DeMarcus Cousins: We've got some issues in house that need to be fixed.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: DeMarcus Cousins: We've got some issues in house that need to be fixed.

DeMarcus Cousins: We've got some issues in house that need to be fixed.

After a demoralizing fourth quarter collapse that saw the San Antonio Spurs outscore the Kings 34-19 in the final 12 minutes on their home floor, the locker room had the same eerie feel that we have become accustom to.

The 106-88 defeat sent the team to its sixth straight loss and a 1-7 record on the season. This start matches the team’s worst in the Sacramento-era. The pressure is building for a team that needed a strong showing going into a new home next season. The constant losing wasn’t expected and neither was the temperament in the locker room.

For the last week, the Kings have been saying all the right things. They have been waiting patiently for DeMarcus Cousins, their All-Star big man to return, with the hopes that his immense talent could stem the ever growing tide.
Cousins returned to the court Monday night to mixed reviews. His 21 points and 12 rebounds led the team, but he shot just 5-for-20 from the field and turned the ball over four times.

When he finally dressed and turned to the media, we saw a different person than the one smiling with his famous friend just minutes before. His initial quotes were not out of the ordinary for a player missing four straight games with a lower leg injury.

“I’m tired, honestly,” Cousins said. “My first time running was yesterday.”

He continued by saying that he felt “no pain at all in his leg” and that he just needed to find his wind. It was all the standard fair and then Cousins went a different direction.

“We got some issues that we got to, you know, carve out,” a cryptic Cousins said. “Can’t really speak on that, but one thing is, us players, we’ve got to stick together. Just with that, that will get us over or get us through most battles.”
“We got some issues in-house we need to figure out,” Cousins continued.

Cousins refused to elaborate on what the issues might be, but he was clear that they had nothing to do with the action on the floor.

“It will be a players only meeting, but just to make it clear, I believe in every single person in this room,” Cousins said. “We just got to stay together. That part I’m not worried about, but it is issues we got to figure out.”
“I feel like when those issues are fixed, the winning will come,” Cousins said.

Veteran Rudy Gay was quickly asked for his take on Cousins’ comments and he backed up his frontcourt mate.
“I do, I do, I agree with it,” Gay said. “It’s obvious. What is it, six in a row?
Read More Here: http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/rewind-kings-1-7-already-reeling-house-issues

DeMarcus Cousins said the Kings have some "problems in house" and that things have been going on.

Said that they as players need to stick together to get by but that there's problems in house that need to be dealt with. But he can't answer what they are.

“I feel like when those issues are fixed, the winning will come.” -DeMarcus Cousins

VIDEO: Cousins: #SacKings 'have some issues in-house' to sort out http://bit.ly/1L7EmO0 #NBA #KingsTalk

James Ham ‏@James_Ham
Cousins says there are some internal issues going on with the Kings right now that have to be handled.

“We’ve got some issues in-house we need to figure out.” -DeMarcus Cousins

“Just to make it clear, I believe in every single person in this room. We’ve just got to stay together.” -DeMarcus Cousins

Seems like the Kings and Cousins are at odds again.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

Bass and Scott for Cousins
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

Clarkson, Bass plus a future 1st rounder for Cousins please
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Bass and Scott for Cousins

Lol.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/11/11/9711634/demarcus-cousins-kings-trade-rumors-awful

Interesting
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/11/11/9711634/demarcus-cousins-kings-trade-rumors-awful

Interesting

Bass Kelly Scott for Cousins

Hire tom Thibs

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

Interesting

Come on Mitch, 2nd chance buddy.

Now that Russell has been exposed .... very doubtful Kings will want him especially with Rondo working out fine.

Or can Mitch convince old college buddy George Karl?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Cousins almost reminds me of Dwight 2.0, except with his offensive and defensive abilities reversed. At this point, would probably give up Randle or Russell for him though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Cousins almost reminds me of Dwight 2.0, except with his offensive and defensive abilities reversed. At this point, would probably give up Randle or Russell for him though.

as long as one of the two, but not both, i'd be perfectly fine with the deal
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

LOL sure you would be fine ... more like Vlade would laugh at Randle & Russell for Cousins now.

Lakers blew it.
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

After that Spurs loss lol.... I love Cousins

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25370464/report-karl-wanted-to-suspend-cousins-after-tirade-divac-said-no

According to league sources, Kings coach George Karl wanted to suspend DeMarcus Cousins for two games following Tuesday morning's team meeting after the All-Star center allegedly directed a profanity-laced tirade toward the coach. The sources asked not to be identified because they are unauthorized to speak on the matter.

The sources went on to say Kings general manager Vlade Divac said Karl did not have authority to suspend Cousins nor would grant permission. Cousins is scheduled to start Wednesday night's game against the Detroit Pistons at Sleep Train Arena.

When reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, Divac didn't deny Cousins used profanity or Karl's wishes to suspend the player, but he wouldn't comment on the matter.

“There's a lot of B.S. out there,” Divac said. “I'd just rather not comment on it.”

Karl also told The Bee he had “no comment” on the matter.
#Avatar-gate
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

This sounds rather dysfunctional good luck getting a quality coach to ever go there...

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/11/report-kings-coach-george-karl-in-trouble/

Quote:
Report: Kings coach George Karl ‘in trouble’

The Kings haven’t bought into George Karl’s system. DeMarcus Cousins might have cussed him out. Sacramento is holding team meetings already.

Everything is on the table.

But Karl’s fate looks increasingly certain.

Sam Amick of USA Today:

George Karl is in trouble.

Even those closest to him are willing to admit that much.

The Sacramento Kings coach who came to town nine months ago, who was given a $15 million contract ($11.5 million guaranteed) that doesn’t expire until the summer of 2018, and whose sterling record of success has been tainted by way of the 12-26 record ever since, isn’t seen internally as their coach for the long-haul anymore. Barring a shocking turnaround – and by that, we’re talking a 40-plus win season that seems unlikely – that much has become increasingly clear.

Even if the Kings were moderately cohesive – which they’re not – 40 wins would have been a high bar entering the season. They haven’t won even 30 games in any of the last seven years. Getting to 40-42 with a 1-7 start weighing them down looks highly improbable.

Really, this isn’t such a bad situation for Karl. Sixth on the all-time wins list, 12 behind Phil Jackson, Karl wants to climb the rankings – maybe all the way to No. 1 with 193 more victories. But he also wants to coach his way, apparently willing to ignite a feud with Cousins. If the franchise picks Cousins over him, Karl will get plenty of guaranteed money as a fallback. Show me the unfavorable outcome for Karl here.

The way owner Vivek Ranadivé operates, I’m not sure Karl gets until the end of this season. Sacramento has had four coaches in the 2.5 years Ranadive has owned the team, though to be fair, he inherited Keith Smart. Once Ranadivé decides to change directions – and there’s no telling when that will be – I’m not sure what stops him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

Interesting

Doesn't really make much sense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

He definitely is a head case like Dwight. I hear the word "Achilles" and I go the other way, though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

LOL sure you would be fine ... more like Vlade would laugh at Randle & Russell for Cousins now.

Lakers blew it.

There was nothing to blow, it was all smoke from Cousin's agent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
This sounds rather dysfunctional good luck getting a quality coach to ever go there...

Quote:

The Kings haven’t bought into George Karl’s system. DeMarcus Cousins might have cussed him out. Sacramento is holding team meetings already.

Sam Amick of USA Today:

The Sacramento Kings coach who came to town nine months ago, who was given a $15 million contract ($11.5 million guaranteed) that doesn’t expire until the summer of 2018, and whose sterling record of success has been tainted by way of the 12-26 record ever since, isn’t seen internally as their coach for the long-haul anymore. Barring a shocking turnaround – and by that, we’re talking a 40-plus win season that seems unlikely – that much has become increasingly clear.

Even if the Kings were moderately cohesive – which they’re not – 40 wins would have been a high bar entering the season. They haven’t won even 30 games in any of the last seven years. Getting to 40-42 with a 1-7 start weighing them down looks highly improbable.

Really, this isn’t such a bad situation for Karl. Sixth on the all-time wins list, 12 behind Phil Jackson, Karl wants to climb the rankings – maybe all the way to No. 1 with 193 more victories. But he also wants to coach his way, apparently willing to ignite a feud with Cousins. If the franchise picks Cousins over him, Karl will get plenty of guaranteed money as a fallback. Show me the unfavorable outcome for Karl here.

The way owner Vivek Ranadivé operates, I’m not sure Karl gets until the end of this season. Sacramento has had four coaches in the 2.5 years Ranadive has owned the team, though to be fair, he inherited Keith Smart. Once Ranadivé decides to change directions – and there’s no telling when that will be – I’m not sure what stops him.

Karl should go before Coussins
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Lakers blew it.

Oh, so this has been verified by you VLF?
#Avatar-gate
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

The sources went on to say Kings general manager Vlade Divac said Karl did not have authority to suspend Cousins nor would grant permission.

I'm speculating the sauce is Mike Bratz.

I get the business reasons for it, but Vlade just cut Karl off at the knees.

How long before Boogie goes full Spreewell on him?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow. I'd give up more for Cousins. Crazy.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Sam Amick of USA Today:

Karl should go before Coussins

If I were George I wouldn't be able to run out of there fast enough. Head case for a star player and just fully castrated by the FO. Losing game...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Lakers blew it.

Oh, so this has been verified by you VLF?

It has been verified that it came from George Karl, Vlade has said there were no discussions. Mainly because they aren't interested in trading him. And if they are, it will likely be to a team in the East so they don't have to see much of him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

The sources went on to say Kings general manager Vlade Divac said Karl did not have authority to suspend Cousins nor would grant permission.

I'm speculating the sauce is Mike Bratz.

I get the business reasons for it, but Vlade just cut Karl off at the knees.

How long before Boogie goes full Spreewell on him?

I am guessing that Karl doesn't last as long as Byron does.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Would much rather have Karl than Byron
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

I think Cousins would do better in a new environment and the Kings are a mess of a franchise. I see a lot of similarities between this and the Cavs situation with Lebron. Kings can't get anybody of significant marketing power or talent if Cousins leaves, thus the reason why Cousins wields so much power over the franchise.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

Cousins is an immature big kid, who has never been told "stop".

The other day he was 4/5 on threes, because he was so slow going upcourt that the PG passed the ball back and the defender was 4 metres away.

He is overweight and many times absent, injuries, foul trouble, ejections.

He deserves the Kings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: