ASSISTS: Brandon Knight = 15 | Los Angeles Lakers = 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: that is the problem

diando wrote:
laker50 wrote:
The offense should be a lot better than what it is.

First thing I would stop is ISOs. There isn't the talent for it. But first guy taking one shot unless it is wide open is benched.
Want to see ball movement and some player movement.
Players are too greedy looking for their own shot instead of setting
others up.

Defense with Hibbert and MWP in there is good.

No matter the talent, ISOs is not efficient offense (unless there's an overwhelming mismatch).
LeBron knows it (see most recent NBA finals), Phil Jackson knew it when he installed Tex Winter's triangle, MJ and Mamba know it too.

D'antoni knew it too. Remember his comment about the post-up being the least efficient play in basketball? He didn't want a defense standing still, focused in on one guy. Get the defense scrambling and create mismatches. He was so wrong for that Laker team and those 7-footers but he'd be perfect for this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Every time I see Hibbert not facing the basket, 15-18 feet away, holding the ball up and watching guys scurrying around for 8 seconds. What the hell kind of offense is that?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject:

Brandon Knight put on a clinic. I think Russell should have played better defense, used his length a little more to make it difficult to see/pass/shoot. Maybe in 3-5 years...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Brandon Knight put on a clinic. I think Russell should have played better defense, used his length a little more to make it difficult to see/pass/shoot. Maybe in 3-5 years...

Was DLO guarding Knight most of the game? Didn't he also have Lou/Huertas guarding him a lot too?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Was DLO guarding Knight most of the game? Didn't he also have Lou/Huertas guarding him a lot too?

Lou and Huertas are not long like Russell... yes?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I was just asking a question since I didn't catch the game. Bledsoe/Knight are a handful. Who was primarily guarding Knight for most of the game (and DLO played what, 25 minutes?).
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Dlo is a bust.

Rondo is averaging 10 assists a game and he was a free agent. We should of signed him instead and drafted a center

I'm starting to think that. I know that you want to give the kid a break because he is a rookie. I can see missing shots because of the increased speed of the game or getting killed playing defense. But if this kid is such a star passer where the heck has that gone? If DLO doesn't pan out, the rebuild schedule can be put back a few years. As of now, every back up in the league is better than he is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Dlo is a bust.

Rondo is averaging 10 assists a game and he was a free agent. We should of signed him instead and drafted a center

I'm starting to think that. I know that you want to give the kid a break because he is a rookie. I can see missing shots because of the increased speed of the game or getting killed playing defense. But if this kid is such a star passer where the heck has that gone? If DLO doesn't pan out, the rebuild schedule can be put back a few years. As of now, every back up in the league is better than he is.

Who is he passing it to with that starting lineup? Out of that group, only Clarkson has been amenable to pure catch and shoots.

Passes to Randle, he sizes up again and tries to iso.

Passes to Kobe, mixed results, isos or long jumper.

Hibbert? non-finisher.

Look at the TEAM assists and you see that we have a bunch of iso players and non-finishers. There is no ball movement either. Just the wrong system for him.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Every Brandon Knight 1st half highlight on TWC has Jordan Clarkson on him.

Russell guarded Bledsoe a lot too, remember that comment from Billy Mac, that Russell is daring Bledsoe to that 3 point jumpshot.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Dlo is a bust.

Who is he passing it to with that starting lineup? Out of that group, only Clarkson has been amenable to pure catch and shoots.

Hibbert? non-finisher.

Look at the TEAM assists and you see that we have a bunch of iso players and non-finishers. There is no ball movement either. Just the wrong system for him.

So if that is true why are so many people so against having Russell come off the bench to play with the bench crew
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

And just beautiful, another thread is getting hijacked again by the Anti-Russell crowd and being turned into another Russell P&M.

Russell's the only player willing to pass 1st, while his teammates are all shoot 1st, shoot 2nd, shoot 3rd.

This crowd is Unbelievable.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Dlo is a bust.

Hibbert? non-finisher.

So if that is true why are so many people so against having Russell come off the bench to play with the bench crew

Because Scott benches him and throws out Lou/Young, et. al.

It's not even about benching, b/c you need a guy who isn't going to demand more touches and shots with the 1st unit.

It's the baffling wholesale rotations he does where he subs both Clarkson and DLO out. Why not ensure that either one is basically on the floor at PG at all times?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Does anyone else feel like Hibbert is basically a rich man's Kwame Brown?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I was just asking a question since I didn't catch the game. Bledsoe/Knight are a handful. Who was primarily guarding Knight for most of the game (and DLO played what, 25 minutes?).

Everyone had their turn. Russell started on Bledsoe but got switched on Knight a lot. A lot of team defense fails, needless switches, and Huertas getting abused.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

It was a blowout mainly due to a "special" Byron lineup though:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/11/16/9748244/la-lakers-byron-scott-bad-defense?_ga=1.158835711.452466326.1442369516
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Does anyone else feel like Hibbert is basically a rich man's Kwame Brown?

Really, really, really no.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

left Knight wide open for threes, died under screens defending Knight, couldn't keep up with Knight, basically did not play good defense. it was Knight all night.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

left Knight wide open for threes, died under screens defending Knight, couldn't keep up with Knight, basically did not play good defense. it was Knight all night.

So your contention is that he was mostly responsible for guarding Knight instead of JC/Lou/Huertas?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

So your contention is that he was mostly responsible for guarding Knight instead of JC/Lou/Huertas?

so you read my post and that's what you got from it? lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Nah, I asked a question and you responded to my question of "who was primarily guarding Knight." So it's not your answer then? LOL.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Nah, I asked a question and you responded to my question of "who was primarily guarding Knight." So it's not your answer then? LOL.

Lou and Huertas have no chance of guarding Knight, but I thought Russell could've made a difference with his length and all...IMO Knight made much of his damage being defended by Russell.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

The defense schemes are a mess. Looks like they just dump the ball into mid post run around without purpose for like 12s then have a hand off and when the clock is at 9s somebody ISOs and shoot (clanks). Seems to me that not only Byron needs to go but also the incompetent assistant who set up this offense.
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Our team is too slow to guard Phoenix and not long enough to rebound.

Only players with decent lateral quickness are Clarkson, Nance and Randle. We just lack the athleticism to keep Phoenix's type of explosiveness out of the paint.

Then, when we force a miss, we can't rebound. Hibbert is the only player with decent length on the team, but he's crazy slow. How many tap backs did Phoenix get? We were boxing out but too short to get to the ball. Didn't count, but it seemed like a lot.

We'll do decently against slow teams, but we will look bad against teams with athleticism and length. Someone needs to give the FO a memo that short and slow ... not cool.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
D-Lo needs to pick up his pace at times. He seems to be too tentative/passive and does not attack when he should.

Attack to where exactly though? Hibbert/Randle both clog the paint.

Actually Hibbert used correctly doesn't. His set jumper is beyond cash. Check out his shot attempts in the last 2-3 games. The PnPop is money when he takes it.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

When DLO was on the floor yes, and D'Angelo didn't scratch the surface until the 3rd quarter, thats terrible. A player like that you've got to make him play both ends of the floor. Can't having him resting on defense while you don't punch back. Knight got hot while Russell was guarding him.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: