ESPN set to air "30 for 30" on Buffalo Bills on December 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: ESPN set to air "30 for 30" on Buffalo Bills on December 12

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/11/09/espn-set-to-air-30-for-30-on-bills-on-dec-12/

Quote:
ESPN set to air "30 for 30" on Bills on Dec. 12

ESPN has set an air date and given a title to the long-awaited “30 for 30” film on the Buffalo Bills teams of the early 1990s that made it to four straight Super Bowls, only to lose them all.

The title of the two-hour film is “Four Falls of Buffalo" and it will air on Saturday, Dec. 12 immediately after the Heisman Trophy presentation.

The installment of the critically-acclaimed documentary film series includes interviews with Hall of Famers Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Marv Levy and Bill Polian.

Here is an edited summary of the NFL Films production directed by Ken Rodgers, whose previous credits include the “30 for 30” film, “Elway to Marino”:

“The 1990-93 Buffalo Bills are the only team to play in four straight Super Bowls. They brought warmth and heart to one of the NFL’s coldest and smallest cities. Five of their players and the coach are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Yet their very name would become the butt of a cruel joke: “BILLS stands for ‘Boy I Love Losing Super Bowls.’” In this poignant and vivid remembrance… those teams are restored to their proper place in history. Yes, viewers will feel the anguish of kicker Scott Norwood after Super Bowl XXV. But they’ll also get a sense of how resilient the man, the franchise and the city really are.”

I must admit I never heard that cruel joke before. But other than the joke, it sounds like the film is extremely positive to the franchise and the city.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Bills defied the conventional cliche of no one remembers who is 2nd. They are remembered more for those 4 losses than the 4 teams that won those titles.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject:

They were the Brooklyn Dodgers of the NFL: A bunch of lovable losers that you hoped would get lucky, but your inner-voice told you they were destined for punch-lines and individual HOF honors rather than dynastic championships.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Bills defied the conventional cliche of no one remembers who is 2nd. They are remembered more for those 4 losses than the 4 teams that won those titles.

I think the Dallas Cowboys were remembered more than Buffalo although to be fair those Dallas teams were amazing. Dallas won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and were 3 for 3 in the Super Bowl. I still wonder what happens to that team if Jimmy Johnson stayed.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
They were the Brooklyn Dodgers of the NFL: A bunch of lovable losers that you hoped would get lucky, but your inner-voice told you they were destined for punch-lines and individual HOF honors rather than dynastic championships.

I don't remember them as loveable. Maybe because I was a (God help me) Raider fan at the time? Yipes.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I don't remember them as loveable. Maybe because I was a (God help me) Raider fan at the time? Yipes.

I didn't love them in fact I was glad when they lost all those SB's because they were a division rival at the time even if I didn't like their opposition either.

That being said what they did was memorable of itself if they actually won one of those they would be remembered beyond a punchline.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:

You got the Cowboys with B2B. I think one of the winners were the Native American Skin Color Descriptors. I remember the Giants as well. Not saying you're wrong, though, even if you can come up with the 4 winners. Who remembers the Giants or the uh.... Washington DC? Valid point. It's the same kinda thing as how the Fab 5 are notoriously remembered for Webber's travel & time out instead of NC winning the game with Lynch and Montross and Donald Williams as their best players. The next 4-5 winners from 94 on (Arkansas for Chrissakes) were much less remembered than that losing Michigan team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: