Official 2015: In Season trade Rumor/speculation thread (Lakers related only please)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 214, 215, 216  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Calv1n Klein wrote:
My story of the Lakers getting involved in the Griffin talks is true .. but because there is so many trolls signing up on this site they think am a cricket.

True or not, that is a dumb move by the Clippers to trade him because of the incident. If they are trading him because they don't they can win with him, that is a different story. DO they think they can pair or have confirmation that Durant will pair up with Paul here? These are all possibilities.

But dumb move for the Clippers to get worse right now, instead of giving it one more go in the playoffs with Griffin as a centerpiece. If they want to trade him they trade him later, no? or is the hand a concern now?

* Who do the Nuggets trade? Fareid, Mudiay, Gallinari? Where does that get the Clippers?

Last edited by Lakers#1fan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I do believe Griffin will be traded. Doc's job is on the line and Griffin will be a FA next summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

If Blake can get you say, Crowder/Nets 1st (2016), would help the Clips this year and next year while given the Celts their "star." Plus, Blake's a-hole antics are probably beloved by Celtics fans.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I think Doc want proven players back not picks. He's trying to win not rebuild.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

My guess is the Clippers have no desire to move Blake, but there are likely a few parties behind the scenes making things uncomfortable for the clippers and the league.

I get that a lot of sports fans, including myself, want to think about the situation as unfortunate, but something that sometimes happens between young males....sometimes a dude jacks another dude over words, etc.

But the league is trying very hard to present itself as a socially aware profession, hence these guys are professionals and have a job just like most Americans. When you take the "gut feeling" out of the equation, it is difficult to justify suspending guys for a year, cancelling contracts, near banning professional athletes for striking a girlfriend, or how a child is disciplined....then a slap on the wrist for physically attacking a co-worker.

There is no other "professional" occupation that could take place, and the individual not lose their job and likely be blacklisted from the entire industry. My guess is the NBA may at least be considering if it would appear better if Blake showed back up in another city, and sell that as similar to losing his current position.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Crowder was almost an all-star. I'm saying that would be the formation of the trade. Could add other fillers, but you get present (Crowder) and future (Nets pick).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Perhaps so since CP3 isn't getting any younger.

But if Boston would be aggressive in pursuit of Blake, maybe another team would be willing to step in to facilitate by taking some of what Ainge is offering and send Doc what he he wants.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Crowder was almost an all-star. I'm saying that would be the formation of the trade. Could add other fillers, but you get present (Crowder) and future (Nets pick).
He's a good player but Griffin's value is worth much more then that. Doc wouldn't do that deal. I think he'd want someone like Paul George or Jimmy Butler.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Blake is not that good. Not a stretch 4. Not a good 5 in small ball. Forget him. I like Randle more. More energy and mor important: more heart!
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
. Blake Griffin - F - Clippers
The 76ers had discussions with the Clippers about Blake Griffin, according to Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio.
OK. First and foremost, a discussion about a trade doesn't seem like much. Secondly, the 76ers dealing for Griffin would be one of the most shocking developments of all time. For now, it's safe to assume this won't happen.
Related: 76ers
Source: Sam Amico on Twitter Feb 5 - 3:10 PM

It is Sam Amico so doubt there's truth
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He's a good player but Griffin's value is worth much more then that. Doc wouldn't do that deal. I think he'd want someone like Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

They're not getting that for him b/c his hand's broken and he may not be ready for the playoffs.

I think you are totally undervaluing Crowder. He may be a top 5-6 wing defender in the NBA, and ALSO getting a possible top 3 pick is a coup for the Clippers.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Denver makes the most sense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Would it be something like Faried/Gallo/draft picks?

Wouldn't Blake likely bolt Denver in 2017?
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Celtics make the most sense for Griffin.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1fan wrote:
Calv1n Klein wrote:
My story of the Lakers getting involved in the Griffin talks is true .. but because there is so many trolls signing up on this site they think am a cricket.

True or not, that is a dumb move by the Clippers to trade him because of the incident. If they are trading him because they don't they can win with him, that is a different story. DO they think they can pair or have confirmation that Durant will pair up with Paul here? These are all possibilities.

But dumb move for the Clippers to get worse right now, instead of giving it one more go in the playoffs with Griffin as a centerpiece. If they want to trade him they trade him later, no? or is the hand a concern now?

* Who do the Nuggets trade? Fareid, Mudiay, Gallinari? Where does that get the Clippers?

It would probably be Faried, Gallinari, Barton. Maybe Houston's first rounder.

Honestly, I think that's a good deal for the Clips.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

At a minimum, maybe the Clippers are letting these "rumors" get out to make sure Blake understands the seriousness of his actions....nothing will scare a star in his prime straight more than the thought of getting shipped to Philly.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Would it be something like Faried/Gallo/draft picks?

Wouldn't Blake likely bolt Denver in 2017?

Maybe he bolts. But he'd also be the unquestioned star there and have more freedom and opportunity in that offense.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakers#1fan wrote:
Calv1n Klein wrote:

It would probably be Faried, Gallinari, Barton. Maybe Houston's first rounder.

Honestly, I think that's a good deal for the Clips.

Since he isn't locked up on a long term contract, Doc will have to temper his expectations.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Another reason for Denver to do it: they become a tanking team.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

well, as expected, you can just eliminate the last few pages of Griffin speculation. Also, why are there TWO threads for this one subject?

Dan Woike: Sources: Denver reached out and asked about Blake Griffin but Clippers weren’t interested. Not much discussion
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Randle, Clarkson, Hibbert, Lou, Nick Young for Blake and Lance
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1fan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
I'd do JC randle for Blake in a heartbeat..

Really?...Really?? In a heartbeat.

I don't think this trade makes us any better at all. We have a mini Griffin in Randle. Clarkson is a keeper (valuable role player).

This is Randles first season and we are giving up on him? How many seasons has Griffin played before he's playing consistent basketball like this? Answer that question for me.

I say we don't break up this young core of Russell, Randle, and Clarkson. They deserve a chance by themselves next year.

Hopefully we can get Simmons. I like the position this team is in currently.

Highlighted is my response. Not savvy enough to fix this post from my phone:

Glad to see I am not the only one that is not overly excited about this trade idea. And of trading away the young core before knowing what they have to offer.

Just my opinion, but giving these guys a couple years to develop while adding to the team every free agency. I know that contradicts the fantasy dream team free agency this summer.

Instead of a complete overhaul philosophy, why not fill the weaknesses. Not saying the Lakers should not do their due diligence with Durant or other top free agents. Just not be held hostage by the pursuit.

Having pitifully bad seasons added some interesting young players. How about letting them develop instead of trying to find new ways to trade them away.

Before you google that. Griffin was drafted in 2009. Do the math, and give these kids a chance. You don't want to be kicking yourself 2 years down the line when Griffin's explosiveness is gone.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1fan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I don't think this trade makes us any better at all. We have a mini Griffin in Randle. Clarkson is a keeper (valuable role player).

This is Randles first season and we are giving up on him? How many seasons has Griffin played before he's playing consistent basketball like this? Answer that question for me.

I say we don't break up this young core of Russell, Randle, and Clarkson. They deserve a chance by themselves next year.

Before you google that. Griffin was drafted in 2009. Do the math, and give these kids a chance. You don't want to be kicking yourself 2 years down the line when Griffin's explosiveness is gone.

If you can trade JC and Randle for Blake you do it. That makes KD think twice about coming here. We would be able to Max KD and Whiteside because Blake is only making like 20 million next year. We would still have to dump Lou or Nick
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

They're not getting that for him b/c his hand's broken and he may not be ready for the playoffs.

I think you are totally undervaluing Crowder. He may be a top 5-6 wing defender in the NBA, and ALSO getting a possible top 3 pick is a coup for the Clippers.

just because zach lowe a celtics homer says Crowder can be a central asset to get love doesn't mean he is that good

he is ok not somebody who can get u a superstar. ya ya i know he punched a guy and what not
Lakers#1fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Lakers#1fan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

If you can trade JC and Randle for Blake you do it. That makes KD think twice about coming here. We would be able to Max KD and Whiteside because Blake is only making like 20 million next year. We would still have to dump Lou or Nick

Blake Griffin is not a winner. Durant, Griffin, Russell, Whiteside, and ???.

That is not a winning team. GRIFFIN is the problem! You can not win with him. If you want to get him as a way to attract Durant...fine. But you are losing a potential Star in Randle at the same time as well as Clarkson. Not worth it I believe.

We have to look at what are we losing, not just the gain( which is short term like I said in my previous posts). Griffin is a two year German sports car that will break down. Not a Japanese sports car(Randle)that will last long term and can be modded to better than that german sports car.

Last edited by Lakers#1fan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
Page 124 of 216
Jump to: