* OFFICIAL SOUTH BAY LAKERS THREAD (2-way contracts explained ..pg. 54)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 1016
Location: Lost Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

they should be called the South Bay Breakers as in a breaking wave on a beach.
_________________
40 win season!
Playoff bound!
SPEAK IT TO EXISTENCE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Comeback Effort Not Enough For D-Fenders In Arizona

The Los Angeles D-Fenders were defeated by the Northern Arizona Suns on Sunday at the Prescott Valley Event Center, 117-113.

Los Angeles (28-10) enjoyed a another solid performance from David Nwaba, who tallied a team-leading 23 points, seven rebounds, two steals and three blocks. Josh Magette totaled 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Vander Blue added 15 points, five rebounds and six assists, while DeJuan Blair finished with 12 points and seven rebounds in his third appearance with the team. Justin Harper (16 points, four rebounds) also notched a double-digit scoring performance.

http://losangeles.dleague.nba.com/news/comeback-effort-not-enough-d-fenders-arizona/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Next Game 2 games (back-to-back):

*Los Angeles D-Fenders @ Northern Arizona Suns
Prescott Valley Event Center
Friday, March 3, 2017 @ 6:00 pm PT

*Raptors 905 @ Los Angeles D-Fenders
Toyota Sports Center
Saturday, March 4, 2017 @ 6:30 pm PT
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 11711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Comeback Effort Not Enough For D-Fenders In Arizona

The Los Angeles D-Fenders were defeated by the Northern Arizona Suns on Sunday at the Prescott Valley Event Center, 117-113.

Los Angeles (28-10) enjoyed a another solid performance from David Nwaba, who tallied a team-leading 23 points, seven rebounds, two steals and three blocks. Josh Magette totaled 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Vander Blue added 15 points, five rebounds and six assists, while DeJuan Blair finished with 12 points and seven rebounds in his third appearance with the team. Justin Harper (16 points, four rebounds) also notched a double-digit scoring performance.

http://losangeles.dleague.nba.com/news/comeback-effort-not-enough-d-fenders-arizona/


He's gonna get picked up if he continues playing like this. Contrary to popular belief, it's not the scoring that's impressive, although that's a plus. He gets after it on defense. Lakers gotta get on it once Calderon is out.
_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Comeback Effort Not Enough For D-Fenders In Arizona

The Los Angeles D-Fenders were defeated by the Northern Arizona Suns on Sunday at the Prescott Valley Event Center, 117-113.

Los Angeles (28-10) enjoyed a another solid performance from David Nwaba, who tallied a team-leading 23 points, seven rebounds, two steals and three blocks. Josh Magette totaled 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Vander Blue added 15 points, five rebounds and six assists, while DeJuan Blair finished with 12 points and seven rebounds in his third appearance with the team. Justin Harper (16 points, four rebounds) also notched a double-digit scoring performance.

http://losangeles.dleague.nba.com/news/comeback-effort-not-enough-d-fenders-arizona/


He's gonna get picked up if he continues playing like this. Contrary to popular belief, it's not the scoring that's impressive, although that's a plus. He gets after it on defense. Lakers gotta get on it once Calderon is out.


Nwaba would be a nice pick-up. If not I hope he gets a camp invite.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 2702
Location: Over the River And Through The Woods

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if the Lakers will take a flyer on a D-League guy with their open roster spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 7084
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

call up Nwaba
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

David Nwaba: Though primarily known for his lockdown defense has expanded his offensive game.

Stats: http://stats.nbadleague.com/player/#!/1628021/

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xLvfCHaK9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0W9E58L6dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7IdkTZ5oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqohjJuXz5s
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 2702
Location: Over the River And Through The Woods

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
David Nwaba: Though primarily known for his lockdown defense has expanded his offensive game.

Stats: http://stats.nbadleague.com/player/#!/1628021/

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xLvfCHaK9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0W9E58L6dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7IdkTZ5oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqohjJuXz5s


Looks like he's getting a 10-day deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 7102

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I've been wanting to see Nwaba signed for a while! Excited! Even if he's not quite ready it's a good call-up. Hope he plays on the summer league team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 2702
Location: Over the River And Through The Woods

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to sign guard David Nwaba of the L.A. D-Fenders on a 10-day contract, league sources tell @TheVertical.
10:03 PM · Feb 27, 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7032
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Looks like many of you got your wish.
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 11711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Quote:

Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to sign guard David Nwaba of the L.A. D-Fenders on a 10-day contract, league sources tell @TheVertical.
10:03 PM · Feb 27, 2017


All I can say is phew... he seriously risked getting picked up by another team - and I would have cursed the Lakers for not evaluating him.

Nwaba has that Beverly-esque grittiness on the defensive end. He's going to hold people accountable.
_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 7102

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
David Nwaba: Though primarily known for his lockdown defense has expanded his offensive game.

Stats: http://stats.nbadleague.com/player/#!/1628021/

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xLvfCHaK9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0W9E58L6dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7IdkTZ5oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqohjJuXz5s


Hops. Some fun dunks. More of a finisher at the rim than a shooter. Chase down blocks. Active, hustles. He could carve out a niche in the future if he can play some good defense on the perimeter.

Averaging 13.7 PPG, 7 REB, 1.1 AST, 1.4 STL, 1.2 BLK as a 6'4" guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 7102

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
tnell wrote:
Quote:

Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to sign guard David Nwaba of the L.A. D-Fenders on a 10-day contract, league sources tell @TheVertical.
10:03 PM · Feb 27, 2017


All I can say is phew... he seriously risked getting picked up by another team - and I would have cursed the Lakers for not evaluating him.

Nwaba has that Beverly-esque grittiness on the defensive end. He's going to hold people accountable.


Agreed, I mean we're giving a guy a 10-day and you hope he finds a role in the NBA like that, but I've been following him and I'm pretty excited about giving a shot to a player with his type of grit. Again would love to see him in summer league too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 11711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Ranks second in TPA: https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/836428357348773888

Briante Weber just signed with Hornets, so Nwaba technically left the d-league as first in TPA.
_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Congrats to DN! Hard work has its rewards.
http://losangeles.dleague.nba.com/news/lakers-sign-david-nwaba-10-day-contract/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com


Last edited by pio2u on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

NBA D-League Player Rankings Week 14

1. Anthony Brown
2. Keith Benson
3. Jalen Jones
4. Vander Blue
5. Pierre Jackson
6. Jordan Crawford
7. Manny Harris
8. Elijah Millsap
9. Ray McCallum
10. Eric Moreland

http://dleaguedigest.com/2017/02/28/nba-d-league-player-rankings-week-14/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

D-Fenders Power Forward Justin Harper will sign 10-Day contract with the Sixers

Quote:
Following a nice showing at the NBA D-League All-Star game, 27-year-old forward Justin Harper will be signing a 10-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.


http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/03/02/d-fenders-power-forward-justin-harper-will-sign-10-day-contract-sixers/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 2702
Location: Over the River And Through The Woods

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
L.A. D-Fenders‏ @DFenders
The #DFenders have acquired a 2017 1st round pick and the returning rights to Elliot Williams in a 3-team trade.

: (link: http://on.nba.com/2lzwUGC) on.nba.com/2lzwUGC


Quote:
D-Fenders Acquire First Round Pick, Rights To Elliot Williams In Trade

EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired a 2017 first round draft pick and the returning player rights to Elliot Williams from the Santa Cruz Warriors in a three-team trade, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.

As a part of the transaction, Santa Cruz received the returning player rights to Jabari Brown from the D-Fenders, in addition to a 2017 fourth round draft pick from Northern Arizona. The Suns received Santa Cruz’s returning player rights to Kevin Jones in the deal.

Williams (6-5, 178) has appeared in 109 NBA games throughout his seven-year professional career, averaging 4.9 points and 1.5 rebounds while shooting 42.1 percent from the field with Portland, Philadelphia, Utah, New Orleans and Memphis. A two-time NBA D-League All-Star and winner of the league’s inaugural Finals MVP award in 2015, Williams owns averages of 24.2 points, 3.0 rebounds and 6.7 assists in 51 games in the NBA’s minor league. He most recently played for Panathinaikos in Greece.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles D-Fenders @ Northern Arizona Suns
(3/3/17)
Quote:
NBA Development League plans to go live.
Tune in at 9:00 PM ET to watch No. 2-ranked prospect Vander Blue & the LA Lakers-affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders as they take on No. 12-ranked prospect Elijah Millsap & Phoenix Suns-affiliate Northern Arizona Suns (3/03/2017)


Today at 8:00pm



https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/videos/10154846358395289/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

D-Fenders defeat Suns 107-94


Quote:
Los Angeles’ Vander Blue led all scorers with 25 points, six rebounds and five assists, but the game belonged to fellow forward Travis Wear. Wear put up monster numbers, achieving 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting and 17 rebounds. DeJuan Blair also tallied a double-double, as he had 10 points and 10 rebounds off the bench.


http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170303/LADNAS/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

LA D-Fenders vs Raptors 905
(3/4/17)
Quote:
Tune in at 6:30 PM PT to watch Toronto Raptors assignee & NBA Brasil native Bruno Caboclo & the Raptors905 as they take on No. 2-ranked prospect Vander Blue & the LA Lakers-affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders (3/4/2017)


https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/videos/10154850050830289/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Medina‏Verified account @MarkG_Medina 2h2 hours ago

As expected, Lakers send David Nwaba down to D-Fenders so he can play tonight vs Raptors 905. Nwaba will join Lakers for Sunday vs Pelicans

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25451

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

D-fenders fall to Raptors 111-104. 😡
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 51 of 55
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB