OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & P&M THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

Damn Kikanga. You are in a dark, dark place.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Damn Kikanga. You are in a dark, dark place.

LINK
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

As other FO or GM step up and accept responsibilities. No comments from Jimbo.

What is funny is Kupchak tries to take on the blame but fans understand the dynamic of this team.

Suns GM Ryan McDonough takes responsibility for state of the franchise . (Feb 2016)

Suns GM Ryan McDonough explains why the team moved on from Jeff Hornacek. McDonough discusses the reasons for promoting Earl Watson to interim head coach. The general manager also holds himself accountable for the Suns' struggles.

http://arizonasports.com/story/542729/suns-gm-ryan-mcdonough-takes-responsibility-for-state-of-the-franchise/

GM: Rockets had tough year, but still capable of deep playoffs run
(Apr 2016)

Morey said. "I think that responsibility lies with everyone and it starts with me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15106135/daryl-morey-feels-rockets-fully-capable-deep-playoffs-run

Kupchak tries to take the fall. (Dec 2015)

Kupchak, however, doesn’t believe that should be the case and told Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times that anger should be directed as him as well:

“I know people aren’t happy but that also should be directed at me. That’s the bottom line,” Kupchak said. “Everybody has to share in the blame. Whether that’s the GM, the coach or the players, it’s got to be directed somewhere.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/mitch-kupchak-lakers-fans-anger-should-also-be-directed-at-me/2015/12/08/
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

AlphaDAWG888 wrote:
Jim Buss will be the fall guy in all of this, I doubt he has much time left to turn this franchise around.

Especially when you have these quotes.

“I think we’ve done a great job (rebuilding)," said Jim Buss in an extended profile by Sam Amick. "Yeah, I think we’re in dynamite position. Not good position – dynamite."

and this one...

“We’re ahead of (the schedule), so I’m fine with it. I think we’ve turned the corner, exactly like we have (planned). Get a free agent next (summer), and then I think we compete.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239573/Jim-Buss-Lakers-In-Dynamite-Position-Ahead-Of-Schedule

What he should have said is that we will continue to struggle and hopefully get another top 3 pick.

Maybe we get a few free agents in the summer and we compete for a playoff position next year. The idea that we will compete for the Western Conference title or something is ridiculous. Look at the other teams. Jazz, Warriors, Timberwolves, Kings, Suns, etc. They have better records for a reason because they have better talent.

Russell, Clarkson and Randle are a good start but clearly not ready for the rigors of the NBA schedule and playoffs by next year.

His comments really show his ignorance.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

^^ Compete for what... another top 3 pick.. Someone tell Jim your not suppose to drink mouth wash. LOL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
As other FO or GM step up and accept responsibilities. No comments from Jimbo.

What is funny is Kupchak tries to take on the blame but fans understand the dynamic of this team.

Suns GM Ryan McDonough takes responsibility for state of the franchise . (Feb 2016)

Suns GM Ryan McDonough explains why the team moved on from Jeff Hornacek. McDonough discusses the reasons for promoting Earl Watson to interim head coach. The general manager also holds himself accountable for the Suns' struggles.

http://arizonasports.com/story/542729/suns-gm-ryan-mcdonough-takes-responsibility-for-state-of-the-franchise/

GM: Rockets had tough year, but still capable of deep playoffs run
(Apr 2016)

Morey said. "I think that responsibility lies with everyone and it starts with me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15106135/daryl-morey-feels-rockets-fully-capable-deep-playoffs-run

Kupchak tries to take the fall. (Dec 2015)

Kupchak, however, doesn’t believe that should be the case and told Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times that anger should be directed as him as well:

“I know people aren’t happy but that also should be directed at me. That’s the bottom line,” Kupchak said. “Everybody has to share in the blame. Whether that’s the GM, the coach or the players, it’s got to be directed somewhere.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/mitch-kupchak-lakers-fans-anger-should-also-be-directed-at-me/2015/12/08/

The bolded certainly isn't true. The fans make up the scenario they want, and then comment on it. The fact that it doesn't reflect reality is something they care little about.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
^^ Compete for what... another top 3 pick.. Someone tell Jim your not suppose to drink mouth wash. LOL

Corporate speak. Rarely do owners of companies say whats really on their mind to the public unless you're Donald Trump or Mark Cuban.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

SAS goes off on the Laker's FO.

It is hilarious. However, there is some truth to his comments.

There is no excuses for this team.

Also, Scott should not have been the coach.

Also, MDA should not have been the coach.

Stephen A.: Lakers this season robbed fans of their money

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15145936
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

No one robbed anyone, idiot. Laker fans willingly paid. Basketball in LA is an event beyond basketball most of the time. That's why all those pseudo-fans in Hollywood go to them, to get exposure.

The only thing fans are robbed of is your voice having to be on TV and having to change the channel and not getting news we need from the world of sports. And then having to hear you "preach" every other time you open you racist pie hole. Go away. And take that wrinkled gasbag Skip Worthless with you.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
laker4life wrote:

No one robbed anyone, idiot. Laker fans willingly paid. Basketball in LA is an event beyond basketball most of the time. That's why all those pseudo-fans in Hollywood go to them, to get exposure.

The only thing fans are robbed of is your voice having to be on TV and having to change the channel and not getting news we need from the world of sports. And then having to hear you "preach" every other time you open you racist pie hole. Go away. And take that wrinkled gasbag Skip Worthless with you.

Although you may disagree with his loud and bombastic style, there are some kernel of truth to his comments.

The Buss did not robbed the fans. However, some fans have commented on how this season has been embarrassment to the Lakers organization and is not what the Lakers are about. Is this particular fan not entitled to his opinion?

Finally, his comments about Scott is true. He is the wrong coach and has some culpability.

But he raises the question why was he hired in the first place????
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

SAS is not a Laker fan, he is an opportunist who tries to capitalize on anything that he thinks will gain him popularity. And like a fish, you took the bait. Great job.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SAS is not a Laker fan, he is an opportunist who tries to capitalize on anything that he thinks will gain him popularity. And like a fish, you took the bait. Great job.

Whether he is a Laker fan, he is still entitled to an opinion.

I do not see how SAS statement that Scott has some blame for this team and other points is merely out to gain popularity. Who is he trying to curry favor with?

I am taking no bait.

He has reiterated other people's opinion on this same board who are self proclaimed laker fans.

Some think that Jim should be fired. Others do not.

Some think that MDA was a bad hire. Others do not.

He correctly points out what a majority of fans state here that Scott has some culpability for this team's season. He correctly points out what some fans think is that the FO has some blame.

There is nothing new in his comments.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

After losing 5 games in a row, some blame has to go to the FO.

It was an impressive to come back in the 4th quarter but we still lost and we are almost the worse team in the West again.

Now Jeannie is supposedly meeting other people for their opinions.

Smart move.

What was pretty unfortunate was doing it at a Laker game in front of fans.

It creates a lot of distractions.

Anyways, Lakers need to go a five game winning streak or at least 3 to change the outlook for this year.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Bad roster construct. Losing happens with young players, it's happening to every young team in the league. I get that. This is a poorly put together team and it shook my confidence in Jim and Mitch, which was ironclad despite a couple hitches prior to this offseason.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
AlphaDAWG888 wrote:
Jim Buss will be the fall guy in all of this, I doubt he has much time left to turn this franchise around.

Especially when you have these quotes.

“I think we’ve done a great job (rebuilding)," said Jim Buss in an extended profile by Sam Amick. "Yeah, I think we’re in dynamite position. Not good position – dynamite."

and this one...

“We’re ahead of (the schedule), so I’m fine with it. I think we’ve turned the corner, exactly like we have (planned). Get a free agent next (summer), and then I think we compete.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239573/Jim-Buss-Lakers-In-Dynamite-Position-Ahead-Of-Schedule

What he should have said is that we will continue to struggle and hopefully get another top 3 pick.

Maybe we get a few free agents in the summer and we compete for a playoff position next year. The idea that we will compete for the Western Conference title or something is ridiculous. Look at the other teams. Jazz, Warriors, Timberwolves, Kings, Suns, etc. They have better records for a reason because they have better talent.

Russell, Clarkson and Randle are a good start but clearly not ready for the rigors of the NBA schedule and playoffs by next year.

His comments really show his ignorance.

Well. This interview doesn't look very good in light of what we actually got accomplished over the summer and how our season has progressed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Bad roster construct. Losing happens with young players, it's happening to every young team in the league. I get that. This is a poorly put together team and it shook my confidence in Jim and Mitch, which was ironclad despite a couple hitches prior to this offseason.

Yes, I posted in another thread that the 4 teams rebuilding with quality youth (us, Wolves, 76ers and Nuggets) have won at a 35% clip this season. Youth doesn't win, yet some here expect it to. It takes development and it takes time. And the "we are Laker fans and we deserve the best" argument won't change that. Our young players are progressing, I would hope we would be happy about that.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Yes, I posted in another thread that the 4 teams rebuilding with quality youth (us, Wolves, 76ers and Nuggets) have won at a 35% clip this season. Youth doesn't win, yet some here expect it to. It takes development and it takes time. And the "we are Laker fans and we deserve the best" argument won't change that. Our young players are progressing, I would hope we would be happy about that.

I'm not talking about stars and this doesn't have to do with Laker Exceptionalism.

We have no rim protector despite a crowded big rotation, and three guards who do the exact same thing, and three players who don't play at all.

That's a bad construct. I'm not talking about young players or complaining about losing. It's a poorly constructed roster. I even said that I understand all young teams really suck right now in the league!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't even seem real that we signed Moz and Deng to 4 year deals. I may not call for your firing but I can't look at you the same.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I'm not talking about stars and this doesn't have to do with Laker Exceptionalism.

We have no rim protector despite a crowded big rotation, and three guards who do the exact same thing, and three players who don't play at all.

That's a bad construct. I'm not talking about young players or complaining about losing. It's a poorly constructed roster. I even said that I understand all young teams really suck right now in the league!

The dearth of rim protection is real. After reading fiendish's article, I understand that having a great rim protector wouldn't solve all of our defensive woes since our guards are still giving little to no effort. But at this point I don't see our guards picking it up, and our big isn't picking it up. So we have no D basically
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

The dearth of rim protection is real. After reading fiendish's article, I understand that having a great rim protector wouldn't solve all of our defensive woes since our guards are still giving little to no effort. But at this point I don't see our guards picking it up, and our big isn't picking it up. So we have no D basically

Exactly. Like I was saying in the Randle thread, this whole thing doesn't work unless we have a rim protector at either, at least, PF or C, or if the rest of our rotation is Kawhi Leonard clones.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Exactly. Like I was saying in the Randle thread, this whole thing doesn't work unless we have a rim protector at either, at least, PF or C, or if the rest of our rotation is Kawhi Leonard clones.

I get it about needing a rim protector, but for me the issue is that we wouldn't be crying for a rim protector as much if our guards weren't giving up dribble penetration.

Defensively our guards are not, and my bet will never be, good defensive players. So, get all the rim protection you want...he's going to be busy, busy, busy.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

this
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I get it about needing a rim protector, but for me the issue is that we wouldn't be crying for a rim protector as much if our guards weren't giving up dribble penetration.

Defensively our guards are not, and my bet will never be, good defensive players. So, get all the rim protection you want...he's going to be busy, busy, busy.

Yeah, it's all bad. But defense at the front court is more important than guards being able to hold it down. I'd say at least one of the two need to be decent defenders on a good team. But even a team with two good defenders at guard, if your PF & C can't defend... You're still screwed.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Yeah, it's all bad. But defense at the front court is more important than guards being able to hold it down. I'd say at least one of the two need to be decent defenders on a good team. But even a team with two good defenders at guard, if your PF & C can't defend... You're still screwed.

Yeah I'd argue it's much harder to nullify the effect of an elite big defender than an elite guard defender, because you'd essentially have to draw the big out of the paint with a stretch 5 or something.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
levon wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Yeah I'd argue it's much harder to nullify the effect of an elite big defender than an elite guard defender, because you'd essentially have to draw the big out of the paint with a stretch 5 or something.

Balance seems to be the key these days. Yes, you need a big who defends the rim, and preferably can switch or at least hard hedge out away from the paint, but you also need wing defenders who can cover ground and challenge a variety of players in rotation. That's part of the reason Mozgov and Hibbert look so lost in our defense, because no one helps the helper.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21
Jump to: