Official 2015: In Season trade Rumor/speculation thread (Lakers related only please)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 214, 215, 216  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But with Harris/Randle, where's the perimeter defense at the SF spot? Seems to me Harris is best as a small ball PF.

Elite perimeter defense at SF is needed if we keep the Clarkson at SG and Russel at PG. If we get barnes for example and start him at SG..we have good defense and god 3PT shooting.. Russel/Barnes/Harris/Randle

With DD or Clarkson at SG, not so much... Anyway I would not make any major trade now(unlesswe get a first option player)..I would wait to see what we get in the draft...

DRoz isn't an all NBA defender, but he's worlds ahead of JC, particularly b/c at 6'7, 220 he's not bullied around by guards.

I've suggested pairing someone like Marvin Williams or Lance Thomas with DRoz. Both these guys can also play PF too, which we could use in terms of a stretch PF.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But with Harris/Randle, where's the perimeter defense at the SF spot? Seems to me Harris is best as a small ball PF.

Elite perimeter defense at SF is needed if we keep the Clarkson at SG and Russel at PG. If we get barnes for example and start him at SG..we have good defense and god 3PT shooting.. Russel/Barnes/Harris/Randle

With DD or Clarkson at SG, not so much... Anyway I would not make any major trade now(unlesswe get a first option player)..I would wait to see what we get in the draft...

DRoz isn't an all NBA defender, but he's worlds ahead of JC, particularly b/c at 6'7, 220 he's not bullied around by guards.

I've suggested pairing someone like Marvin Williams or Lance Thomas with DRoz. Both these guys can also play PF too, which we could use in terms of a stretch PF.

The league is so perimeter oriented nowadays, I'm open to starting DRoz at the SF.
With his lack of 3PT shooting. It's ideal to have 3 other players on the court with him that can spread the floor out to the 3PT line.
If he's at the SF, you can put two guards and 1 forward with range out there with him. As opposed to one guard and two forwards.
First option probably leads to better offensive spacing. Second option probably leads to better defense.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The main concern with DD, Harris and Randle was outside shooting.. 0.311 3P% Harris and 0.316 3P% DD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lewis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The league is so perimeter oriented nowadays, I'm open to starting DRoz at the SF.
With his lack of 3PT shooting. It's ideal to have 3 other players on the court with him that can spread the floor out to the 3PT line.
If he's at the SF, you can put two guards and 1 forward with range out there with him. As opposed to one guard and two forwards.
First option probably leads to better offensive spacing. Second option probably leads to better defense.

Toronto has closed with Lowry/Joseph at guard, and DRoz at SF. So he's already comfortable with that. I could see the Lakers going with DLO/JC/DRoz as a closing group.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

If either DeRozan or KD join the team, I think you need a low usage, 3 & D guy getting 25-28 minutes on the wing.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
If either DeRozan or KD join the team, I think you need a low usage, 3 & D guy getting 25-28 minutes on the wing.

like?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

like?

Anthony Brown! Brandon Ingram? Somebody signed in 2017...?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

What about Marvin Williams? Lance Thomas? Jared Dudley? I like these guys b/c they can also play small ball PF to cover for Randle's lack of range.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

like?

Anthony Brown after an absolutely amazing summer?

Nicolas Batum, Kent Bazemore, Chandler Parsons, Arron Afflalo, & Courtney Lee are UFAs that come to mind. Not a lot of 3&D guys on the lower tier.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

What about Marvin Williams? Lance Thomas? Jared Dudley? I like these guys b/c they can also play small ball PF to cover for Randle's lack of range.

I like those guys too, but IMO you need someone who can defend SGs & SFs. I can't picture any of them defending SGs nowadays.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

like?

Nicolas Batum, Kent Bazemore, Chandler Parsons, Arron Afflalo, & Courtney Lee are UFAs that come to mind. Not a lot of 3&D guys on the lower tier.

Batum, probably can't afford.

Parsons, I never knew he could D.

Affalo ... tooo small so KD has to play the 4. Same thing w/Courtney Lee.

One guy I like ..

Ryan Anderson he definitely hits the 3 but not so much on D.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I like those guys too, but IMO you need someone who can defend SGs & SFs. I can't picture any of them defending SGs nowadays.

Sure. But I think with possible spacing issues, a forward capable of playing stretch PF should be a priority too. Randle/Nance, I don't think they'll be that by next year.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I would stay away from Dudley. Didn't he let himself get fat a few years ago. I mean this is your job and you get paid not to get fat.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

like?

Batum, probably can't afford.

Parsons, I never knew he could D.

Affalo ... tooo small so KD has to play the 4. Same thing w/Courtney Lee.

One guy I like ..

Ryan Anderson he definitely hits the 3 but not so much on D.

Lee or Afflalo would play the 2. I haven't paid much attention to Parsons' D in the last couple of years, but he was a very good defender in the past. Anderson would be defending different guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I would stay away from Dudley. Didn't he let himself get fat a few years ago. I mean this is your job and you get paid not to get fat.

No. He's really got himself in better shape. Lots of teams will be after him this summer. He's basically an assistant coach out there. Just does the right thing every time.

I still can't believe the Clips gave him up. He's literally the missing link there.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

No. He's really got himself in better shape. Lots of teams will be after him this summer. He's basically an assistant coach out there. Just does the right thing every time.

I still can't believe the Clips gave him up. He's literally the missing link there.

Why not? He was pretty bad that year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I like Williams. Think he is often overlooked because he did not become what many expected....but he is still a solid NBA player that can make almost any team better with his versatility.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Why not? He was pretty bad that year.

He was injured. Dudley said Doc asked him to play injured, and then summarily traded him. Did him bad.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

don't want dudley & his big mouth
Slash&Splash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't consider Parsons as an option. He's pretty much a lock to stay in Dallas considering how Cuban and Carlisle have sold him on the misguided (or more likely (bleep)) notion that he'll be the centerpiece of the team going forward.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Well Kobe and nance Jr. seem to get along. And nance said something more offensive.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Well Kobe and nance Jr. seem to get along. And nance said something more offensive.

kobe is not even going to be here. thats not the issue, issue is his age and his game
QuadDouble
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

what happened to us getting blake???

vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

No to Dudley dude is a smaller Brian cook no thank you
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Exactly.

Even w/o those players I still think we need one. Another name is Brandon Rush.

I'd love to snag him and Livingston to bring some continuity with Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
Page 133 of 216
Jump to: