** DENVER NUGGETS vs LOS ANGELES LAKERS (11/3/15) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Also, why dont the guys hedge on pick n rolls? We always get burned on them anyway
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
final comments:

spoke to mike trudell on my way out (he was sitting next to me all game) - I said "Byron's gotta go mike" and he gave a head shake. not sure if it was agreeing with me or disagreeing but i'd like to think he agrees.

hibbert and brandon bass got into a little squabble on the bench. bass is extraordinarily frustrated and knows he's playing like complete ass. hibbert went over to give him dap and said something, and bass rejected his high five. nick young had to step in and separate them. bass and hibbert later sat next to each other on the bench so seemed to be ok.

clarkson was extremely pissed off at the loss.

kobe bryant is done. will barton roasted him every time they were isolated 1 on 1. will. barton.

we are not going to win games on defense so we need to be playing our best offensive lineup, which right now, does not include kobe. dlo, clarkson, lou will, randle, hibbert are our best 5.

glad tarik black finally got burn, but he got way too much. he also took kelly and hibbert's minutes when he should have been taking bass'. denver won the game in the end on the offensive glass, which hibbert could have helped with tremendously. but byron refused to make any personnel adjustments whatsoever.

only adjustments i noted out of byron were 1 - to switch every screen, and then 2 - to play a 2-3 zone twice. the zone actually drew two turnovers both times it was used.

we ran a few actions that resulted in really nice looks - one was a loop for kobe coming off two picks from the baseline for an open midrange jumper. i wanted to see us run that over and over again but it was used once and then discarded for some reason.

referee #66 (haywoode workman - i looked it up) was absolutely atrocious this game. made at least 5 bad calls

our bigs can't finish around the rim.

lou williams thinks he's playing with derozan and terrence ross still. threw two ambitious lobs to brandon bass and tarik black respectively. neither of whom can get up.

This one drives me crazy. It is over 10 points every night that we lose because we miss give me's, and by give me I mean they do all of the work required to get to the rim, then appear to lose all concentration and focus while attempting to lay it in. Randle and Bass are equally bad at this, and i suspect it is related to neither are superior athletes and fear getting their shot rejected. Just go up hard and try to drop the ball in the basket, nobody cares if your shot gets rejected every once in a while.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Also, why dont the guys hedge on pick n rolls? We always get burned on them anyway

we hedged a couple. one time it worked, one time it was so obvious the hedge was coming that jameer nelson pre-emptively split it. i think it's obvious that we don't drill on different pick and roll coverages
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject:

Our defense is bad but I'm not all that shocked. When you draft players that were poor defenders in college they just don't magically become good with "practice". As with rebounding and passing a lot of it is instincts.

Julius benefitted by playing with the best defensive front court in college.

Russell was just a poor defender. He's slow laterally and that not only affects his defense but his offense as well. It's very hard for him to turn that corner.

Kobe is damn slow. He is pretty much done. I'm surprised he is playing close to 30 minutes a game. All his shots are either 6 inches long or 6 inches short. His legs are shot and he uses his shoulder to try and compensate. Coming out the second half he was winded after the very first play. Hilariously bad.

For Byron to preach defense he is doing a very poor job with the line up and spacing. He puts out Kelly, Bass, Lou and Young and expects them to be able to defend? Not only is that line up getting man handled on defense , they are also getting abused on the boards. Scott just doesn't know what he's doing. Black was the best back up center we have and he just decided to put him in.

I would like to see MWP, Black and Nance off the bench as the front court. I think they would be solid... well it can't get worst than Kelly, Bass, and Young.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Seriously, we suck. Randle may be an offensive beast but look at Faried. Dude has been trash so far this season and he explodes for 28/15 today?!

Randle needs to learn to play both ends.

Rookies hardly ever are good defenders. Russell is getting beat up on defense as well imo.

It is more important for Randle to show more resistance on defense than it is for DLo, Randle is part of the last line of defense. Dirk had his way against him as well, he's got to find a way to slow other 4s down. Tonight was a poor showing aginst Faried.

Randle was a poor defender in college. Lot of gaping holes in his game on that side of the court. He's going to have to put in a lot of work to even become an average NBA defender. Don't see that happening this season.

He really needs to be teamed with a strong defensive center, but one who's more mobile than Hibbert. Hibbert is a good centerpiece if you place other good defenders around him. But if you surround him with weak defenders, his value goes down significantly because it's easy to expose the weaknesses in his game.

I agree with this 100%. This is why I believe there is no hope for this season. We have a team of guys that dont mesh

Don't mesh verdict after playing 4 games? I actually think the personnel on this team has an arsenal of skills that may fit well together, or at least has a chance to over time. We have a completely new team, and none of these guys have had much time playing together. I look at it from an angle as if I was responsible for splicing up the video for teaching....the first game, and even the second game did not provide many positive clips at all, but the last two games include a significant amount of positive material (nice pass here, good decision there)......all while the team is playing at a similar poor level through all four games. They simply have not shown any ability to put the "clips" together, or even string along enough multiple "clips" to produce runs which is what the NBA game is about most nights. There is no guarantee they ever will, but logic suggests they will progress as a unit over time.

We do not have any great defenders on the perimeter or in the paint beyond Hibbert is bad news, but the good news is most NBA teams have the same problem. The NBA's individual defensive talent is probably at an all time low. That will not kill us as long as we develop some level of team defense. Good defensive teams in the NBA are not stacked with Ron Artest's and Bruce Bowen's, but develop a "group resistance" mentality (i.e. Golden State). That just takes unselfish effort. It requires players to recognize a player that is expending great effort on the offensive end of the court on certain nights, and provide a little more help on defense than normal....and know that on a night that their hand is hot, their teammates will return the favor. This is not a talent level problem because you cannot convince me that a player like Clarkson that can put Power Forwards on posters does not have the athletic ability to provide resistance on defense. Kobe at 38 is the only player that should be getting beat off the dribble, but Randle, Russell, Lou and others simply appear to have no interest in defense and there appears to be little to no accountability from the coaches or teammates for their lack of effort. If your not interested in defense, then your not really committed to winning as much as getting a good stat line on SportsCenter.

We have weaknesses, and there are hopefully future pieces that will help strengthen those areas.....but I don't think the personnel on this team is doomed, or lacks the ability to improve on those weaknesses.

There is always room for improvement. I see young guys who will take time to learn to defend (if they ever learn) and vets who have never defended so we can't expect them to change now. I say this season is a lost cause in a sense that we wont be good wins/losses wise or statistically defensively. I didn't mean that there is nothing to gain from the season. My point is we wont really begin to compete until we balance out the roster with some guys who can play better defense. We literally have 4 guys who want the ball on offense starting and none of them can play defense. I see all of them trying, they just are not good at it.

Finally I really think our size is a problem. We need to get bigger/longer. Clarkson/Russell guarding legit 2's is a problem and Black/Kelly/Bass/Randle against good front lines is also a problem. We need a bit more size.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

I remember when I used to break tv remote controllers, punch holes in the wall (lol only happened once) ,and scream at the television when the Lakers played like crap. Nowadays I just hit the gym or do the complete opposite and take an extra sip of Henny and watch reality Netflix programming like American Weed , Narcos , or Pitbulls and Paroloees.

Back then we were contenders and nowadays were are on a full rebuild with three promising young players.

Patience My LG family. We will be back on top

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject:

We have a collegiate defensive player of the year for his conf. and a former nba defensive player of a year (past his prime but we signed him) and a solid rim protector. we have another solid collegiate perimeter defender.

2 are inactive and one barely gets mins and the final one hasn't gotten off the bench.

bravo coach.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
We have a collegiate defensive player of the year for his conf. and a former nba defensive player of a year (past his prime but we signed him) and a solid rim protector. we have another solid collegiate perimeter defender.

2 are inactive and one barely gets mins and the final one hasn't gotten off the bench.

bravo coach.

JUST MAN UP AND BRING IT

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
so p!ssed right now 0-4 is a joke

new coach please Lakers

As much as I can't wait for Byron to be gone, this team would be 0-4 if Jesus was the coach. They have no defensive skill set players besides Hibbert.

I don't agree. Our team is very bad defensively but even that way we could've won the opening game and this Nugget game if only Byron had made better decisions. Dallas game was winnable too if we hadn't started losing 15-0

Yeah, no way we lose all three home games (against easy oposition!) With a respectable coach with sound rotations and schemes. No way

3-1 with decent coaching.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

new coach please Lakers

As much as I can't wait for Byron to be gone, this team would be 0-4 if Jesus was the coach. They have no defensive skill set players besides Hibbert.

I don't agree. Our team is very bad defensively but even that way we could've won the opening game and this Nugget game if only Byron had made better decisions. Dallas game was winnable too if we hadn't started losing 15-0

Yeah, no way we lose all three home games (against easy oposition!) With a respectable coach with sound rotations and schemes. No way

4-0. We were right there with the Kings in the beginning, until bad rotations set in
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
diando..............................0-1
Chronicle..........................0-1
pio2u...............................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's looking like a very though season again for Laker Fans if the defense doesn't get better.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

new coach please Lakers

4-0. We were right there with the Kings in the beginning, until bad rotations set in

1-3 at best; it's going to take time for this team to gel. If this team doesn't take defending serious they may never win a game.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I remember when I used to break tv remote controllers, punch holes in the wall (lol only happened once) ,and scream at the television when the Lakers played like crap. Nowadays I just hit the gym or do the complete opposite and take an extra sip of Henny and watch reality Netflix programming like American Weed , Narcos , or Pitbulls and Paroloees.

Back then we were contenders and nowadays were are on a full rebuild with three promising young players.

Lmaooooo, i used to be like that as well. Hahahha, I wouldn't talk t anyone after we lost a game. You better leave me the f**** alone!!!! Now i just have a good class or wine or a shot of fireball and go to sleep!!!!! One reason I refused to buy league pass is I was just too obsessed withthe Lakers, I owuld be angry after a loss but the very next day, I am there watching again. Not good for my sanity and health at all.
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

this is unacceptable.i mean we all know this team is not a great team and have a lot of growing to do but come on.we are not this bad not 132 to sacramento 120 to denver bad.what makes it even more ridiculous is that this so-called coach is supposed to be 'defensive minded' coach i remember being actually happy about this hire after such a terrible defensive coach like MDA.not only that his terrible rotations also hinders development of guys like russell.
BTW there was a guy who said mudiay is better than clarkson prior to the game.I hope this game was enough to change his mind.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lmaooooo, i used to be like that as well. Hahahha, I wouldn't talk t anyone after we lost a game. You better leave me the f**** alone!!!! Now i just have a good class or wine or a shot of fireball and go to sleep!!!!! One reason I refused to buy league pass is I was just too obsessed withthe Lakers, I owuld be angry after a loss but the very next day, I am there watching again. Not good for my sanity and health at all.

💯💯💯💯💯😂😂😂😂😂

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

new coach please Lakers

You guys are smoking. Our main pieces are virtually unknowns. Has New Orleans and Da God Anthony Davis even won a game yet? They were an 8th seed last season.

Oh and their coach is Gentry, who is a heavy analytics supporter, and modern ball advocate. What is his excuse?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

new coach please Lakers

Completely Agree. Byron's Odd Rotations and Second Units have been the clear and direct culprits in 3 losses. Somewhat competent coaching and we are 2-2 or 3-1
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

new coach please Lakers

Completely Agree. Byron's Odd Rotations and Second Units have been the clear and direct culprits in 3 losses. Somewhat competent coaching and we are 2-2 or 3-1

Yes I agree - issue is finding that coach
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87
Page 87 of 87
Jump to: