* OFFICIAL SOUTH BAY LAKERS THREAD *
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 115, 116, 117  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
AB 38/7/6 highlights: https://twitter.com/ErieBayHawks/status/797867619734810624

Bet he can hit more shots than Deng.

He's going to get picked up. It's just a matter of when. The Hawks and Spurs would do an incredible job with him.

Except Deng would drop 50 in the D-league.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
AB 38/7/6 highlights: https://twitter.com/ErieBayHawks/status/797867619734810624

He's going to get picked up. It's just a matter of when. The Hawks and Spurs would do an incredible job with him.

Not with those legs. He has no lift in his shot.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I love how they keep taking errant threes when passing to Zubac is the high percentage option.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow we're getting a bit of a beat down although it looks like we're starting to catch up maybe...
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

man, the Vipers just switched and Zu had a 5' tall guy on him
and he still couldn't get a pass into the post
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm reminded why I stopped watching d-league games last season. They play like glorified pick up games. I've seen pick up games with more passing tbh.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Zu!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

All right well that was dull LOL. Time for me to move on to something more interesting, but anyway hope Zu gets something out of it.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Julian Jacobs is better than Vander Blue.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I despise Vander Blue's game.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
All right well that was dull LOL. Time for me to move on to something more interesting, but anyway hope Zu gets something out of it.

Im trying to figure out what Zu is gonna get out of this.....a bunch of scrubs around him that dont understand to throw him the ball when he is calling for it

Maybe one thing....there was a point in this game when he started going through the motions because he was getting froze out.....he needs to learn to move without the ball
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Im trying to figure out what Zu is gonna get out of this.....a bunch of scrubs around him that dont understand to throw him the ball when he is calling for it

Maybe one thing....there was a point in this game when he started going through the motions because he was getting froze out.....he needs to learn to move without the ball

What he'll get from this? Absolutely nothing that will translate to the NBA. I've seen enough d-league games to know they play like glorified pick up ball. You have the same two guys taking the same low percentage shots all game. Vander Blue represents everything that is wrong with the d-league.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
TDRock wrote:

What he'll get from this? Absolutely nothing that will translate to the NBA. I've seen enough d-league games to know they play like glorified pick up ball. You have the same two guys taking the same low percentage shots all game. Vander Blue represents everything that is wrong with the d-league.

In game experience against NBA caliber athletes(not players), can work on his defensive rotations and his range on his jump shot. Nothing too helpful but better than nothing considering he's not ready to crack the Lakers rotation yet.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

D-Fenders Can’t Slow Down Taylor, Vipers’ Offensive Firepower

Quote:
In a battle of two unbeaten teams, the Los Angeles D-Fenders came up short on Thursday, falling to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at the Toyota Sports Center, 133-120.

Los Angeles (2-1) was led by a pair of 20-point performers in forward Roscoe Smith (21) and guard Vander Blue (20). Justin Harper (17 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast) and Josh Magette (16 pts, 13 ast, 5 reb) also paced the team in multiple categories, while center Ivica Zubac – assigned to the D-Fenders by the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday – finished the game with 13 points, three rebounds and two blocks before fouling out of the contest. In total, seven D-Fenders scored in double figures.

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161117/RGVLAD/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

For Vander Blue, Third Time’s A Charm For NBA Call-up

Quote:
Vander Blue is known for weaving and slashing through defenses with precision as he attacks the basket with ease. But his moves didn’t all come from the basketball court.
“I know how to ice skate, I don’t think a lot of people know that. I used to play hockey,” Blue said. “Growing up in Wisconsin we always used to ice skate so I used to really enjoy playing hockey but my mom told me I had to pick a sport and I picked basketball.”
If not for his mom’s ultimatum, Blue may have been on another path, lacing up skates instead of sneakers. But now Blue is on a mission to find his way to the NBA as he suits up for the Los Angeles D-Fenders for the third consecutive season.

http://dleaguedigest.com/2016/11/15/vander-blue-third-times-charm-nba-call/
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I love how they keep taking errant threes when passing to Zubac is the high percentage option.

the contradiction of the D-League: franchises trying to develope their younger players vs. scrubs tossing a million balls up in the air to get some attention...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

lol. that video just proves what we already know. most borderline nba players are borderline because they need the ball in their hands a lot more than they are going to get it on their current nba roster. since they are not as good as others on said nba team.

If we unleashed AB and let him have the ball a lot and kept calling his number he would look solid. BUt if we did this, other guys that are better than him on the lakers would suffer and the team would suffer as a whole because of it.

Remember A.brown got to the nba for a reason. he's better than most people who play the sport. He just isnt better thatn most people in the actual NBA. but like some have said. if the spurs get a hold of him its on. another D.green.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

Tiez wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

the contradiction of the D-League: franchises trying to develope their younger players vs. scrubs tossing a million balls up in the air to get some attention...

There is no doubt that the D-league is a dog-eat-dog world.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

lol. that video just proves what we already know. most borderline nba players are borderline because they need the ball in their hands a lot more than they are going to get it on their current nba roster. since they are not as good as others on said nba team.

If we unleashed AB and let him have the ball a lot and kept calling his number he would look solid. BUt if we did this, other guys that are better than him on the lakers would suffer and the team would suffer as a whole because of it.

Remember A.brown got to the nba for a reason. he's better than most people who play the sport. He just isnt better thatn most people in the actual NBA. but like some have said. if the spurs get a hold of him its on. another D.green.

Spurs would be perfect for him. They're a small market team, which I think actually benefits them when developing players. The amount of media surrounding the Lakers is just unlike any other team save for the Knicks. Some players feel the pressure more than others.

Even being in a small market, Pop still insulates his players. He's like the Belichick of the NBA. With the way Brown plays defense, I bet they'd be willing to make him comfortable enough to become a decent shooter again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Spurs would be perfect for him. They're a small market team, which I think actually benefits them when developing players. The amount of media surrounding the Lakers is just unlike any other team save for the Knicks. Some players feel the pressure more than others.

Even being in a small market, Pop still insulates his players. He's like the Belichick of the NBA. With the way Brown plays defense, I bet they'd be willing to make him comfortable enough to become a decent shooter again.

I hope that AB3 somehow ends up back with the Lakers.

Of course, I am one of those guys still waiting on Ariza to return.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers’ Ivica Zubac shows potential before fouling out in D-Fenders debut

"How did Los Angeles’ big man fare in his first D-League game? The results were mixed."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/11/18/13673028/la-lakers-ivica-zubac-d-fenders-dangelo-russell-larry-nance-luke-walton

Quote:
L.A. D-Fenders ‏@DFenders 21h21 hours ago
ICYMI: @joshmagette moved to No. 19 on the @nbadleague's all-time assists list with his 16 point, 13 assist performance vs. RGV last night.

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 22h22 hours ago
OFFICIAL: After recording 13 points and two blocks in 23 minutes last night, the Lakers have recalled @ivicazubac from @DFenders.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject:

SANTA CRUZ WARRIORS vs LOS ANGELES D-FENDERS
Toyota Sports Center
Saturday, November 19, 2016 @ 6:30 pm PT

*Watch it live:

https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/videos/10154507404835289/

Last edited by pio2u on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see Julian Jacobs have a shot next season. I think he's a better defender than Calderon and Huertas.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
I'd like to see Julian Jacobs have a shot next season. I think he's a better defender than Calderon and Huertas.

I'd like to see the Lakers invest in Jacobs. He doesn't risk being picked up by an NBA team right now, but it will be a matter of time before he gets noticed by scouts. He does the little things to impact ball games - things like applying defensive pressure, making that extra pass, playing the passing lanes, etc. He'll grow in the d-league but won't belong because of his defensive skill-set. I think the point Coby Karl needs to get across to his players is that scoring 40-50 in the d-league won't get them noticed.

I'd take the offensively inept version of Jacobs over this Calderon. Huertas and Calderon just feel redundant to me. Even though the range isn't quite there yet, Jacobs has the physical tools and lateral ability to keep up with players. Just needs to focus on his offensive skill-set. If he gets that jumper down, he'll get a shot to redeem himself in the summer league and then training camp. SL competition is a couple notches higher than d-league comp right now.

Assuming the CBA changes to accommodate d-league slots, Jacobs and Brown would be worth looking into.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

I'd like to see the Lakers invest in Jacobs. He doesn't risk being picked up by an NBA team right now, but it will be a matter of time before he gets noticed by scouts. He does the little things to impact ball games - things like applying defensive pressure, making that extra pass, playing the passing lanes, etc. He'll grow in the d-league but won't belong because of his defensive skill-set. I think the point Coby Karl needs to get across to his players is that scoring 40-50 in the d-league won't get them noticed.

I'd take the offensively inept version of Jacobs over this Calderon. Huertas and Calderon just feel redundant to me. Even though the range isn't quite there yet, Jacobs has the physical tools and lateral ability to keep up with players. Just needs to focus on his offensive skill-set. If he gets that jumper down, he'll get a shot to redeem himself in the summer league and then training camp. SL competition is a couple notches higher than d-league comp right now.

Assuming the CBA changes to accommodate d-league slots, Jacobs and Brown would be worth looking into.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 42 of 117
Jump to: