Landing Spots for Donovan Mitchell If Cavs Trade Star Guard During NBA Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject: Landing Spots for Donovan Mitchell If Cavs Trade Star Guard During NBA Offseason

Hey All,

Landing Spots for Donovan Mitchell If Cavs Trade Star Guard During NBA Offseason

Lakers actually have a reasonable shot, I'd probably put MIA has the favorite IF they would include Jaquez, but if not, not sold the NY teams have enough to really make things work for the Cavs outside of some picks

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115538-landing-spots-for-donovan-mitchell-if-cavs-trade-star-guard-during-nba-offseason

Cheers,

EP
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

reddish/hayes/jhs ain't gonna get it done for donovan
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject:

DLo or AR and Rui + Max is who Cavs would want I would think
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Mitchell will largely decide his destination provided the target team has a credible set of assets to offer in return. For the first time since the Davis deal, the Lakers have that type of package, even if in a vacuum it appears other teams have a more attractive one.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Ugh. DLO/Reaves and Rui for Mitchell is a tough one. That's how you know it is a fair trade.

Whether it is DLO or Reaves. Mitchell is an upgrade. So I have no problem with that part.
Rui has always had good size, and now he is a very efficient scorer on top of that.
If he shows up big for us this postseason. By keeping his shooting splits and upping his energy on defensive and the glass. It would be tough to part ways. Even for a stud like Mitchell.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject:

No thanks. Dude misses lots of games every year.

Although his game is very exciting to watch and comes up huge in the playoffs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Markannen, Sexton, three first rounders, and two swaps for Mitchell was such a bad deal for the Cavs, especially now that they may have to trade him for pennies on the dollar. Should have just tanked another year and stuck with a core of Garland, Mobley, Markannen, and Jarrett Allen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

It may not be wise to trade for Mitchell. Remember, he's from Westchester County, so he may just leave next summer as a free agent and join the Knicks.

I'd rather look into trading for Dejounte Murray again. And please no Trae Young.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
It may not be wise to trade for Mitchell. Remember, he's from Westchester County, so he may just leave next summer as a free agent and join the Knicks.

I'd rather look into trading for Dejounte Murray again. And please no Trae Young.

I don’t think they’d trade for him without securing an extension. Mitchell would be a good fit since he plays defense(highest rated defense player this year), and has isolation skills we need, but I am not going to give up all of our assets for him. I would give them the picks,
Mitchell and AD is also a good duo post lebron.
I am not high on Murray
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Lets delete the article and this thread... Dude will catch wind of this discussion and drop 70 tomorrow in his audition.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

if Lakers will not win a ring this season and retain Ham next season, I think Bron should request a trade to go back to the Cavs. Lebron and Spida trade.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Does Donovan really effect winning as much as ya'll think he does, or is it another Bradley Beal situation?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Does Donovan really effect winning as much as ya'll think he does, or is it another Bradley Beal situation?

Seems like a baseless question.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

3rd in the East, 15 games above .500 with Spida' as their best player. Not to mention those Utah Jazz from a couple of seasons ago that were considered contenders and one season had the best record in the league.

Don't remember Beal ever leading a team to that level of success.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ugh. DLO/Reaves and Rui for Mitchell is a tough one. That's how you know it is a fair trade.

Whether it is DLO or Reaves. Mitchell is an upgrade. So I have no problem with that part.
Rui has always had good size, and now he is a very efficient scorer on top of that.
If he shows up big for us this postseason. By keeping his shooting splits and upping his energy on defensive and the glass. It would be tough to part ways. Even for a stud like Mitchell.

Lol, so true, Rui is still scratching the surface, held back by Bron playing the 4 like Kuzma was but we debate in our head cause it’s fair, Spyda is an elite scorer who’s proved it in the playoff
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

I'd tend to hold Rui out of any deal for a guard and would prefer to trade both DLo and Reaves, especially if that guard coming back is mostly a one-way player. Rui's defense can be terrible in certain situations, but at least he's a big body and a rebounding threat.

I'd be willing to include Vando. Something like Reaves + Vando + Vincent + picks.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I'd tend to hold Rui out of any deal for a guard and would prefer to trade both DLo and Reaves, especially if that guard coming back is mostly a one-way player. Rui's defense can be terrible in certain situations, but at least he's a big body and a rebounding threat.

I'd be willing to include Vando. Something like Reaves + Vando + Vincent + picks.

DLo-Spyda-Rui-Bron-AD

Dinwiddie-Max-Cam-Wood-Hayes

Bronny-Maxwell-Castleton

That’s a hell of a starting 5, upgrading from AR to Spyda
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

It would be nuts to trade anything of value for a guy that can walk at the end of the year.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

Overrated
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
levon wrote:

DLo-Spyda-Rui-Bron-AD

Bronny-Maxwell-Castleton

I'd still prefer using our picks for two-way starter-level players rather than one star level offensive player. Guys I'd target:

Trade:
Poeltl
Mikal Bridges
Caruso

FA:
CP3 (if losing guard depth and he's on a min)
Mason Plumlee
Daniele Theis

I think this team needs that "Aaron Gordon" upgrade to really compete with the top tier of contenders, as well as strong backup big play.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
governator wrote:
levon wrote:

DLo-Spyda-Rui-Bron-AD

Bronny-Maxwell-Castleton

I'd still prefer using our picks for two-way starter-level players rather than one star level offensive player. Guys I'd target:

Trade:
Poeltl
Mikal Bridges
Caruso

FA:
CP3 (if losing guard depth and he's on a min)
Mason Plumlee
Daniele Theis

I think this team needs that "Aaron Gordon" upgrade to really compete with the top tier of contenders, as well as strong backup big play.

Brooklyn reportedly won't trade Mikal. But Caruso or Poeltl for picks isn't crazy.

Aaron Gordon was perfect for Denver cause he is everything Jokic isn't. An athletic, non-ball-dominant, rim finisher, who can switch and guard multiple positions.

Tough imagining what that perfect fit would be for us.
I guess a top tier iso and pick and roll guard. Mitchell kind of fits the definition. Its just, he doesn't give a crap about defense.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Reaves at mle >>> Don at Max
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mitchell would make this an elite roster in terms of talent. The only player you could realistically get that would move Bron to a 2nd option. You'd go from having D'lo as your 3rd option to having Anthony Davis in that spot. Keep 1 of Reaves/Rui out the deal and you still have all the depth you need. I think it's the right basketball move even if you were to win a championship with D'lo this season. Chemistry/continuity would be a question mark but no real indication that it should be an issue.

Mitchell
Christie
Vando
LeBron
AD

Vincent
Reaves
Lewis
Wood
Hayes
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Reaves at mle >>> Don at Max
We need a legit 2nd star next to AD, that way LBJ can take a back seat. Vincent/JHS/Bronny would be a decent rotation at PG with a DM/LBJ/AD lineup.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I rather have Dejounte Murray than Spida at this point. Spurs should try to get at Spida this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: