Best sites for legit discounted tickets to Disneyland/Universal Studios
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Best sites for legit discounted tickets to Disneyland/Universal Studios

Is de-sells.com legit or anyone know of legit places to purchase tickets for really good deals? Thanks in advance.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Are you a student or do you have student ID? Heck, I'm an alum and I still get discounted tickets.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Best sites for legit discounted tickets to Disneyland/Universal Studios

GoldenChild wrote:
Is de-sells.com legit or anyone know of legit places to purchase tickets for really good deals? Thanks in advance.

How many people you have and how old are they
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

And which day do you want to go
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Most of the resellers are not legit, especially for Disneyland. The last tactic was selling 3-5 day tickets and people selling back their unused portion (unused 3rd day, etc.)

Doesn't work as well anymore due to the maingate ticket takers taking people's pictures on multi day tickets.

They match the face to the ticket owner.

Just go to costco or find a cast member friend or friend of a friend to sign you in for free or whatever you arrange.

Bye.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Most of the resellers are not legit, especially for Disneyland. The last tactic was selling 3-5 day tickets and people selling back their unused portion (unused 3rd day, etc.)

Doesn't work as well anymore due to the maingate ticket takers taking people's pictures on multi day tickets.

Just go to costco or find a cast member friend or friend of a friend to sign you in for free or whatever you arrange.

Bye.

Cast members only get I think 16 a year so you better be a good friend or really make it worth their while. They can get you discounted tickets though.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
gumby wrote:

Bye.

Cast members only get I think 16 a year so you better be a good friend or really make it worth their while. They can get you discounted tickets though.

New/younger cast members can do 16 a year. Cast members 15 years service and up or salaried have many more sign ins.

As for the discount, it is laughable due to the fact they don't want employees selling the tickets. So the discount is like 5 or 10 dollars off. That's it. Costco or a hookup.

Bye.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject:

I have a silver pass so I go whenever it's not blocked out and I can bring 3 people with me. Since I got that pass I became everyone best friend
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

find a cast member.

They can get 3 people in with park hopper tickets. So find a friend of a friend and say you maybe only pay that person $200. Still a bigger discount youll ever find

They get 16 visits (at 3 guests a piece)
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

craigslist
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

i was looking at the 5 day pass, those are the best deal (relatively speaking that is). does it require to go to the park 5 consecutive days after the initial use? or any 5 days before the tickets expire
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i was looking at the 5 day pass, those are the best deal (relatively speaking that is). does it require to go to the park 5 consecutive days after the initial use? or any 5 days before the tickets expire

Any 5 days before the ticket expires
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

They can get 3 people in with park hopper tickets. So find a friend of a friend and say you maybe only pay that person $200. Still a bigger discount youll ever find

I have a silver pass. Unlimited visits. With exception of block out
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info. Yeah, there's 4 of us. I have a friend of a friend that works for Disney. Never thought of asking, but I guess it doesn't hurt to find out.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

How did you get a Silver pass?
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

He's been a cast member for 15+ years, or he works in corporate.

EDIT: he also can be married by someone that works at disney that has a silver pass.
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Other than finding a cast member, are there any other suggestions for trying to find a discount to either Disneyland or Universal Studios?

I have a cousin coming from out of town to visit , and I promised I'd show her around because living in LA/OC is great but visiting LA isn't as great. ( I think I remember LA being ranked as the most disappointing city to visit on some survey).

But, its been an eye opening experience to see how much those tickets costs now. Its been years since I've gone to either one and Disney was always expensive, but these ticket prices seem a lot more expensive than what I remembered even after factoring in inflation. I thought I remembered there used to be deals where all you had to do was bring in a coke can and you'd save a bundle on tickets back then.

I tried Costco, but I don't see discounted tickets for those two theme parks. And, my employee discounts from work for theme parks really don't save that much money.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

Are you open to using the pass at a price? I can PM you and we can talk about it.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

Frank The Tank wrote:
Other than finding a cast member, are there any other suggestions for trying to find a discount to either Disneyland or Universal Studios?

I have a cousin coming from out of town to visit , and I promised I'd show her around because living in LA/OC is great but visiting LA isn't as great. ( I think I remember LA being ranked as the most disappointing city to visit on some survey).

But, its been an eye opening experience to see how much those tickets costs now. Its been years since I've gone to either one and Disney was always expensive, but these ticket prices seem a lot more expensive than what I remembered even after factoring in inflation. I thought I remembered there used to be deals where all you had to do was bring in a coke can and you'd save a bundle on tickets back then.

I tried Costco, but I don't see discounted tickets for those two theme parks. And, my employee discounts from work for theme parks really don't save that much money.

i'm in the same boat, too bad multi-day tickets are not transferable, so we can take turns to visit the parks
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

Frank The Tank wrote:

Really? I've always heard the exact opposite.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

slightly off topic question, just purchased one park one day tickets for the entire family, but the tickets do not say which park they're for, does that mean i can use them at either Disneyland Park or California Advanture and that park only?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

Are you open to using the pass at a price? I can PM you and we can talk about it.

no its against the rules to let people in on my silver pass for a price. nor will I accept any gift of any kind....

Ill do it as favor to you... just pm me when you want to go....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

EDIT: he also can be married by someone that works at disney that has a silver pass.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

That's a nice job. If I weren't still leaning towards medicine, I'd be interested in Disney corporate.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

That's a nice job. If I weren't still leaning towards medicine, I'd be interested in Disney corporate.

stick with medicine. there is a ceiling here and I think I hit it and the pay is not what you think the hours long the people under me are all GS-1-4 and the executives are demanding as hell...Disney execs undermine, manipulate and put people on the spot... its a weird culture. very cut-throat and at times it can be humiliating if its done in front of other people. a silver pass and perks here and there wont keep me here long term....

vaca, health benefits, 401K and stock options are not the best either Disney does the bare minimum for corporate directors
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: