The 3 point is not always the best solution/Can we put a yellow light on the 3's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

the whole nba is shooting a lot of threes. that's what you get with a (now mature) zone. this is not unique to the lakers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
I showed up early to the game last Friday and I saw Kobe hit something like 13 out of 15 3 ptrs during warm-ups. I think he is truly practicing the 3's and he wants to adapt his game.

Given what we know about Kobe, maybe we just give him a chance to go through the learning curve and this soon starts translating into the games

Okay now back to the falling sky and ing on Kobe.

That's what practice is for. I'd rather not use real games and opportunities for the young players as a learning curve session for a retiring player.

Maybe he can practice them 3s in garbage time or in a scrimmage he can launch them all day. But these real game minutes are critical for the young players.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

@MichaelVPina
Per @NylonCalculus, 74% of Los Angeles Lakers' 3s have been contested this season—highest in the NBA.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
@MichaelVPina
Per @NylonCalculus, 74% of Los Angeles Lakers' 3s have been contested this season—highest in the NBA.

Came in to post exactly this.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers... Dammed if you do, Dammed if you don't.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Lakers... Dammed if you do, Dammed if you don't.

no, it's do, but do so intelligently.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

i still think this is not a three point shooting problem, but a system problem. look at the trends:
kobe, a typically good shooter from everywhere, is missing a lot.
williams, also a good shooter, missing more than usual
just about every single player is not performing as good as expectations .

this is a system problem. there's not much flow to the offense. look at the other teams that are playing well right now, all smooth offense. everyone knows where the next pass goes, the ball moves smoothly for the most part. lakers have a lot of pass and pauses while they seemingly try to figure out what the next move is. this is good for a great one on one player like kobe of old, but with this new nba, it's not so great.

these are good players, at least they have been in the past. they need to figure out something that works.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Contested or uncontested the ball is falling for the Lakers opponents. For the The Lakers... Meh Their inconsistency is what's keeping them behind, it's not just in 3-point shooting the breakdowns are system wide. Rebounding, Defence and finally offence. At this point in the season the Lakers Consistency is... Inconsistency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: