Byron on D'Angelo: "He's gotta earn my Trust, be our Facilitator, stick within the System"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

The other pink elephant in the room is Kobe starting. I would make the argument of starting Russell, Clarkson, Young, Nance, and Hibbert. Young has been adequate on D and he is our best spot-up shooter. Clarkson has shown he is a solid spot-up shooter as well.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
The other pink elephant in the room is Kobe starting. I would make the argument of starting Russell, Clarkson, Young, Nance, and Hibbert. Young has been adequate on D and he is our best spot-up shooter. Clarkson has shown he is a solid spot-up shooter as well.

Why would you do that when the off and def efficiency numbers for the starters are off the charts? Russel/Clarkson/Kobe(MWP)/Randle/Hibbert have been playing great together.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Why would you do that when the off and def efficiency numbers for the starters are off the charts? Russel/Clarkson/Kobe(MWP)/Randle/Hibbert have been playing great together.

That is a more balanced lineup that has rarely played together.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject:

We had 15 assists on our first 16 shots made last game with Kobe directing the triangle out there, and you want Young and Nance starting because its more balanced .

The stats already show our starting 5 is fine when they are on the court together. Perhaps the lineup you suggest can be on the court at sometime during the game, with Young for Kobe and Nance for Randle being the first subs. That'd be cool and I'd like to see that line up together as well. But the starting lineup looks to be fine at the moment. Randle is too good not to start, he needs his playing time. Our problem is the rotations and BS's substitutions
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Scott is right on one thing at least - Kobe brings some stability to this young unit. This should not mean to play Kobe 30+ minutes, but there is a strong positive in the last games in Kobe starting.

I would still consider starting Kelly instead of Randle because as a shooter he would make the paint less crowded. But this is definitely the last trouble for the Lakers at this moment.

First things first, and the first thing is to stop playing Bass at C.
#FreeTarikBlack

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
We had 15 assists on our first 16 shots made last game with Kobe directing the triangle out there, and you want Young and Nance starting because its more balanced .

The stats already show our starting 5 is fine when they are on the court together. Perhaps the lineup you suggest can be on the court at sometime during the game, with Young for Kobe and Nance for Randle being the first subs. That'd be cool and I'd like to see that line up together as well. But the starting lineup looks to be fine at the moment. Randle is too good not to start, he needs his playing time. Our problem is the rotations and BS's substitutions

So you're basing something on one game? I'd be happy to see the comparison on those lineups but unfortunately the 2nd lineup hasn't been out there much. Nance and Young will make our defense better which is something most people don't consider.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

So you're basing something on one game? I'd be happy to see the comparison on those lineups but unfortunately the 2nd lineup hasn't been out there much. Nance and Young will make our defense better which is something most people don't consider.

our off AND def efficiency stats of our starters have been great for several games now, whether it was Kobe or MWP starting. MWP alone has raised the overall intensity of our defense more than anyone else when he's on the court. Our starters are playing well. You should be more worried about Lou at PG, Bass at C, and the 2nd unit in general than Kobe/Randle being benched for Nick and Nance. Nick does need more minutes though instead of Kobe playing 37.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
I still have the feeling that Scott finishes out the year with Kobe, and we move in a new direction coaching-wise in time for free agency.

I completely agree. Hopefully, they take Jim with them.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

The Faceman wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
I still have the feeling that Scott finishes out the year with Kobe, and we move in a new direction coaching-wise in time for free agency.

I completely agree. Hopefully, they take Jim with them.

Not just Jim, but Jeanie has a big part of the blame too especially that Kobe contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: