No Lamar = No Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
But LO is an all-star. Iggy is just a potential guy. LO is "the man". Ask THE_SHOES. LO more than Validates his salary, and hes young. Imagine what he could do the 76s. hes made kobe the best player in the league

Huh?

When has Shoes said that?

He said LO makes Kobe's job easier. He said that LO is a proven player in the NBA and has all-star talent.

Clearly LO is underachieving because he isn't an All-Star despite having the talent for it.

Your hate is becoming rather pathetic, Bounty.

OK.
Then dont respond WOLFPACKER

Try a warm towel on your forehead and just lie down for a bit...
You're becoming hysterical...
It will be ok...

Poor dude... I knew he was close...As he has been making less sense than usual even for him...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
But LO is an all-star. Iggy is just a potential guy. LO is "the man". Ask THE_SHOES. LO more than Validates his salary, and hes young. Imagine what he could do the 76s. hes made kobe the best player in the league

Huh?

He said LO makes Kobe's job easier. He said that LO is a proven player in the NBA and has all-star talent.

Clearly LO is underachieving because he isn't an All-Star despite having the talent for it.

OK.

It will be ok...

Poor dude... I knew he was close...

LO Consistency is overated All star talent Potential THE_SHOES you are the man
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

OK.

It will be ok...

bounty you're hysterical man calm down... Now you're imagining things and you're actually morphing into God knows what. Dude, you've got me mistaken for somebody else. I have said many a thing about LO including the fact that he makes Kobe's job easier and you can laugh at that all you like but, no, I've yet to name him to the allstar squad so dude you are seriously trippin now....
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

OK.

It will be ok...

I've yet to name him to the allstar squad ....

yea. Now thats funny
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

OK.

It will be ok...

bounty you're hysterical man calm down... Now you're imagining things and you're actually morphing into God knows what. Dude, you've got me mistaken for somebody else. I have said many a thing about LO including the fact that he makes Kobe's job easier and you can laugh at that all you like but, no, I've yet to name him to the allstar squad so dude you are seriously trippin now....

None of my business, really...but I can vouch for bounty in that I, too, have seen you make those statements about LO in one form or another...
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
Steady Mobbin wrote:
last yr we only won 2 games after Lamar went out with that injury.

people love to bash Lamar but without Lamar we are back to being that same team who finished 2-18 last yr.

But he deserves a lot of criticism last two weeks. He simply did nothing. Our depth is so thin that we can't afford someone's injury.

Or course he deserves criticism - he's been terrible of late. However, anyone thinking he's "useless" (or whatever the typical over-the-top poster here says) has receieved a massive dose of reality juice the last two games without him.

Without Odom Kobe has to run the offense. He's back to where he was last year - working hard to get the ball upcourt, set up the offense, and then shoot before the 24 expires because it takes to long for him to do everything.

Rebounding is way down, and suddenly there isn't that 6-10 guy who can swoop to the hoop (he may only make 40% of his layups, but it still always attracts defenders away from Kobe and shooters).
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

ROFL
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

OK.

It will be ok...

None of my business, really...but I can vouch for bounty in that I, too, have seen you make those statements about LO in one form or another...

You're right it really isn't and, both of you are lying out of your you know what as your imaginations have gone beserk with that hatred. I'm not one of the ones calling LO an allstar this season. Hell he hasn't been able to assert anything to make him an allstar this season. Stop talking trash and find the post because as of right now you and bounty are out of your frigging minds if you think you caught me calling LO an allstar. I sure did say one of the reasons Kobe is having a stellar year is because LO has reduced his work load and I'll say it again. LO could be an allstar, why not? He has all the tools. He isn't an allstar in the West this year though. Had he stayed with Miami, could be. You guys don't know. I don't either but, one thing is for sure neither of us has a right to make claim one way or the other since LO is in the west with a young team trying to learn a system that you impatient folks refuse to let materialize...
Find the post or leave it alone gentleman. It is a lie...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:

Huh?

OK.

It will be ok...

You're right it really isn't and, both of you are lying out of your you know what as your imaginations have gone beserk with that hatred. I'm not one of the ones calling LO an allstar this season. Hell he hasn't been able to assert anything to make him an allstar this season. Stop talking trash and find the post because as of right now you and bounty are out of your frigging minds if you think you caught me calling LO an allstar. I sure did say one of the reasons Kobe is having a stellar year is because LO has reduced his work load and I'll say it again. LO could be an allstar, why not? He has all the tools. He isn't an allstar in the West this year though. Had he stayed with Miami, could be. You guys don't know. I don't either but, one thing is for sure neither of us has a right to make claim one way or the other since LO is in the west with a young team trying to learn a system that you impatient folks refuse to let materialize...
Find the post or leave it alone gentleman. It is a lie...

Again, your failure to recognize reality is becoming scary. Dont tell, consistency is overated
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Lamar has been missed.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
Comparing their last games, Odom had less 10 less points in more minutes than George. Odom had 5 more rebounds and two more assists but George had 4 more steals.
min FG% RBS assists TO STLS blocks points
Feb 4 (@ NOR) 29 53.3% 0 0 0 4 0 21
Feb 1 (@ IND) 35 33.3% 7 2 0 0 0 10

Why is Odom better. You claim that No Lamar=No Wins. The same could be said for George.Based upon comparative performance, it can be deduced that No George=No wins. Laker losses are due to the fact that Sasha, Walton, cannot make open shots and Walton, and Kwame can't guard anyone. Also, Mihm was missing a fact convieniently forgotten.The losses were caused by really bad defense.- lakers allowed 112 pts - Bobcats averge 95 PPG Against Hornets lakers allowed 106 PPG - Hornets average PPG is 92. Are you trying to tell us that Odom's "defence" would have made a difference? If we could have made the trade of Odom for Artest, Artest may have made the difference and thats the point. So the reality and bottom line is, No Artest=No Wins is much more believable and credible than No Lamar=No Wins.

At the same time in this very same season the Lakers won games with Dev sitting on the bench for a large part of the game and playing only 10-15 while Profit was in the lineup. How about you explain that....
When "you folks" do the "apples and oranges" comparisons is when it is the most amusing... Strainging, straining for a case and failing miserably!

Laker PPG ave = 98.6 PPG
Against Charlotte without Odom but with Mihmthe Lakers scored 102 pts or 3 above their ave ppg
Against Hornets without Odom and without Mihm Lakers scored 90 pts or 8 below their average.
So far with odom gone the lakers are + 3 -8=-5 pts below their average. Note that with Mihm in and Odom gone Lakers scored 3 pts more than their average PPG. With both Mihm gone and Odom gone, lakers are a measly -8 pts below ther ppg. If the negative 8 point Laker disadvantage in the Hornet game is split a/c of both Odom and Mihm being out{ -4 for Odom and -4 for Mihm}, then:.

After all is said and done Odom's absence has accounted for a measly -1 pt Laker disadvantaage=+ 3 -4 =-1 - meaning that there is no support to the proposition that Lakers are losing solely because Odom is gone. [i]Mihm being gone and lakers lousy defense is at least as significant as Odom being gone with regards to Laker losses.[/i]
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

When both the assists leader and the inside player are gone, it definitely hurts. It's not just how many points the Lakers score. It's also how many they allow. Mihm is the eraser, the last line of defense. He also is much of the inside game. The Lakers were horrible in the paint. Lamar is also the rebounds leader.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
When both the assists leader and the inside player are gone, it definitely hurts. It's not just how many points the Lakers score. It's also how many they allow. Mihm is the eraser, the last line of defense. He also is much of the inside game. The Lakers were horrible in the paint. Lamar is also the rebounds leader.

Yes, totaly correct. Mihm has been missed defensively.Also agree that Odom is a good rebounder but Odom has to score more than 14 ppg and has to be greater than 22nd on the assist list for the Lakers to win.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Anyone remember Ghostbusters II?

When anytime someone was anger or hateful in NYC it was building up all
this pink slim in the sewers and under the city? Until one day it errupted?

These Laker losses are tearing us apart!

The pink slime is bubbling under LGtropolis...
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

>538<

(LINK)

Ross Siler, Staff Writer wrote:
Also: The Lakers are now 0-4 this season when either Bryant or Odom misses a game. ... There was no injury update Sunday for Mihm and Odom.

Yes, Lakers without Kobe or Odom are 0-4.

Sniff...

You Can't Always Get What You Want
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

No kobe no win for sure !!

No odom !!! who cares ??? 8)
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

This topic makes me Like so many people have said, this guy does not play inspired ball. You LO supporters can support him all you want, but this system doesn't work for him, nor does he work for this system. Perhaps elsewhere he can be of service, but not for the Lakers.
DP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys..1,2,3...let's blame Lamar for the last 2 losses of the Lakers. I told you LO has no business being a Laker, he has no passion, no heart, no skills, etc.. It's Lamar's fault period. It's all about LO. Uh-uh Shaq has company on LO for the most hated player in this site.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Guys, the way we're going, we need ALL THE HELP that we can get. I think Odom will flourish being a third option......Who's gonna be the second? What would the Odom haters like to do with Odom that we can REALISTICALLY do right now? I think maybe acquire an Eric Williams here, a Brevin Knight there and a Reggie Evans to boot. (Maybe Spree but only when we're getting desperate)
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
Comparing their last games, Odom had less 10 less points in more minutes than George. Odom had 5 more rebounds and two more assists but George had 4 more steals.
min FG% RBS assists TO STLS blocks points
Feb 4 (@ NOR) 29 53.3% 0 0 0 4 0 21
Feb 1 (@ IND) 35 33.3% 7 2 0 0 0 10

Why is Odom better. You claim that No Lamar=No Wins. The same could be said for George.Based upon comparative performance, it can be deduced that No George=No wins. Laker losses are due to the fact that Sasha, Walton, cannot make open shots and Walton, and Kwame can't guard anyone. Also, Mihm was missing a fact convieniently forgotten.The losses were caused by really bad defense.- lakers allowed 112 pts - Bobcats averge 95 PPG Against Hornets lakers allowed 106 PPG - Hornets average PPG is 92. Are you trying to tell us that Odom's "defence" would have made a difference? If we could have made the trade of Odom for Artest, Artest may have made the difference and thats the point. So the reality and bottom line is, No Artest=No Wins is much more believable and credible than No Lamar=No Wins.

At the same time in this very same season the Lakers won games with Dev sitting on the bench for a large part of the game and playing only 10-15 while Profit was in the lineup. How about you explain that....
When "you folks" do the "apples and oranges" comparisons is when it is the most amusing... Strainging, straining for a case and failing miserably!

Laker PPG ave = 98.6 PPG
Against Charlotte without Odom but with Mihmthe Lakers scored 102 pts or 3 above their ave ppg
Against Hornets without Odom and without Mihm Lakers scored 90 pts or 8 below their average.
So far with odom gone the lakers are + 3 -8=-5 pts below their average. Note that with Mihm in and Odom gone Lakers scored 3 pts more than their average PPG. With both Mihm gone and Odom gone, lakers are a measly -8 pts below ther ppg. If the negative 8 point Laker disadvantage in the Hornet game is split a/c of both Odom and Mihm being out{ -4 for Odom and -4 for Mihm}, then:.

After all is said and done Odom's absence has accounted for a measly -1 pt Laker disadvantaage=+ 3 -4 =-1 - meaning that there is no support to the proposition that Lakers are losing solely because Odom is gone. [i]Mihm being gone and lakers lousy defense is at least as significant as Odom being gone with regards to Laker losses.[/i]

....it's been two games. Use your eyes. Numbers don't work with a sample this small.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: