Rockets Fire Coach Kevin McHale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

That's unfortunate. I was beyond shocked that they let McHale go.. especially so soon after re-upping him.

I don't care much for Morey's style though. But it's easier to point the blame at someone else than it is to admit to your failure.

So much for that whole Dwight Howard learning under McHale thing. I wonder how Dwight feels now though? I mean, I get he's in a better situation than with the Lakers team-wise.. but wasn't one of the reasons to him going there was so he can be utilized better? Dude isn't getting many shots now-a-days lol.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
That's unfortunate.
So much for that whole Dwight Howard learning under McHale thing. I wonder how Dwight feels now though? I mean, I get he's in a better situation than with the Lakers team-wise.. but wasn't one of the reasons to him going there was so he can be utilized better? Dude isn't getting many shots now-a-days lol.

Well Dwight is NOT interested in improving, he is lazy and just wants to have fun and exploit his potential to the max..

In that way I am very glad he is not still here!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

So much for that whole Dwight Howard learning under McHale thing.

Over his career, Dwight has had one-on-one coaching with Ewing, McHale, and Olajuwon. I think it's safe to say this is as good as he's going to get in the post. It's unfortunate because this is the point in a center's career where he could really use a good fallaway jumper.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard's also been selectively sitting out of games of his choosing. Clyde talked about it today.

@briancmahoney
Clyde Frazier says "no way" Dwight Howard should be sitting tonight with way things going in Houston. Says lack of leadership.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
I could NOT be happier to see Lurch FIRED!

I hate that guy...

Hated him for clothes-lining Rambis back in the day.

Hated him in Leprechaun green!

Didn't Dwight say he wanted to play in Houston because McHell was a "big-man coach"??

Sorry Howard but your last game in which you scored five points in the loss was McHell's last game... LOL...

+1

Only thing better would be Rocket fans lobbing urine bombs (a la soccer hooligans) at him as he exited the building.

Nah, he isn't homeless.

Why don't you sell one of your ovaries to help feed the homeless
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Houston on a 3 game losing streak.
Didn't really seem like McHale was the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

They've got a lot of problems. I get that if McHale lost the locker room they felt the need to replace him. But they were beyond foolish if they thought it would fix their issues.

Harden isn't the same guy he was last year. The team isn't shooting like they did last year. They're not defending like they did last year. The Lawson experiment has been a complete disaster.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They've got a lot of problems. I get that if McHale lost the locker room they felt the need to replace him. But they were beyond foolish if they thought it would fix their issues.

Harden isn't the same guy he was last year. The team isn't shooting like they did last year. They're not defending like they did last year. The Lawson experiment has been a complete disaster.

If harden wants a change of scenery the lakers should look into it. Give up anyone except randle and Russell
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Harden isn't the same guy he was last year .

Kardashian Kurse? I'm starting to believe the women in that family are all witches.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

Harden isn't the same guy he was last year .

Kardashian Kurse? I'm starting to believe the women in that family are all witches.

The scary thing is Russell might be next.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
If harden wants a change of scenery the lakers should look into it. Give up anyone except randle and Russell

You're not going to get him with just Clarkson. I loathe the guy, but if he were available, he's worth anyone we have.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they move Harden.

I think they'll move Dwight, and even though he may not get you something great, they'll get some assets and possibly tank this year. It's not looking good for them at this point. And the other kid Capela, can easily replace a lot of what Dwight does for them on O.

They're losing in the 4th to the Sixers at home. May pull out the W because it's the Sixers - but still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think they'll move Dwight, and even though he may not get you something great, they'll get some assets and possibly tank this year. It's not looking good for them at this point. And the other kid Capela, can easily replace a lot of what Dwight does for them on O.

They're losing in the 4th to the Sixers at home. May pull out the W because it's the Sixers - but still.

Realistically, what can they get for Howard? He's 29, in decline, with back issues over the years and his game is dependent on athleticism over skill.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Harden wants rid of Dwight, is why Josh Smith is gone, it began last year when Kobe convinced him of a few things, Harden shot like ass the first few weeks, did that last year too (was 37/25 or something going into december last year).

But their supporting cast are horrendous right now, they're giving Jones and Brewer over 20 mpg despite them being pretty much ringers for the opposition, their bench has been outscored in every game this year, you'd think random chance would lead to that not happening at least once, but they really are that bad.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Good luck getting something of value for Dwight.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Realistically, what can they get for Howard? He's 29, in decline, with back issues over the years and his game is dependent on athleticism over skill.

I think they could get a 1st rounder and a future 2nd round pick. They won't get something earth shattering or equal value talent wise. But with Capela's emergence and if they decide to tank, trading Dwight makes a ton of sense. While tempted I'm sure - in the end I see them trying to make the playoffs.

People act as if he's done - but he's averaging 13 boards a game, his PER is 20 and his FG percentage > 60. To put it in perspective if a Center who averaged 14/13/1.5/60% in 32 mpg became available in FA, a lot of teams would be all over him considering the new salary cap and all the money available. He's having a better/comparable year than DeAndre Jordan so far, who was supposed to be the best FA last year and Dwight's not even fully healthy yet. He'll still get you back some assets via trade, and I'd be surprised if he's not one of the most pursued FA's in the summer this year, assuming he opts out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

The fact it took Harden 50 points to beat the Sixers by 2 without them even having Noel speaks volumes about the direction of that team at this point.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The fact it took Harden 50 points to beat the Sixers by 2 without them even having Noel speaks volumes about the direction of that team at this point.

Yep, they look like they're in a major rut and will need Harden to play like a MVP and Dwight to bring it every night to squeak into the playoffs.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think they could get a 1st rounder and a future 2nd round pick. They won't get something earth shattering or equal value talent wise. But with Capela's emergence and if they decide to tank, trading Dwight makes a ton of sense. While tempted I'm sure - in the end I see them trying to make the playoffs.

People act as if he's done - but he's averaging 13 boards a game, his PER is 20 and his FG percentage > 60. To put it in perspective if a Center who averaged 14/13/1.5/60% in 32 mpg became available in FA, a lot of teams would be all over him considering the new salary cap and all the money available. He's having a better/comparable year than DeAndre Jordan so far, who was supposed to be the best FA last year and Dwight's not even fully healthy yet. He'll still get you back some assets via trade, and I'd be surprised if he's not one of the most pursued FA's in the summer this year, assuming he opts out.

Not saying he's done, but I think he has about 3-4 years left before he falls off the map.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

The team won't be trading Harden or Howard. Les isn't paying luxury tax to tank and we would have to get the same salary back since we are hard capped. He wouldn't even allow Morey to tank after the Yao/T-Mac days when the roster was short on talent and payroll wasn't amongst the highest in the league.

Capela also isn't ready to replace Howard. It's been quite evident in the games Howard has missed. Now some of these role players may not be safe after 12/15, although I don't see who would want them based on their current level of play.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
The team won't be trading Harden or Howard. Les isn't paying luxury tax to tank and we would have to get the same salary back since we are hard capped. He wouldn't even allow Morey to tank after the Yao/T-Mac days when the roster was short on talent and payroll wasn't amongst the highest in the league.

Capela also isn't ready to replace Howard. It's been quite evident in the games Howard has missed. Now some of these role players may not be safe after 12/15, although I don't see who would want them based on their current level of play.

looked like Danny Ainge offered McHale a Job LMAO!
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Let's trade for Howard!!!

He can sit on the bench until he's tough enough.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Howard is damaged goods who can be a FA, I would think the Rockets would have to give picks to deal him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Howard is damaged goods who can be a FA, I would think the Rockets would have to give picks to deal him.

he will opt in for sure... Lakers dodged a massive sized Bullet
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

McHale wasn't the problem. The lack of leadership and defense from Harden is why that team Isn't good. It's why Scott Brooks didn't start him with OKC. He just doesn't care defensively.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: