****Warriors vs Lakers (11/24)****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Why does anyone pay to go see Laker games? I wouldn't spend hard earned money on this trash.

Well according to Jim Buss, we should be excited because we have "turned the corner".

Sometimes, when I read that comment, he is really taking liberty with that statement.
farmarisfuture
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Feeling bad for Kobe.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Why does anyone pay to go see Laker games? I wouldn't spend hard earned money on this trash.

Well according to Jim Buss, we should be excited because we have "turned the corner".

Sometimes, when I read that comment, he is really taking liberty with that statement.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I love how Dave Miller is bagging on DLo and Clarkson for their defense yet, Kobe and Scott are untouchable.

Twc sucks.

Dlo checked Klay in the first quarter to the tune of an 0-6 start. Dave Miller is nuts.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Turn was so sharp we're going back the other way.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I love how Dave Miller is bagging on DLo and Clarkson for their defense yet, Kobe and Scott are untouchable.

Twc sucks.

That's straight up delusion.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

At first the Warriors were a likable team to me especially when they beat the Cavs but now their fanbase is starting to get annoying.. Yes they're doing amazing things right now but they are acting like they sh*t excellence, they forget history and that their franchise has been mediocre for most of it's history and they bag on they Lakers so much only because they finally get to beat up on the team that's been dominating the league for so long
xenojoey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is the joke of the NBA. Should've retired a champ instead
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Man, I really hate seeing that useless (bleep) Luke Walton humiliate us on national television.

You do realize hes the first coach in NBA history to lead his team (as a coach) to a 16-0 record.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
At first the Warriors were a likable team to me especially when they beat the Cavs but now their fanbase is starting to get annoying.. Yes they're doing amazing things right now but they are acting like they sh*t excellence, they forget history and that their franchise has been mediocre for most of it's history and they bag on they Lakers so much only because they finally get to beat up on the team that's been dominating the league for so long

Dude that's exactly what a lot of people said about the lakers and celtics fans during their hey day. It happens. The warriors fans have paid their dues. Hey have sat through the teams that sucked. It's their moment to shine and their team is a phenom in the modern era. Don't hate the Warriors hate the FO that gambled a few times and lost. Lost big.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

Their fans have always been unlikeable they were just trash talking quietly. I said last year during the playoffs and finals if they come out ahead a new unbearable breed of 'fans' would be unleashed. The start of this season facilitated that even further.

They're massively defensive about EVERYTHING anyone says about their team and they along with their media try to stir up drama with every other team's fan base with this 'chip on the shoulder' mentality they keep fabricating to make their existence seem more worthwhile.

Everything's a slight or passive aggressive attack against them... comments from fans, coaches, players. It's a ridiculous complex. I hope they go 82-0 and get bounced in the 1st round. The fans reactions would be glorious.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

The entire league is reveling in our temporary state of mediocrity

Last edited by pio2u on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

Just flash your Total Championships Count at them. End of story. If your looking at total NBA franchise achievements its no contest. If you want to argue last year and this year, that is no contest as well.

Just depends on which context your looking at.

The year that the Lakers win the next championship I'm sure there will be a % of the fanbase that will do some annoying things to the fanbases of the other teams. But do keep in mind that bad apples represent a small % of the total population of any given fan base.

Also it depends on how feisty you like sports, if you want prim and proper with no trash talk - I think Golf or Tennis is where its at, its only natural that sports like Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball have a bit more smacktalk - to keep things interesting.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
SUCCESS! Found it... if anybody is still here. The famous PJax boob pic. I think it was from the playoffs - duh, it says game 1, I guess so...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/254988656_b6b5afdf96.jpg

Oh man. We really need a thread for this!

Pics of hot ladies during Laker games. I've spotted a lot of those when the cameraman tries to steal a glimpse with his camera.
JonnyBigBoss
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Man, I really hate seeing that useless (bleep) Luke Walton humiliate us on national television.

You do realize hes the first coach in NBA history to lead his team (as a coach) to a 16-0 record.

That doesn't happen on accident, either. He's definitely part of the success.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

Just flash your Total Championships Count at them. End of story. If your looking at total NBA franchise achievements its no contest. If you want to argue last year and this year, that is no contest as well.

The year that the Lakers win the next championship I'm sure there will be a % of the fanbase that will do some annoying things to the fanbases of the other teams. But do keep in mind that bad apples represent a small % of the total population of any given fan base.

Also it depends on how feisty you like sports, if you want prim and proper with no trash talk - I think Golf or Tennis is where its at, its only natural that sports like Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball have a bit more smacktalk - to keep things interesting.

Yet we are still behind the Celtics in terms of championship. There is o sense of urgency with the Buss family to win now. It's like they do not care
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

another hilariously bad night for mr bryant. it's time to hang em up man, you're quickly becoming the joke of the NBA.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject:

The excitement was so overwhelming that I fell asleep at some point during the 4th. If I have time I'll catch the replay tomorrow, but that.. That was not fun to watch on any level.
24LaterMurus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
kinein wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

Yet we are still behind the Celtics in terms of championship. There is o sense of urgency with the Buss family to win now. It's like they do not care

Clearly you've never been to Talk Tennis. Rafa, Fed and Djoker all have a very passionate fan-base.

Last edited by 24LaterMurus on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

13thOverallPick wrote:
I (bleep) hate Speights and his (bleep) tumor on his head...gross

Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

That's how it is with every team that enjoys lots of success after years and years of futility. Just look at how insufferable Red Sox fans have become. I can only imagine what Cubs fans would be like...

But yeah, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject:

EddieJones714 wrote:
our starters didn't do a very good job, 10/42 shots @ 23% FG

Kobe's mentoring is starting to pay off.
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject:

you know what.i think they're a better team than us terrible night for kobe.but no matter what he'll always be a legend he can go 0 for 50 it doesn't matter he is one of the greatest to ever play this game a bad ending to his career won't change that.
24LaterMurus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

That's how it is with every team that enjoys lots of success after years and years of futility. Just look at how insufferable Red Sox fans have become. I can only imagine what Cubs fans would be like...

But yeah, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

You'll find out soon enough. The relevant K. Bryant will make sure of that.
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

that's what happens when you start winning you get on people's nerves.nothing changed about warriors fan base yeah of course they have bandwagon fans now but it comes with winning nothing you can do about that as true fans.most of those guys you talk about are probably warriors fans for a year now don't respond to them.but overall they always had a great passionate fan base.i remember that from the days they used to suck.they would always fill the arena.i'm happy for them they deserve a team like this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58
Jump to: