Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Clarkson deserved to be sat the whole second half as did Randle ... Both played like lazy ass bums and should have been embarrassed. JC is awful on D and was a step down from Nick totally in this game like all road trip. And Randle is lazy when it comes to boxing out and doing fundamental hard work.

Both players are regressing under BS!

Those laziness could be on the player. Look at Nick he is coached too by BS but he plays better defense than Clarkson and Randle.

Fischer is also hated by the Knick fans as a coach. But it did not stop/affected Porzingis effort.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

botox wrote:
Stats that stood out:

Randle: 6 shots -- Needs to shoot more. Not confident in his outside shot and hesitant to drive against length. Has to play better D.

Clarkson: 0 assists -- IMO, he's playing for Clarkson. I know he's playing primarily off the ball, but Jesus, mix in a pass. Also has to play better D.

Russell: 6 shots, 21 min. -- To his credit, he had 4 assists. Has to be more aggressive offensively because he seems to be on a short leash. By comparison, Winslow got 31 minutes. Thought he played solid D on Dragic.

Hibbert: 2 rebounds -- Yeah, 2. I think he was signed for his defense and rebounding. God help us.

1. Randle is going to have a rough-and-tumble learning process. A million holes in his game. Terrible defender.

2. I think Clarkson is going to be a nothing-special player. He's the kind of guy who can put up good stats on a bad team.

3. Russell I like actually. Right now his confidence is in the pits, which is a bad sign for the guy you want to be your floor general. Don't know if he'll ever be a star, but I think he'll become a solid point guard.

4. Hibbert has always been a weak rebounder. Even during his all-star years, he had plenty of 2 rebound nights. The guy is a one-trick pony: a shotblocker who clogs the lane.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
botox wrote:
Stats that stood out:

Randle: 6 shots -- Needs to shoot more. Not confident in his outside shot and hesitant to drive against length. Has to play better D.

Clarkson: 0 assists -- IMO, he's playing for Clarkson. I know he's playing primarily off the ball, but Jesus, mix in a pass. Also has to play better D.

Russell: 6 shots, 21 min. -- To his credit, he had 4 assists. Has to be more aggressive offensively because he seems to be on a short leash. By comparison, Winslow got 31 minutes. Thought he played solid D on Dragic.

Hibbert: 2 rebounds -- Yeah, 2. I think he was signed for his defense and rebounding. God help us.

1. Randle is going to have a rough-and-tumble learning process. A million holes in his game. Terrible defender.

2. I think Clarkson is going to be a nothing-special player. He's the kind of guy who can put up good stats on a bad team.

3. Russell I like actually. Right now his confidence is in the pits, which is a bad sign for the guy you want to be your floor general. Don't know if he'll ever be a star, but I think he'll become a solid point guard.

4. Hibbert has always been a weak rebounder. Even during his all-star years, he had plenty of 2 rebound nights. The guy is a one-trick pony: a shotblocker who clogs the lane.

Lol I have to agree with all this. This team is not good. They could be with a decent coach but even then additions and subtractions need to be made in order for us to improve. We have some guys that are useful. They just need to be put in positions to succeed.
Observer10
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

Let's face the facts. With or without Byron this isn't a very good team. With a great coach they could be better but still far from a playoff contender.

What you see here is the distillation of several years of bad management and poor decisions by said management. Honestly, they need to be sold to a competent ownership group as what you are seeing is pretty much all you will be seeing for the foreseeable future.

There is an old saying, " If you fail to plan you plan to fail." That pretty much sums up this franchise. Management relied on the fact that the Lakers could always pull a rabbit out of a hat but that was before the CBA. This is a new world out there and they were totally caught off guard and never prepared for the realities of the way franchises need to be built and administered.

This is a bad team they are fielding and not going to get any better very soon. The only hope I see is a sale. Otherwise, it's going to be some very bleak years ahead. The telltale omen is you can't even get a decent free agent to come to this franchise even with all of the cap space they will have. That's really sad.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Observer10 wrote:
Let's face the facts. With or without Byron this isn't a very good team. With a great coach they could be better but still far from a playoff contender.

What you see here is the distillation of several years of bad management and poor decisions by said management. Honestly, they need to be sold to a competent ownership group as what you are seeing is pretty much all you will be seeing for the foreseeable future.

There is an old saying, " If you fail to plan you plan to fail." That pretty much sums up this franchise. Management relied on the fact that the Lakers could always pull a rabbit out of a hat but that was before the CBA. This is a new world out there and they were totally caught off guard and never prepared for the realities of the way franchises need to be built and administered.

This is a bad team they are fielding and not going to get any better very soon. The only hope I see is a sale. Otherwise, it's going to be some very bleak years ahead. The telltale omen is you can't even get a decent free agent to come to this franchise even with all of the cap space they will have. That's really sad.

I'm not sure you understand how the CBA has influenced the lakers rebuild. The only way to rebuild now is through the draft and that takes patience. The new CBA made it much more difficult to steal free agents away from the teams that drafted them (dont use lebron as an example. I'm not gonna explain why.educate yourself). That says more about the CBA than it does about the lakers ownership.

I'm sure you will point to Nash and all of the draft picks we gave away but that was under a different CBA and circumstance. We were in a position to win now and the front office went all in. It was unfortunate that Nash got hurt as well as Kobe but that's part of the gamble and it was a good bet IMO. Dwight left because he didn't want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team. Who could we have paired him with that was better than harden? I will wait...is cool you can blame that on the front office too.

the new CBA put us in a tough situation. No draft picks, no coach, no star player for the future. The lakers are literally starting from scratch so what do you really expect? Do you want them to waste cap space on fringe All-stars or 30 year old stars that will play well for a few seasons? That would not be smart at all. i think he front office has done very well considering the circumstances. I don't expect a good coach to come here with the roster we have now. It wouldn't be smart.

We have young talent now we need to develop that talent. Unfortunately that's going to take time. Hopefully we can land one more young stud in Simmons and things will look extremely bright. Until then this is the plan so get used to it. There's no other way to get to the top
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u...............................1-1
diando..............................0-2
Chronicle..........................0-2
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
They really brought it today. What a difference this game made without Bryant, the fans were totally right!

It would be cool if you could change your screename to "bryants2hot2Randle"
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject:

It happened again, 3rd quarter breakdown. The Lakers were in the game until the 3rd quarter. I thought the 3 pt shooting loss was the cause. When they didn't hit the 3 they faded.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Observer10
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Observer10 wrote:

I'm not sure you understand how the CBA has influenced the lakers rebuild. The only way to rebuild now is through the draft and that takes patience. The new CBA made it much more difficult to steal free agents away from the teams that drafted them (dont use lebron as an example. I'm not gonna explain why.educate yourself). That says more about the CBA than it does about the lakers ownership.

I'm sure you will point to Nash and all of the draft picks we gave away but that was under a different CBA and circumstance. We were in a position to win now and the front office went all in. It was unfortunate that Nash got hurt as well as Kobe but that's part of the gamble and it was a good bet IMO. Dwight left because he didn't want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team. Who could we have paired him with that was better than harden? I will wait...is cool you can blame that on the front office too.

the new CBA put us in a tough situation. No draft picks, no coach, no star player for the future. The lakers are literally starting from scratch so what do you really expect? Do you want them to waste cap space on fringe All-stars or 30 year old stars that will play well for a few seasons? That would not be smart at all. i think he front office has done very well considering the circumstances. I don't expect a good coach to come here with the roster we have now. It wouldn't be smart.

We have young talent now we need to develop that talent. Unfortunately that's going to take time. Hopefully we can land one more young stud in Simmons and things will look extremely bright. Until then this is the plan so get used to it. There's no other way to get to the top

You are preaching to the choir here. My point is it is indeed a new world out there with the CBA in place. The old way of thinking and doing things no longer works. I mean where do I begin with for the front office mistakes? Letting proven veterans walk with nothing in return is one thing we have seen far too much for. Mortgaging your future by trading for old and washed up players by using draft choices and in return, getting nothing. The recent draft was reason enough to question what was going on. I know lots of people here are high on Russell, I am not one of them. He's certainly an adequate player but why in heavens do you draft him 2nd overall? Just because Golden State went small ball suddenly everyone is crazy. You simply can't afford to roll the dice on picks like that one. In reality every single move the franchise has made has backfired. Lots have to do with simply bad luck. How long to you continue to have bad luck and not start to consider poor management?

The Lakers have been an elite franchise literally since the get go. One thing they had in common with all those teams was good management. The best ownership in the business. What has changed? Well, now you have it being run by the heirs to a great owner. One owner and one decision maker. You divide the day to day and overall decision making in a family and it's a recipe for disaster. The Buss children are never going to take this franchise anywhere but the lottery. We have seen it and lived it here. Paying Kobe the salary they did destroyed this team and set it back years. So many poor decisions it's no wonder they are now a bottom dweller, laughing stock and have a team full of marginal players and a terrible coach. I just don't see anything on the horizon to look forward to or even a glimmer of hope. This is a bad franchise from top to bottom. Hard to believe but I think actually worse than last year. When the injuries start piling up there is no bench to pull from to fill in. 50 to 60 games in to the season it's going to get grim going to the end of the regular season.

I have been a Lakers fan since they played their first games in Los Angeles. I have seen teams come and go but they always seemed to maintain a competitive team and if they were off a year they came right back. I just don't see it anymore. Yes, times have changed but management simply hasn't. They lack the tools to make this a great franchise. Sorry to say it but as long as they are running the show, this is what you can expect.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: