LAKERS @ MIAMI -- Nov 10 4.30 PM PT -- GAMETHREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Did Whiteside bulk up his upper body? Throw the max at him and Durant!!!!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Did Whiteside bulk up his upper body? Throw the max at him and Durant!!!!

He's pulling a Bynum.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Can anyone tell me why our guards get the ball, and then dump it off to a big (Randle or Hibbert) like inside the 3pt line? They do it all the time.

I moved on on that logic at summer league same (bleep) offense being run, no logic in it whatsoever, just running clock and passing it hand to hand for a contested jumper. no biggie
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Louis Williams and Brandon Bass were completely pointless signings and may end up being a complete disaster as wasted cap space.

Byron is clearly sending some sort of message to DeAngelo with this limited playing time, so I hope DeAngelo figures out what he is doing wrong and changes it so that he can get more playing time.

We should probably let Hibbert walk this summer, he is a dinosaur out there.

Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown, Black are the future.

Trade literally everyone else (not Kobe obviously) for as many draft picks as possible.

Fire Byron this summer.

Pray we keep our top 3 pick this year. ( http://www.tankathon.com/ )

Last edited by Rawr on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Can anyone tell me why our guards get the ball, and then dump it off to a big (Randle or Hibbert) like inside the 3pt line? They do it all the time.

I moved on on that logic at summer league same (bleep) offense being run, no logic in it whatsoever, just running clock and passing it hand to hand for a contested jumper. no biggie

It's part of the Princeton. There would be backdoor cuts and ideally Hibbert would hit those back-door cutters. But we no such action in the BS version.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It's part of the Princeton. There would be backdoor cuts and ideally Hibbert would hit those back-door cutters. But we no such action in the BS version.

Thanks. That doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Haha
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson deserved to be sat the whole second half as did Randle ... Both played like lazy ass bums and should have been embarrassed. JC is awful on D and was a step down from Nick totally in this game like all road trip. And Randle is lazy when it comes to boxing out and doing fundamental hard work.
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Louis Williams and Brandon Bass were completely pointless signings and may end up being a complete disaster as wasted cap space.

Byron is clearly sending some sort of message to DeAngelo with this limited playing time, so I hope DeAngelo figures out what he is doing wrong and changes it so that he can get more playing time.

Russell, Clarkson,Randle, Nance, Brown, Black are the future.

Trade literally everyone else (not Kobe obviously) for as many draft picks as possible.

Fire Byron this summer.

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Next logical step is benching 1 of the three young guys .. They are too bad defensively. Kobe is still offering more one on one and so Nick and Lou. You almost need Metta, Nance, and Black to cover for Clarkson and Russell getting beat all the time. You can at least hide Randle's problems with better back court D.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Fire Byron this summer.

What's so funny? They are the future. Not necessarily super stars, but will be solid role players.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Next logical step is benching 1 of the three young guys .. They are too bad defensively. Kobe is still offering more one on one and so Nick and Lou. You almost need Metta, Nance, and Black to cover for Clarkson and Russell getting beat all the time. You can at least hide Randle's problems with better back court D.

Dude, seriously? I can literally only count a couple times per game that Russell gets beat badly. IMO he's already an ok defender and will only get better as he matures. People need today that to rest already.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Dude, seriously? I can literally only count a couple times per game that Russell gets beat badly. IMO he's already an ok defender and will only get better as he matures. People need today that to rest already.
I said one of them. Clarkson is easily the worst perimeter defender of himself, Kobe, Russell, Nick, Lou, and MEtta ... but he has Byron excusing him and he can score. Both of them can't start together. Clarkson is too bad on D, the offense stalls, and Russell can't score with him enough to off set the opposing back court. I much rather see Russell play with Lou and Metta, then have Nick start. Nick is by far a better SG defender and as we have seen Sf's aren't lighting Kobe up. If we add the fact Nick spaces the floor better than everyone else into account, we at least can make moves along the perimeter and let Kobe make the offensive reads.

If Russell is only playing 20 minutes, do it behind Clarkson. Let Lou and Nick split the SG spot, and let Kobe/Metta split SF in 7 and 4 minute increment stints.

Scott is too bad a defensive coach to correct mistakes. JC and Randle are far too lazy to start alongside another rookie who isn't adding a double digit contribution to offset the opponents. They need to be broken up. Russell plays better D but he's simply so marginalized in the back court alignment that it is not funny. Nick can offset the offensive punch we are losing and play better D on sg's. Clarkson will continue to be bad but at least you may win the back court which gives you a better shot to win the game
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:

Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown, Black are the future.

Fire Byron this summer.

Yep. I voiced my opinion from the beginning that I wasn't too thrilled with the Lou signing. But I was hoping his 6th man award was the beginning of something good. Because when I looked at his numbers, I knew he was just a volume shooter who wasn't accurate, and I was hoping he can improve his shooting in LA. But he's doing worse with career lows. He's been able to get to the foul line, which is the only good thing about his game so far. I think we can kind of see why Toronto wasn't in a hurry to resign him.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

I said one of them. Clarkson is easily the worst perimeter defender of himself, Kobe, Russell, Nick, Lou, and MEtta ... but he has Byron excusing him and he can score. Both of them can't start together. Clarkson is too bad on D, the offense stalls, and Russell can't score with him enough to off set the opposing back court. I much rather see Russell play with Lou and Metta, then have Nick start. Nick is by far a better SG defender and as we have seen Sf's aren't lighting Kobe up. If we add the fact Nick spaces the floor better than everyone else into account, we at least can make moves along the perimeter and let Kobe make the offensive reads.

If Russell is only playing 20 minutes, do it behind Clarkson. Let Lou and Nick split the SG spot, and let Kobe/Metta split SF in 7 and 4 minute increment stints.

Scott is too bad a defensive coach to correct mistakes. JC and Randle are far too lazy to start alongside another rookie who isn't adding a double digit contribution to offset the opponents. They need to be broken up. Russell plays better D but he's simply so marginalized in the back court alignment that it is not funny. Nick can offset the offensive punch we are losing and play better D on sg's. Clarkson will continue to be bad but at least you may win the back court which gives you a better shot to win the game

Thread worthy.
Great post.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Fire Byron this summer.

Nance and Brown are locked up for multiple years on tiny contracts and Black is a decent backup C/PF who will probably be pretty cheap if we want to re-sign him. There is nothing "" about young and inexpensive talent on a rebuilding team. These guys are prospects and already look like decent bench players.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Thread worthy.
Great post.

I see your point. Basically the same issue we were having with the second unit until we replaced bass,Kelly, and huertas with black, nance and metta. However, I think if you're going to bench on of the future core players for a weakness you should bench them all so they are all being treated the same way. Randle has been horrible also. So why not bench all three of them and replace them with bass, metta, and Lou or huertas.

Hibbert
Bass
Metta
Kobe
Lou

Now, you don't destroy any of the young Guys confidence by singling them out and you can also give them free reign of the second unit without all of the ball stoppers. On top of all of that you theoretically fix the defensive issues and give the young guys time to build chemistry on the court together.

Black
Nance
Young
Clarkson
Russ

Just realized that I left Randle out...there honestly needs to be a trade to free up minutes. Especially since nance and metta have proven to be rotation players. Both nance and Randle need to play.

Last edited by PICKnPOP on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I didn't think we could be worse than last year, but here we are. This team is worse.

I remember Byron talking about how his focus is defense and I'm watching two years of complete futility on that end. What on earth is this guy getting paid to do?
rtsmith
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
I didn't think we could be worse than last year, but here we are. This team is worse.

nah. Randle is healthy this year. His injury was a major blow to the team last year.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

cccplus wrote:
ricardoJPC wrote:
This loss is on Kobe! he ruins the ball movement and defense

not to mention organized bball

To be honest, Lakers looked somewhat better tonight until Byron went off the deep end with his rotations and units.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Left home at halftime and then tuned in the fourth on my radio only to hear frodo get crossed over.

It went down quick.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
cccplus wrote:
ricardoJPC wrote:

To be honest, Lakers looked somewhat better tonight until Byron went off the deep end with his rotations and units.

That's because metta took good, open looks within the offense and made the extra passes when he didn't have them.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Clarkson deserved to be sat the whole second half as did Randle ... Both played like lazy ass bums and should have been embarrassed. JC is awful on D and was a step down from Nick totally in this game like all road trip. And Randle is lazy when it comes to boxing out and doing fundamental hard work.

Both players are regressing under BS!
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
cccplus wrote:
ricardoJPC wrote:

That's because metta took good, open looks within the offense and made the extra passes when he didn't have them.

Im not talking about the score. The ball movement and assists per made shots was really good. They were playing well.

DLO was finally confident enough to unleash some great passes and most of them just missed especially with JC

I dont blame Kobe, JC, or any of the players. This season and this game is entirely on BS not knowing how to handle and manage the talent on this team.
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Stats that stood out:

Randle: 6 shots -- Needs to shoot more. Not confident in his outside shot and hesitant to drive against length. Has to play better D.

Clarkson: 0 assists -- IMO, he's playing for Clarkson. I know he's playing primarily off the ball, but Jesus, mix in a pass. Also has to play better D.

Russell: 6 shots, 21 min. -- To his credit, he had 4 assists. Has to be more aggressive offensively because he seems to be on a short leash. By comparison, Winslow got 31 minutes. Thought he played solid D on Dragic.

Hibbert: 2 rebounds -- Yeah, 2. I think he was signed for his defense and rebounding. God help us.
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Damn. Left home at halftime and then tuned in the fourth on my radio only to hear frodo get crossed over.

It went down quick.

Looked like he just landed a long jump in the Olympics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47
Jump to: