Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Frank The Tank wrote:

I have a cousin coming from out of town to visit , and I promised I'd show her around because living in LA/OC is great but visiting LA isn't as great. ( I think I remember LA being ranked as the most disappointing city to visit on some survey).

Really? I've always heard the exact opposite.

LA is more of a patchwork of different neighborhoods with no center which makes visiting LA a pain because LA is too big and spread out to see nearly all the sights in a day or two.

Other cities like NYC or the European cities have more of a central area where their attractions sights are closer to each other and/or have a public transport system to make it easier to reach those attraction sites.

But, if you visit LA, you have to drive all around town to see stuff and you end wasting a lot of that time in traffic.

I have to drive my cousin from OC to LA and I don't want to deal with that traffic so I would have liked to limit the trip to LA to one or two. But, I know its not realistic to expect to see that much stuff in LA in a day or two.

Even though Disney tickets are very expensive, at least that would have meant a shorter trip to Disneyland than driving to LA.
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for free or cheap things for a tourist in LA to do that would balance out the cost of Disney tickets?

Since my cousin is a recent college grad, I'm paying for tickets and food till she leaves. I was planning on using up a day by going to Hollywood and Griffith Observatory to see the handprints in cement and Walk of Fame but her friend just did with her so that's no longer a option for me.

Anybody ever hiked up to Hollywood sign? Would that be a fun, free activity to do?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject:

Frank The Tank wrote:
Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for free or cheap things for a tourist in LA to do that would balance out the cost of Disney tickets?

Since my cousin is a recent college grad, I'm paying for tickets and food till she leaves. I was planning on using up a day by going to Hollywood and Griffith Observatory to see the handprints in cement and Walk of Fame but her friend just did with her so that's no longer a option for me.

Anybody ever hiked up to Hollywood sign? Would that be a fun, free activity to do?

Yes, hiking the Hollywood sign is plenty of fun. Wear some old shoes, as people ride horses along the trails, and they (bleep) everywhere.

Griffith is a must-see

The Chinese theater is a fun, too, if you're into old timey golden-age Hollywood, otherwise Hollywood Blvd. is an empty, grimy tourist trap.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

They can get 3 people in with park hopper tickets. So find a friend of a friend and say you maybe only pay that person $200. Still a bigger discount youll ever find

They get 16 visits (at 3 guests a piece)

I have a silver pass. Unlimited visits. With exception of block out

How did you get a Silver pass?

He's been a cast member for 15+ years, or he works in corporate.

EDIT: he also can be married by someone that works at disney that has a silver pass.

That's a nice job. If I weren't still leaning towards medicine, I'd be interested in Disney corporate.

stick with medicine. there is a ceiling here and I think I hit it and the pay is not what you think the hours long the people under me are all GS-1-4 and the executives are demanding as hell...Disney execs undermine, manipulate and put people on the spot... its a weird culture. very cut-throat and at times it can be humiliating if its done in front of other people. a silver pass and perks here and there wont keep me here long term....

vaca, health benefits, 401K and stock options are not the best either Disney does the bare minimum for corporate directors

I've heard nothing but bad stories about working for Disney. I had a friend whose husband also worked corporate. Some type of network security gig. He lasted a few months. I also have family who works at the park and the hours suck, the prep time just to start work sucks, and it management seems rough.

The free entrances and 20% shopping discounts aren't worth the ass whipping.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

They can get 3 people in with park hopper tickets. So find a friend of a friend and say you maybe only pay that person $200. Still a bigger discount youll ever find

EDIT: he also can be married by someone that works at disney that has a silver pass.

That's a nice job. If I weren't still leaning towards medicine, I'd be interested in Disney corporate.

stick with medicine. there is a ceiling here and I think I hit it and the pay is not what you think the hours long the people under me are all GS-1-4 and the executives are demanding as hell...Disney execs undermine, manipulate and put people on the spot... its a weird culture. very cut-throat and at times it can be humiliating if its done in front of other people. a silver pass and perks here and there wont keep me here long term....

vaca, health benefits, 401K and stock options are not the best either Disney does the bare minimum for corporate directors

I've heard nothing but bad stories about working for Disney. I had a friend whose husband also worked corporate. Some type of network security gig. He lasted a few months. I also have family who works at the park and the hours suck, the prep time just to start work sucks, and it management seems rough.

Yes the ass whippings are the worst. I have 3 deadlines today and they only gave me one week to 2 days notice on each deadline. The amount of work for each of these reports takes at least 2 weeks. They executives undermine and manipulate the directors. They been in that position for 10+ years and it doesn't look like any of them are retiring soon. They are living a good life on my blood and tears and urine. Last one is for cmb and Daldi (bleep) and giggles.

I have 40 people under me so I can delegate that's the only they are the ones that get me through to the next day. I am itching at the executive position though Hopefully one of them decides it's time to leave or move on but as long as I am a good employee it's not gonna happen anytime soon
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
marloveslakers24 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
find a cast member.

Yes the ass whippings are the worst. I have 3 deadlines today and they only gave me one week to 2 days notice on each deadline. The amount of work for each of these reports takes at least 2 weeks. They executives undermine and manipulate the directors. They been in that position for 10+ years and it doesn't look like any of them are retiring soon. They are living a good life on my blood and tears and urine. Last one is for cmb and Daldi (bleep) and giggles.

I have 40 people under me so I can delegate that's the only they are the ones that get me through to the next day. I am itching at the executive position though Hopefully one of them decides it's time to leave or move on but as long as I am a good employee it's not gonna happen anytime soon

If you do get fortunate enough, hire me!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: