets via Lin's trade and got Nance) after the failure of another Fab 4 experiment and 60-62m cap space. With potentially another top 3 pick in coming summer which could turn out to be Simmons or Ingram, we're in very good position to be back to contention again. I really don't see any other teams can rebuild as quick as us. I hope the FO can use the cap space cautiously and not spend it all this summer. There are Westbrook, Paul George next year.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Our win against the Warriors was the biggest upset in the history of the league. Sounds like a positive but is just another indictment of how bad this team is. The FO has built a team that is breaking records every year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yeah right, Lou is the sole reason we are losing games. Breathtaking basketball analysis there.

Haha, but a veteran point guard would have been preferable.

Lou really offers no value to this team.

I liked the signing at first, I will say, but he just doesn't fit well.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to realize, maybe nobody can lead us back to the level of success Dr. Buss had. Be it Jim, Phil, Jeanie. Heck even the way GS is set up now (stacked with a young core with a bright future) probably won't get 5 chips in a decade like we did with Dr. Buss in the 80s and 00s.
I think the best chance we had at maintaining success after Dr. Buss's passing was pooling everyone's resources together. Jim, Phil, Mitch, Jeanie all sacrificing the power and recognition they each wanted for the greater good (our franchise's sustained excellence). Even if it meant all parties had a smaller role than they wanted. Better to be a smaller piece to success than a whole chunk of failure. And that's not to say, if everyone played nice and "took one for the team" we'd still be an elite NBA franchise. I'm just saying, we would've had a better chance than either the Lakers or Knicks do now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21
Jump to: