Jumaine gets some ebay material lol

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Jumaine gets some ebay material lol

Quote:
Jumaine Jones swears there was nothing personal about his career night against the Los Angeles Lakers. If there was any doubt, he erased it by taking a bag of gear into his former team's locker room for Kobe Bryant to sign for him.

Jones scored a career-high 31 points to help the Bobcats snap their franchise-record, 13-game losing streak on Friday night with a 112-102 shocker over the Lakers.

"It's definitely a big deal that I had a good game against the team that traded me," Jones said. "But we had a 13-game losing streak. I just wanted to get a win. That means more to me than anything."

Jones then headed over to see Bryant, who stopped his postgame interviews to praise his former teammate.

"That's my guy," Bryant gushed before exchanging hugs with Jones and giving him an autographed pair of his game shoes. "I hated to see him go. That's my man. I love him."

"He practiced against Kobe all of last year, so obviously it was sweet revenge for him," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "We deserved that. We didn't know who he was, we gave him up to Charlotte, we had no idea how good a player he was."

KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jones, who came into the Laker locker room afterward to have Bryant sign a jersey and basketball, said his effort had nothing to do with vengeance.

"It was a fluke man," he said. "It was a fluke."

But he also said he was surprised by the trade.

"It was a shock to me because I went to training camp, and as soon as I get back, they tell me I'm traded," said Jones, who averaged 7.6 points last season.

Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

You can bet that Phil chose to trade him so he could keep Luke and Devean
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Poor Jumaine. He obviously has a great deal of respect for Kobe, and probably loved playing with him. He was a true professional and worked his butt off, did whatever he could to help his game (big man camp) AND Phil dumps him off for a 2nd rounder. What a crock.

I don't think I will ever get over Jumaine being traded.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I'll never get over passing up Baron Davis...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:

The Lakers tried to get Baron Davis, but the Hornets wanted ending contracts to free cap space. The Lakers didn't have enough of them.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject:

No the Lakers had a deal in place for him that both teams agreed on until Mitch backed o ut. Sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:

[quote="CorkyTomjanovich"]Poor Jumaine. He obviously has a great deal of respect for Kobe, and probably loved playing with him. He was a true professional and worked his butt off, did whatever he could to help his game (big man camp) AND Phil dumps him off for a 2nd rounder. What a crock.

I don't think I will ever get over Jumaine being traded.[/quote]

I knew this day would happen the day he was traded. Hurts me because he was a DSGB playing my my favorite team. Oh well
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: