OFFICIAL METTA WORLD PEACE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I LOVE BASKETBALL!

https://streamable.com/ni81
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Today showed why he's more valuable than Anthony brown despite his age. His demeanor and intensity is contagious. He's not any good anymore but his presence for 3-5 minutes every couple games can be used as a spark.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

When Monta Ellis blew past him to score an easy bucket, and all MWP could do was turn and watch him go by, it was clear that his days of being an effective, valuable basketball player are in the past.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Today showed why he's more valuable than Anthony brown despite his age. His demeanor and intensity is contagious. He's not any good anymore but his presence for 3-5 minutes every couple games can be used as a spark.

Exactly. It's all about his presence. He won't score, there's probably only three players left in the league that he can defend, he'll probably turn the ball over once, but the second he gets on the court, his intensity rubs off on all the other players. It's an instant momentum shifter
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

I love this guy... When he is on the court there is a different energy in the players around him.. maybe its the fact they know he has their back and is sort of an enforcer in a way....

He being a mentor for these young kids is way more valuable than Anthony Brown bricking wide open 3s all season.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

2-4 from the freethrow line in a close game isn't going to cut it. Metta went back to being Metta, but was that unexpected? He is who he is. Still don't get why he isn't an assistant.

James Posey is doing a heck of a job with the Cavs as an assistant / player development coach. He was a good defender, but he's still able to do pre-game workouts with players.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

METTA WORLD PEACE ..... 'I WANNA BE AN NBA HEAD COACH'

Quote:
Coach World Peace?? That's right ... the Lakers star says he's eyeing a gig as an NBA head coach when he retires.
TMZ Sports spoke with Metta World Peace earlier this week about the praise he's been gettin' from the Lakers coaching staff ... who have said his knowledge and experience are valuable to the team even when he isn't on the floor.
MWP agrees ... and goes on to say he'd like to join young successful NBA coaches like Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens.
"It's fun. I think these coaches are having a great time, doing something they love to do, and I want to be in that same position someday."

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/02/metta-world-peace-coaching-lakers-nba/
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
2-4 from the freethrow line in a close game isn't going to cut it. Metta went back to being Metta, but was that unexpected? He is who he is. Still don't get why he isn't an assistant.

James Posey is doing a heck of a job with the Cavs as an assistant / player development coach. He was a good defender, but he's still able to do pre-game workouts with players.

There is a huge difference mentoring as a player or as a coach.. Players respect and listen more when its a player mentoring them and actually going out there to war with them each night in games and during the day at practice.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
I love this guy... When he is on the court there is a different energy in the players around him.. maybe its the fact they know he has their back and is sort of an enforcer in a way....

He being a mentor for these young kids is way more valuable than Anthony Brown bricking wide open 3s all season.

The moment Brown was drafted, I remember posting that he looked like a deer in the headlights. I chocked it up to being excited about being drafted. Sadly he looked the same on the court as well. You never have to worry about that with MWP. He enters the game and makes his presence felt, even when he stinks
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

Giving MWP minutes on the court needs to be stopped.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

The moment Brown was drafted, I remember posting that he looked like a deer in the headlights. I chocked it up to being excited about being drafted. Sadly he looked the same on the court as well. You never have to worry about that with MWP. He enters the game and makes his presence felt, even when he stinks

I LOVED when he got all up into harden.. Even if he fouled him 3 times in 3 possesions, it still rattled Harden a little and was exciting to watch
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
When Monta Ellis blew past him to score an easy bucket, and all MWP could do was turn and watch him go by, it was clear that his days of being an effective, valuable basketball player are in the past.
monta would've blown by mwp in his best days. Little quicky guys will do that to larger guys. Even larger guys with good defense. mwp was never KL from the spurs athletically. He was always a guy that was super strong, had long arms, strong hands, quick hands, and quick feet. but not very athletic. Every year that the rules changed to be softer so that the perimeter offensive guys could get more space without being touched. it made defense for guys like metta harder and harder to pull off.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject:

This is the type of game I like seeing from Metta.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

* Luke Walton wants Metta World Peace to remain with Lakers
Quote:
If the Lakers remove World Peace from the roster and the 16-year pro clears waivers, Walton said he would want World Peace to remain in the organization, perhaps in a coaching role.

“I want the guy around our players,” Walton said. “He’s professional, I think it’s more beneficial when he’s actually at practice and in the trenches with them, but he’s someone that helps the team just being around.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-metta-world-peace-luke-walton-contract-20170106-story.html

*Metta World Peace On Learning From The Young Lakers, His Favorite Shot, D’Angelo Russell

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/metta-world-peace-interview/#RekP0eqABJbmDkpX.99

* Metta World Peace getting more involved in boxing as a manager

Quote:
“I’ve been into boxing since I was a kid,” World Peace said. “My dad was a boxer. I always wanted to be a boxer. … But being able to have fighters is great. I love boxing. It’s something I do with a small percentage of my time.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20170105-story.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Serena Winters: Luke Walton said Metta World Peace brings more in the locker room than someone Lakers could’ve found as a 15th man on the roster.
12 hours ago – via Twitter SerenaWinters
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

The MWP Farewell Tour

Metta World Peace gets MVP chants at the Madison Square Garden

Quote:
Metta World Peace got some love from his hometown crowd late in the Lakers-Knicks game Monday night. Fans at the Madison Square Garden got pretty excited with World Peace’s fadeaway jumper and MVP chants erupted.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/02/07/lakers-metta-world-peace-gets-mvp-chants-at-the-madison-square-garden/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Serena Winters: Luke Walton said Metta World Peace brings more in the locker room than someone Lakers could’ve found as a 15th man on the roster.
12 hours ago – via Twitter SerenaWinters

Well, there you go. That's why he's in the squad
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Nick Young's Instagram post: "Shoot that beech, Metta." https://www.instagram.com/p/BQMfFI-jCaQ/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

lakerlynx wrote:
Nick Young's Instagram post: "Shoot that beech, Metta." https://www.instagram.com/p/BQMfFI-jCaQ/

BAMM!... MFs...

"I LOVE BASKETBALL!"
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Metta World Peace at peace with Palace incident

Quote:
For the most part, he tries to laugh it off. Whenever veteran forward Metta World Peace enters the Palace of Auburn Hills he cracks wise. “A lot of history here,” he might say.

“I’ll just say that to one of the guys,” World Peace said. “Like a little joke.”

World Peace was inactive for Wednesday’s game against the Pistons, so he watched from behind the bench in his final appearance at the Palace. After playing in the arena since 1988, including the 1989 and 2004 Finals against the Lakers, the Pistons will move to a new downtown home next season.

During the Lakers’ morning walk-through, a lot of comments were made in jest about World Peace’s role in the Malice in the Palace, the November 2004 melee that became the most infamous brawl in NBA history.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/peace-743557-world-pistons.html
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I want to congratulate Meta on scoring the same number of points, the same number of rebounds and the same number of blocks at MozGoof has the last two games...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: