OFFICIAL Kobe Bryant P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Bill Oram ‏@billoram 16m16 minutes ago

Kobe: "I could have scored 80 tonight, it wouldn’t have made a damn difference. We’ve got bigger problems."

Bill Oram ‏@billoram 16m16 minutes ago
Kobe: "I could be out there averaging 35 points a game, we’d be what? Three and 11?"

Taken out of context. He was speaking in hypotheticals.

Saying even if he scored 80 or averaged 35, his scoring or lack thereof is not the team's problem. Even if he did score at a high clip, it wouldn't make the team that much better.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

With all due respect to Kobe and everything he has added to the Lakers and the NBA, there is no way in hell he returns for another year. On his terms. On Lakers terms. There are no terms that work.

Sadly we are seeing an embarrassing end to a great career.

I would not be surprised to see Kobe somehow find a way to shut it down early this season. Hopefully not a major injury. But an injury that allows him to end his career with some dignity. Blame the poor shooting on the shoulder would be easy enough. Then gracefully step off the train and let the young guys take over the team and try to be competitive.

I see no reason for him to remain for what is turning into another disappointing season. Sadly he is contributing to the poor play. It is just painful to watch. Give the man his respect and accolades and wait for the contract to come off the books.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ We heard you the 100th time bro.

I posted porzingis stats from 1 game and got banned for provoking randle/russell fans. I dont know why this guy is not banned yet

Bs keeps repeating himself like 1000 times and the keeps bashing kobe
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as saying "cut the cord" with Kobe.

I think out of respect, the Lakers tell him the truth, which is:

1. lesser salary
2. lesser role, possibly off the bench

Kobe says no thank you, and wins his gold medal in the Olympics and enjoys the rest of his life.
Telling him the truth would be he's not good anymore. Retire at the all star break because its only going to get worse. I'm losing more and more respect for him with how many shots he's taking away from the youngsters. His time is up, harsh reality.

My goal is the same (have him retire); there is a way to do this honorably and just turning off the life support isn't the right way.

Yinoma, I normally love your posts but that's really an unfair analogy. Someone on life support has no ability to make decisions of their own and thus, rely on others to make the decision for them.

Plus, why would the Lakers just randomly offer him a lowball contract he has to reject? That's not the best way to honor Kobe.

The best way for them to honor Kobe, and him them, is to allow him to retire on his own terms. That means he needs to be realistic and announce his own retirement. He'll get a press conference and I think all of us will get teary-eyed watching a teary-eyed Mamba talk about his career and the decision.

But if he does anything OTHER than announce his retirement (i.e. announce he is interested in returning), he is putting the Lakers FO in a very uncomfortable and unfair position.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I posted porzingis stats from 1 game and got banned for provoking randle/russell fans. I dont know why this guy is not banned yet

What thread did you post the Porky stats in? The DLO Discussion Thread, or the DLO P&M Thread?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

Kobe should announce that his last game will be on Christmas and be done with it. I can't bare to keep watching his horrible jump shooting.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ We heard you the 100th time bro. :wink:

I've said different things about how Kobe is hurting the young players. You troll consistently, im just stating facts.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

I know Kobe has probably heard boos and heckles on road games all of his career but the Warrior fans were laughing at him last night. That was really hard to watch.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You said that in the DLO discussion thread. If you had said it in a P&M thread, like this one, you wouldn't have been banned. Rules are simple enough.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Kobe still deserves respect...

Some of you are extremely disrespectful and it's truly a shame. Kobe is obviously not able to lead a team full of scrubs at this point anymore. He has lost that ability. But the way he is being trashed by the fan base really shows how bad things are for the Lakers.

The Lakers organization is an utter mess and totally delusional. I am not sure why they have done all they have done but it's 100% clear that there are zero basketball intelligent people running this team.

If you to want bash Kobe and blame him, at least spend a moment trouble shooting the situation to figure out where the point of failure truly took place... It isn't Kobe. Not even close to being Kobe.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

I would argue the most respectful thing to do for him would be to bench him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I think people would have and show a lot more respect for Kobe if he could be more realistic about what he can and cannot do.

We're tired of this organization clinging to hopes of what happened a decade or more ago.

Be a role player, shoot 33% but as 2-6, teach the young guys. Would love to see that. But a team leader in mins and FGA? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:

He should be playing the Pierce/Garnett role, instead he still thinks he's a starter playing the most minutes on the team acting like the #1.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:

It would be more respecting for both himself and the young core if he didn't jack up terrible contested shots and did all the things he said he would do.

He said he would "take a step back", "let Russell control the game", "knows he won't win another title so let the young guys get the most touches and shots". But he doesn't. He's a liar. Says all the right things off the court, but all the wrong things on the court.

At this point, I would respect Kobe more if he just now shuts up and does everything he said he would do on the court. After that, I will respect him even more if he finally retired after this year knowing that he's a shell of his former self.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Paul Pierce was right.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

Should have retired after the achilles injury. He has literally nothing left to prove.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe still deserves respect...

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Some of you are extremely disrespectful and it's truly a shame. Kobe is obviously not able to lead a team full of scrubs at this point anymore. He has lost that ability. But the way he is being trashed by the fan base really shows how bad things are for the Lakers.

The Lakers organization is an utter mess and totally delusional. I am not sure why they have done all they have done but it's 100% clear that there are zero basketball intelligent people running this team.

If you to want bash Kobe and blame him, at least spend a moment trouble shooting the situation to figure out where the point of failure truly took place... It isn't Kobe. Not even close to being Kobe.

I call it a Laker core that got old and currently going through a necessary rebuild. Spurs showed that a rebuild isnt always necessary but hey maybe we will find our dynastic player this way in the draft.....Kobe is getting the respect of helping the Lakers tank to get our future next star
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Should have retired after the achilles injury. He has literally nothing left to prove.

He should have retired last year after breaking MJ's scoring record. That was when he literally had nothing left to prove.

Hell, him retiring would have meant that we would have went out last free agency to sign a SF like Tobais Harris, DeMarre Carrol, Khris Middleton, etc.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Honestly, I think people would have and show a lot more respect for Kobe if he could be more realistic about what he can and cannot do.

We're tired of this organization clinging to hopes of what happened a decade or more ago.

Be a role player, shoot 33% but as 2-6, teach the young guys. Would love to see that. But a team leader in mins and FGA? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But how can that be expected of Kobe? It has never been asked of him and he isn't even in a position where that is possible. What I mean by that is the Lakers management have put together a team full "parts", "rookies", and Kobe. This team was assembled with the intention of being extremely horrible but for the "parts" to showcase themselves to later be flipped. In the meanwhile, the Lakers were going to be horrible. You have to have a great system to anchor players in if you want to go the route the Lakers have. There isn't anything for the players to cling to when things get crazy in the court. Things would be a little better if Julius Randle wasn't out there looking like a prime Rodney Rodgers.

Some of you people thought we'd make the playoffs. I told everyone that would listen before the season started that we'd have multiple 10+ game losing streaks. We are totally dysfunctional and it starts with management.

So to expect Kobe to do anything except try his best to keep us competitive is just misguided judgement. Kobe needs to either ask for a trade or retire. This situation isn't anywhere close to being as bad as it will get.

Last edited by Darth Los Angeles on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

I would give Kobe respect if this is his way of trying to tank for a top 3 pick but at the same time, we can still tank by just having Russell/Clarkson/Randle shoot.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Even if the case is to start him is for "the show" is there any rationale reason why he should be playing more than say 20 min a game?

Totally agree. 5 min start of the game, 5 min end of the 2nd quarter, repeat in 2nd half. His legs/stamina might hold up a little better at 20 minutes instead of 30+. He actually looked a bit lively at times in preseason and game 1 of the regular season, but he's been fading ever since. This is getting ridiculous, he's in danger of falling below 30% FG, something has to be done.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

I'll respect Kobe more if he came out and said father time has caught up with me and come off the bench. I'll actually applaud him if he says that. All I want is the truth, he's hurting everyone by continuing to play as bad as he's playing.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You said that in the DLO discussion thread. If you had said it in a P&M thread, like this one, you wouldn't have been banned. Rules are simple enough.

Please this guy goes into every thread & spits the same kobe hate everywhere
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've said different things about how Kobe is hurting the young players. You troll consistently, im just stating facts.

Kobe hurting the young players is not a fact. You don't know that. There are a lot of intangibles that you have 0 knowledge of.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I'll respect Kobe more if he came out and said father time has caught up with me and come off the bench. I'll actually applaud him if he says that. All I want is the truth, he's hurting everyone by continuing to play as bad as he's playing.

What? Why do you need someone to comfort you? Stop addressing symptoms and look for the primary cause.

Kobe has been set up to fail and Jim Buss doesn't even realize that he did it. It's like watching Dumb and Dumber and one of the characters foil a crime with high level efficiency but in complete and utter stupidity not even knowing what happened.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

And it continues...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 25 of 66
Jump to: