No Lamar = No Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

No matter what he does, LO's not going to get credit from you people. WHEN we win the title, and LO is a part of this team, you'll just say we won IN SPITE of him. I'm tired of arguing this point. It's lame and childish and absolutely demolishes your credibility when you just flat-out hate the guy without seeing the real positives. :roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
No matter what he does, LO's not going to get credit from you people. WHEN we win the title, and LO is a part of this team, you'll just say we won IN SPITE of him. I'm tired of arguing this point. It's lame and childish and absolutely demolishes your credibility when you just flat-out hate the guy without seeing the real positives. :roll:

What has LO done to validate praise? If lo made 6mil a year i would Love him. unfortunate him making 12 hinders the teams ability to do a whole lot
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Way to overrate a role player ( bench player in a goo team like SA or Det )

Not even, put him on the Pistons and all things being equal, he'd start over Prince. He's simply a better all-around player. Especially given Flip's offensive mind. He'd use LO as a "do-it-all" guy, just as we have, but because he'd have LEGIT options to pass to he'd be VERY effective. Tayshaun is great, but having the ability to run PG for a team that has a PG who likes to and CAN score in Billups, is invaluable.

Exactly why we need someone else to run the offense. Get a true PG (or someone like Harp or Shaw) and put Lamar in the post so we can maximize his abilities.

Right now, he's in a position where the probability of success is realitively slim for him...or worse, a position where he can't succeed no matter how hard he tries.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

You do realize that any nightly double-double guy is going to demand a 10+ million dollar contract, right?
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
You do realize that any nightly double-double guy is going to demand a 10+ million dollar contract, right?

What has he done to validate praise? remember 10 good games and 10 bad games dont make for praise. That is avg. So what has he done?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we were able to pay each player how much they're actually worth, cause obviously LO isn't worth 12 million. But market value for a double-double guy is roughly 10+ million. Add on the ability to handle the rock as well as some PGs and average 5+ assists, you're looking at 12 million.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Figures. No answer just excuses, thats our LO
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

What has he done to validate praise? remember 10 good games and 10 bad games dont make for praise. That is avg. So what has he done?

Notice we're 0 for without Odom? It'll likely continue until he gets back. Just like with Kobe earlier. Notice that we went 2-19 to end the season without LO? And that was with Caron Butler having a GREAT stretch and "filling in" Odom's rebounds, cause Butler's average raised from around 5 to nearly 8 per game. For some reason, we still went 2-19.

Things that make you go...hmmm.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

What has Artest done to validate his contract? What has Boozer done to validate his? Rashard Lewis?

Figures. No answer just excuses, thats our LO haters.

But of course, I'm sure you'd trade LO for all three straight up.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Notice we're 0 for without Odom? It'll likely continue until he gets back. Just like with Kobe earlier. Notice that we went 2-19 to end the season without LO? And that was with Caron Butler having a GREAT stretch and "filling in" Odom's rebounds, cause Butler's average raised from around 5 to nearly 8 per game. For some reason, we still went 2-19.

Looks like we were losing with LO. These games of late have been par for course for this season. Seemed like others stats have gone up in regards to RB's and asst. Saw LO w/out kobe couldnt get one at home. You have no argument. If we were rolling with LO then maybe, but in the previous 3 road games on this trip he was god awful. Nope
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:

What has Artest done to validate his contract? What has Boozer done to validate his? Rashard Lewis?

Artest makes 6mil a year. I get it LO is as good as RLewis. i dont care about Boozer. I care about the Lakers
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Looks like we were losing with LO. These games of late have been par for course for this season. Seemed like others stats have gone up in regards to RB's and asst. Saw LO w/out kobe couldnt get one at home. You have no argument. If we were rolling with LO then maybe, but in the previous 3 road games on this trip he was god awful. Nope

Funny, I remember Lamar playing well in a stretch of road games at the beginning of December. Hmm, you want to choose his worst, I'll choose his best.

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:

Artest makes 6mil a year. I get it LO is as good as RLewis. i dont care about Boozer. I care about the Lakers

Yep. Artest makes 6 million per year. For a guy that is going to miss some 20 games per year, all at his OWN doing, I'd say he's HIGHLY overpaid.

At least you can count on Lamar to give you that "10+ million per year" double-double everynight. What does Artest give you on those nights when he's setting out, AGAIN, besides more angst and problems for the team's chemistry?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Funny, I remember Lamar playing well in a stretch of road games at the beginning of December. Hmm, you want to choose his worst, I'll choose his best.

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You proved My point. He is good and he is horrible=avg. Thanks homie His bad are worse than his good. But yes you are right. he has good games.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Just admit you have an OBVIOUS dislike for Lamar. It's obvious you do. Nothing the man does will be seen as "good enough" in your eyes. Admit you just plain out don't like him.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You proved My point. He is good and he is horrible=avg. Thanks homie His bad are worse than his good. But yes you are right. he has good games.

But you're proving MY point, LO will give you a near double-double EVERY single night EVEN when he's slumping. ANY player that can give you that, will DEMAND a double-double. Get over the contract. Considering we're only paying Mihm 4 million per year, I'd say we're making out even.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant,

you just admitted LO is inconsistent. It's February already, and you bring up games from December, which is 2 months ago, to back up LO...that's how bad he has been lately.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
magic_bryant,

you just admitted LO is inconsistent. It's February already, and you bring up games from December, which is 2 months ago, to back up LO...that's how bad he has been lately.

I know he's been bad lately. I can admit that. Some guys just take longer to pick up the triangle. Pippen was HORRIBLE in the triangle his first year. Over reliance on passing to MJ. Turnovers. Too passive. Inconsistent.

It takes time. It took Pippen a full year before he picked it up.

But, don't get me wrong, the right guy becomes available, I'd ship LO's arse out in a second. But the hate that the guy receives is unbelieveable. Every night, he keeps us in each game with his rebounding. No matter how many "other" guys CAN average, they WILL NOT limit the other team to one shot. Just as the Bobcats game proved, we will give up enough offensive rebounding opportunities to allow the opposition to extend all leads.

And it's not just Lamar's rebounding. It's his ability and "presence" to allow Kobe to do what he does best...score. Would Artest be able to give us all the things LO does? NO. He'd demand the ball in ISO's and that'd be that. Nevermind the fact that he wouldn't even be our best player, he'd still iso and be the player he always has been. The dude is a glorified ball-stopper.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Magic_Bryant is far from an Odom jocker.

He's inlove with Iggy. That's his SF.

BTW - Great posts and a ton of unbias takes, MB.

But you are wasting your time with Bounty. He is the biggest LO hater ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I know wolf. I actually like arguing with bounty though. It's all in good fun.

But yeah, I am by no means, an Odom jocker. My SF, initiator, is as wolfpac said, Iggy Pop. He's the perfect initiator. He has the handles, slashing ability, AND defense that LO AND ARTEST could give you, all rolled into one unbelieveable mix of aggression and unselfishness. Basically he's the closest thing to Pippen this league will likely see for a long while.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

btw, Any chances of being able to get Iggy?

I want him SOOOOOOO damn bad!!!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

M-B and I have been on the same page. We have just as much in common as not. I am not an LO hater if he was paid role player $$$$ OR if he actually got triple doubles OR if he was consistent. His inconsistency is the problem.. 10pts/11 RB's is not acceptable. he has regressed as well. Its not like 2 steps forward 1 step back. It has become 2 steps forward 2 steps back. What does that equal? LO for IGGey would be great
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

M-B and I have been on the same page. We have just as much in common as not. I am not an LO hater if he was paid role player $$$$ OR if he actually got triple doubles OR if he was consistent. His inconsistency is the problem.. 10pts/11 RB's is not acceptable. he has regressed as well. Its not like 2 steps forward 1 step back. It has become 2 steps forward 2 steps back. What does that equal? LO for IGGey would be great

DAMMIT!!! Now I'm back to being depressed cause we have LO instead of Iggy!!! Thanks alot wolf.

If anyone needs me, check the local highrise ledges.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

But what I don't understand, is why constantly let the negatives get to you. He is what he is. We can't get a better player that will FIT. We're not going to get Iguodala. We're not going to get Shawne Williams of Memphis in this year's draft. We're not going to get Kirilenko. We're stuck with LO until we decide to downgrade in talent and selflessness, like we would have had to do if we had traded for Artest.

Considering Mihm is being paid only 3.8 million this year, why not look at it from the perspective that we're getting two ABOVE average starters, for around 8 million per year each. Just don't let the negatives get to you so much. That's what gets to me.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

But what I don't understand, is why constantly let the negatives get to you. He is what he is. We can't get a better player that will FIT. We're not going to get Iguodala. We're not going to get Shawne Williams of Memphis in this year's draft. We're not going to get Kirilenko. We're stuck with LO until we decide to downgrade in talent and selflessness, like we would have had to do if we had traded for Artest.

Considering Mihm is being paid only 3.8 million this year, why not look at it from the perspective that we're getting two ABOVE average starters, for around 8 million per year each. Just don't let the negatives get to you so much. That's what gets to me.

I have to. I cant just except what the franchise is doing.This is really the only place we have to vent. They are basically saying "lets lose now, but MAYBE we can win later". I dont need RLewis for LO. His contract and supposed "value" gives us options. We can get 2 solid role guys for him and still manage to do what we are doing now w/l wise. I dont Blame LO for our Losses as I dont credit him for wins. Its clear watching this recent trip how bad our team really is. Lo has to be grouped in with those guys based strictly on his consistency. i mean Smush has good games like LO. I can sit here and start threads Showing pity for Kobe, or how great he is. Or we can abuse mitch. Or how bad our Supporting cast is. we cant, if we are honest with ourselves start thread praising LO's growth in the TRI. Thats a problem. he has not shown ONE BIT of undestanding it better now than at the beginning of the year. He has regressed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: