No Lamar = No Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Magic_Bryant is far from an Odom jocker.

He's inlove with Iggy. That's his SF.

BTW - Great posts and a ton of unbias takes, MB.

But you are wasting your time with Bounty. He is the biggest LO hater ever.

M-B and I have been on the same page. We have just as much in common as not. I am not an LO hater if he was paid role player $$$$ OR if he actually got triple doubles OR if he was consistent. His inconsistency is the problem.. 10pts/11 RB's is not acceptable. he has regressed as well. Its not like 2 steps forward 1 step back. It has become 2 steps forward 2 steps back. What does that equal? LO for IGGey would be great

But what I don't understand, is why constantly let the negatives get to you. He is what he is. We can't get a better player that will FIT. We're not going to get Iguodala. We're not going to get Shawne Williams of Memphis in this year's draft. We're not going to get Kirilenko. We're stuck with LO until we decide to downgrade in talent and selflessness, like we would have had to do if we had traded for Artest.

Considering Mihm is being paid only 3.8 million this year, why not look at it from the perspective that we're getting two ABOVE average starters, for around 8 million per year each. Just don't let the negatives get to you so much. That's what gets to me.

I have to. I cant just except what the franchise is doing.This is really the only place we have to vent. They are basically saying "lets lose now, but MAYBE we can win later". I dont need RLewis for LO. His contract and supposed "value" gives us options. We can get 2 solid role guys for him and still manage to do what we are doing now w/l wise. I dont Blame LO for our Losses as I dont credit him for wins. Its clear watching this recent trip how bad our team really is. Lo has to be grouped in with those guys based strictly on his consistency. i mean Smush has good games like LO. I can sit here and start threads Showing pity for Kobe, or how great he is. Or we can abuse mitch. Or how bad our Supporting cast is. we cant, if we are honest with ourselves start thread praising LO's growth in the TRI. Thats a problem. he has not shown ONE BIT of undestanding it better now than at the beginning of the year. He has regressed

Well, see I agree with all that. We really agree on this ssubject, we do. I just don't like the blame that is placed on LO's shoulders so often. It seems as if you and others expect LO to be some kind of world-beater. I don't expect him to be much more than he is.

What LO gives us in the short term, is a guy that allows Kobe to be Kobe and score tons of points giving the team a chance in every game. Yes, LO's lack of aggression causes more problems than we really need, but for the short term, he gives us a chance. And in 07', we can get a guy that compliments BOTH he AND Kobe. A player who can allow Kobe to "rest" more on defense, while also giving LO another option to pass to.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

But since he was mentioned, anyone have ANY idea on what it would take to get Iggy out of Philadelphia. He and Kobe are somewhat tight. Kobe was apparently wanting Shaq traded to the Clippers so that the Lakers could have received the Clips draft pick that year and used it to land Iggy.

Last I heard, Philly was CLOSE to sending Iggy out for Artest, but all of the Philly players were AGAINST Artest joining the team. Any ideas what it would take?
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Lo and picks may get Korver and iggy. I mean Korver hasnt been great.
PG
Ai
LO
CWEB
Dalembert
Allows LO to hide in the back and RB and get the ball to AI and Cwebb. No pressure on him. they may do it. It gives them a better chance to win NOW which is what they seem to want. Thats a pretty nice line up for AI 3 guys to board and get him the ball
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
PG
Ai
LO
CWEB
Dalembert
Allows LO to hide in the back and RB and get the ball to AI and Cwebb. No pressure on him. they may do it. It gives them a better chance to win NOW which is what they seem to want. Thats a pretty nice line up for AI 3 guys to board and get him the ball

Would that work, cap-wise.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Philly trades for Odom. They have Webber on a huge salary.

Noway I see them taking on another salary to that of Webber, Iverson, Dalambert and Korver.

Philly's financial situation is ugly. And if they traded Dalambert or Webber along with Iggy for Odom - their GM would be fired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Philly will not want to have 2 players with all star salary without being all stars
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Odom is only 26, so he still has time to improve.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Odom is only 26, so he still has time to improve.

But unlikely to happen.
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

the defense has been dreadful the last three games..thats the reason we are losing. no commitment to D. It wouldnt matter who was on the floor.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

drewdizown8 wrote:
the defense has been dreadful the last three games..thats the reason we are losing. no commitment to D. It wouldnt matter who was on the floor.

Hate to keep harping on this, but Smush is the main problem. Ever since it has become CLEAR he was this team's starting 1, he has quit TRYING on D, giving up on plays, gambling FAR too often, failing to put a hand in shooters' faces.

He's gotta get back to hanging his hat on his Defense.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
bounty wrote:
PG
Ai
LO
CWEB
Dalembert

Would that work, cap-wise.

Why would Philly trade a guy that defends and can finish + a legit outside threat, for a guy that is none of the above?

Unless they were convinced that THEY were the team that Lamar will FINALLY, breakout for and live up to his true potential, (unlike the previous 3 other teams), then I just don't see it. I would do it in a heartbeat though.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Comparing their last games, Odom had less 10 less points in more minutes than George. Odom had 5 more rebounds and two more assists but George had 4 more steals.
min FG% RBS assists TO STLS blocks points
Feb 4 (@ NOR) 29 53.3% 0 0 0 4 0 21
Feb 1 (@ IND) 35 33.3% 7 2 0 0 0 10

Why is Odom better. You claim that No Lamar=No Wins. The same could be said for George.Based upon comparative performance, it can be deduced that No George=No wins. Laker losses are due to the fact that Sasha, Walton, cannot make open shots and Walton, and Kwame can't guard anyone. Also, Mihm was missing a fact convieniently forgotten.The losses were caused by really bad defense.- lakers allowed 112 pts - Bobcats averge 95 PPG Against Hornets lakers allowed 106 PPG - Hornets average PPG is 92. Are you trying to tell us that Odom's "defence" would have made a difference? If we could have made the trade of Odom for Artest, Artest may have made the difference and thats the point. So the reality and bottom line is, No Artest=No Wins is much more believable and credible than No Lamar=No Wins.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
The Lakers have little to no good players outside of Kobe and Odom. It's not that Odom is good, it's that the Lakers aren't.

look, lets be serious. if you put these same guys on another team, minus the triangle, minuse the hollywood lights, camera action, kobe show(thats the way the media makes it no matter what happens). These guys would be as good as the pacers that we played minus most of their starters, they would be as good as bobcats & hornets.
But with all the L.A. hype it bothers people's game in a negative way for those who player here. for visitors it puts your game in the clouds. this is why people come here and put up career numbers. no matter if its this years lakers, shaq/kobe, or magic. same thing applied. the only difference, is that the 80's lakers were full of hall of famers. that could take the pressure(cap, worthy went to N.carolina and won a championship, magic(you know what he did), etc, etc). Kobe, Shaq(both of those guys were use to the excess hype, camera/hollywood media frenzy. and even use to people putting pressure on them to put their teams in the position to win. roberty horry was a champion already. Notice how it took awhile before we could get fisher and devean george to by in to the CLutchness. who is fisher and who is devean george? 2nd tier college players, with little to no hype.

^^^this is why these guys are losing to teams they have no business losing to. i promise you. you send chris mihm with caps assitance, back to boston, and he would be 18 and 10 and 1.5 blocks. period. one reason, its the east. two if he loses he wont have to here it all day long, every day. but here you do. this is L.A., this is the lakers, we WIn, thats all we know how to do. anything else is uncivilized.

you have to be a special breed to be able to deal with that. or be able to hide behind others who can deal with that. Like a kobe, shaq, robert horry, even fox wanted to be a hollywood star, or magic, cap, worthy. THese lakers need someone to hide behind. a guy like Paul pierce would be able to ball PRObably, because he knows how it is here, he's from L.A. BUt that could also be a problem. hearing your boys ask you why you let kobe take more shots then you. we dont need that. so what can the lakers do today? nothing. wait for two more of those types to come by via draft, trade(i dont think this kind of guys i out there), or hope & pray at least 2 of these guys will turn into 2 of those types.

seriously. its not just about stats, and points, or even defense. you can see it in the lakers eyes. this far in the season and they still look like "oh crap... I'm a Los Angeles Laker, oh wow, i cant believe it, I'm playing with Kobe bryant". like a little 8 year old fan or something. but thats what L.A. will do to you if you dont watch yourself.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject:

Odom needs to get healthy. This is his first season playing the triangle. According to Phil Jackson, it takes a season to learn 75-80% of the triangle. Odom is still in his first season learning. Players often improve between 26 and 28. According to Phil Jackson, a player's best years are between 28 and 32. Michael Jordan won his first Championship when he was 28. The best is yet to come with LO.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
When has LO ever won? I know we as of now have a 3 losses one win roadtrip. 2 losses LO was there and absolutely trash. LO has never been a winner. You cant argue that. you just cant

You're just sinking deeper and, deeper and looking more and more like you haven't a clue as to what the concept of reality is! Your campagn and it's whole dismal hateful administration is going to fizzle out like a dry fart very soon...

When LO gets back and puts a healthy balance back on this roster will be about your last day to run this bull (bleep)! I'm looking so forward!

Ok just for arguments sake, lets forget about LO's 6yr. history in tleague. I mean it means nothing. Lets just look at recent history. Currently we are on a disastrous road trip.
Detroit=l- LO was absolutely horrible. Kobe and Mihm only showed
NYK-W-LO was an absolute NO show fortunately Kobe dealt and its the Knicks
INDY-LO was absolutely trash. made Peja and anyone else LO was matched up against look like Hall of famers.
BOB- L- Same results as when LO was there
Horn- LSame as when LO was there.
So we can go just a little further back and continue to look at LO's horrendous play. OR I can do what I did the other day and bring back threads from earlier in the season that also show LO inconsistency. So you made it clear you are not a LAKERS fan. You are an LO fan . thats fine . However you should at least be knowledgable about the player you jock. I know if you were GM you too would pay LO 13mil a year.
But we do agree on one thing, he aint the worst member of the team, just the most overpaid. oh yea, cocnsistency IS NOT overated as you stated

30:13 4-7 1-1 2-5 2 11 13 4 3 3 5 1 11

what are you talking about no show in New York? There is nothing wrong with that line and 13 ribbies gave New York that many less opportunities!
STop straining bounty your making yourself look funny!

NO, nevermind! Keep it up! Only you would gripe about a double double! If it was anybody else but LO you would consider such a contribution good. But nnnnnnnnnnnooooo your campagn continues inspite of the fact that the team is struggling even worse without him you continue... You're wrong bounty and as the season progresses and the team improves you will continue to be exposed as a poor hater without a legit basis for his comedy! Your foolishness is doomed! Doomed I tell you!
At what point will you finally admit that you are nothing but a hater whose griping is based in pure bull (bleep) and means nothing? Nada! Zip!

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
Comparing their last games, Odom had less 10 less points in more minutes than George. Odom had 5 more rebounds and two more assists but George had 4 more steals.

Why is Odom better. You claim that No Lamar=No Wins. The same could be said for George.Based upon comparative performance, it can be deduced that No George=No wins. Laker losses are due to the fact that Sasha, Walton, cannot make open shots and Walton, and Kwame can't guard anyone. Also, Mihm was missing a fact convieniently forgotten.The losses were caused by really bad defense.- lakers allowed 112 pts - Bobcats averge 95 PPG Against Hornets lakers allowed 106 PPG - Hornets average PPG is 92. Are you trying to tell us that Odom's "defence" would have made a difference? If we could have made the trade of Odom for Artest, Artest may have made the difference and thats the point. So the reality and bottom line is, No Artest=No Wins is much more believable and credible than No Lamar=No Wins.

At the same time in this very same season the Lakers won games with Dev sitting on the bench for a large part of the game and playing only 10-15 while Profit was in the lineup. How about you explain that....
When "you folks" do the "apples and oranges" comparisons is when it is the most amusing... Strainging, straining for a case and failing miserably!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:

At the same time in this very same season the Lakers won games with Dev sitting on the bench for a large part of the game and playing only 10-15 while Profit was in the lineup. How about you explain that....
When "you folks" do the "apples and oranges" comparisons is when it is the most amusing... Strainging, straining for a case and failing miserably!

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

This thread hopefully will be proven wrong come Tuesday.

Though, the team I think we can steal a game against is Houston. Kobe always steps up against T-Mac and they have some interior defense against Yao in Kwame/Bynum.

Plus, the Rockets are a pretty bad home team.

Not having Odom and Mihm just plain sucks. No matter how much you hate a player, if he's a core player and he goes down - the team hurts significantly.

And now we've lost two core players.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't think Philly trades for Odom. They have Webber on a huge salary.

Noway I see them taking on another salary to that of Webber, Iverson, Dalambert and Korver.

Philly's financial situation is ugly. And if they traded Dalambert or Webber along with Iggy for Odom - their GM would be fired.

Fired right after being pistol whipped for a good solid 15 minutes....
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

But LO is an all-star. Iggy is just a potential guy. LO is "the man". Ask THE_SHOES. LO more than Validates his salary, and hes young. Imagine what he could do the 76s. hes made kobe the best player in the league
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
But LO is an all-star. Iggy is just a potential guy. LO is "the man". Ask THE_SHOES. LO more than Validates his salary, and hes young. Imagine what he could do the 76s. hes made kobe the best player in the league

Huh?

When has Shoes said that?

He said LO makes Kobe's job easier. He said that LO is a proven player in the NBA and has all-star talent.

Clearly LO is underachieving because he isn't an All-Star despite having the talent for it.

Your hate is becoming rather pathetic, Bounty.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

He said LO makes Kobe's job easier. He said that LO is a proven player in the NBA and has all-star talent.

Clearly LO is underachieving because he isn't an All-Star despite having the talent for it.

OK.
Then dont respond WOLFPACKER
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

It may be time to ignore him... I think he has finally completely lost it...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

It may be time to ignore him... I think he has finally completely lost it...

LO all-star talent you 2 are legendary
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: