Hey Magic, potential real steal of the draft (Larry Nance)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Hey Magic, potential real steal of the draft (Larry Nance)

Calling the 4th pick the SOTD is silly. 4th pick is expected to be star/all star. Larry Nance Jr is the real steal of the draft as he seems to be doing way more then the experts expected and may make all rookie team along with Russell by the end of the year.

For example last year JC was probably real SOTD since he was 2nd round pick that made all rookie team.

but lets see be fore we make these judgments, but right now LNJ seems to be "it".
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

He didn't even make some mock drafts. Gotta give Ryan and Jesse credit for pulling another rabbit out of the hat.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

He could play the Rick Fox role on a championship team as a PF. I really enjoy watching him play. Stays within his limits and can throw down a monster jam at any given moment. I'd like to see him work on his weak side defense. Really good pick.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Must feel great for him to know that playing the game of his life results than sitting on the pine in lieu of Bass. Grit!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Magic, potential real steal of the draft.

lak_repeat wrote:
but lets see be fore we make these judgments, but right now LNJ seems to be "it".

You are all over the place here.

I agree with the first part: too early to make any judements.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject:

Mods why was this moved when the thread is about Larry Nance Jr?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Not sure. I will edit the title and move it back to the Lounge.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:

They thought it was about Gary Lance
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Magic, potential real steal of the draft.

activeverb wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:

You are all over the place here.

I agree with the first part: too early to make any judements.

I don't think it's too early to make any judgements.

Look at his defensive rotations, shot selection, and energy on the offensive glass. Dudes the real deal. He does just about everything you could possibly want from your bigman
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

I was excited to see what this kid can do in the NBA the moment we drafted him. He has impressed so far. Lets hope he keeps improving.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He didn't even make some mock drafts. Gotta give Ryan and Jesse credit for pulling another rabbit out of the hat.

Agree, though I don't think he makes the all rookie team.
penston
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Sir Nancelot
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
diando wrote:

They thought it was about Gary Lance

Hey Stu, hi Lantz.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

What if we already have our center of the future here. Mitch said when he drafted him that what he lacks in height he makes up for in length and athleticism. He's a fine run n gun center actually. Nance/randle/brown/clarkson/russell. There's no reason that team can't be something good in a couple yrs
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
What if we already have our center of the future here. Mitch said when he drafted him that what he lacks in height he makes up for in length and athleticism. He's a fine run n gun center actually. Nance/randle/brown/clarkson/russell. There's no reason that team can't be something good in a couple yrs

Man, I want that to be true so badly. Hopefully he can gain the strength needed to defend 5's in he next year or so. If mothers going Ronald an excellent 4. I'm actually surprised Byron hasn't played him at the 5 already
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

penston wrote:
Sir Nancelot

Good one.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

Man, I want that to be true so badly. Hopefully he can gain the strength needed to defend 5's in he next year or so. If mothers going Ronald an excellent 4. I'm actually surprised Byron hasn't played him at the 5 already

He's listed as 5'8 but he looks taller on the court to me. He's so long and hustles like a true big. His length and athleticism are special and I think totally compensate for his height. In this current era of small ball I don't see why he can't work.

Regardless he deserves playing time. He's super active out there and makes the right play most of the time.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He's listed as 5'8 but he looks taller on the court to me. He's so long and hustles like a true big. His length and athleticism are special and I think totally compensate for his height. In this current era of small ball I don't see why he can't work.

Regardless he deserves playing time. He's super active out there and makes the right play most of the time.

I like this idea alot. He's taller than Draymond Green. And Green plays minutes at the "center" every game this year.
Green was guarding Deandre Jordan of the Clippers in the 4th quarter of their close game.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Mitch has been striking gold with the 4 year college guys. First JC and now Nance and Brown.

IDK if I like Nance at Center, especially with Tarik on the roster, but there are plenty of minutes to go around as a back up PF.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

I don't see him being a long-term solution at center, especially teamed with Randle. He might be OK in limited situations.I like Nance, but don't see that starting five as a viable, long-term lineup.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He looks at lease a foot taller then that. I think he could be a center in today's nba but we got to make sure be is properly utilized. Don't want to mess the kid up like what's happening with Russell right now. I like him as our long term power forward.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

I said in another thread that he's the perfect utility guy. He can be the first big off the bench and come in for any of the three front court spots depending on the opponent.

Props to the scouts yet again. People joke about Buss and Chaz, but the Lakers have found diamonds consistently in recent years.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He looks at lease a foot taller then that. I think he could be a center in today's nba but we got to make sure be is properly utilized. Don't want to mess the kid up like what's happening with Russell right now. I like him as our long term power forward.

I'd hope so. Otherwise I'd tower over him at a lofty 5'10" (in shoes)
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

I'd hope so. Otherwise I'd tower over him at a lofty 5'10" (in shoes)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

I don't see him being a long-term solution at center, especially teamed with Randle. He might be OK in limited situations.I like Nance, but don't see that starting five as a viable, long-term lineup.

No, but I would like to see it for spot minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: