Comfortably Numb Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerBeastmode
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

what motivates me to watch is the progress of our players and a Kobe season tribute if it is his last season indeed. I would hate to see him go since he made the most impact
cvballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
The losses haven't bothered me the last 3 seasons.

What bothers me now is how badly our front office has misread their free agency and team building choices.

Jordan Hill, Nick Young, and Carlos Boozer signings last year? Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, and Huertas this year?

Not even trying to resign Bazemore or Ed Davis, passing on Whiteside despite having him under contract.

Completely whiffing on every major free agent as they misread what is actually important to those players.

Rather than just accept that the team will be terrible and that they should focus on the youth, they've tried to sort of half-compete with these "veteran" signings. They looked desperate and of course it completely failed.

It's not a good sign at all.

When did we have Whiteside under contract?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping for the numbness. Right now it's all about nausea, incredulity, and increasingly, disgust.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm numb to the losses but the organization/coaching I'm still barking at like crazy! I watch San Antonio and I just get so ANGRY that they are continuing to be a contender EVERY year. Their worst stretch were 1st round eliminations! Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili don't do very heavy lifting at all and they have a genuine coach who is flexible and adjusts/changes his system to fit the players he has in Popovich. You know what "other" coach does that as well? Not in the NBA...Bill Belichek in the NFL!
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

cvballa wrote:
Rawr wrote:
The losses haven't bothered me the last 3 seasons.

What bothers me now is how badly our front office has misread their free agency and team building choices.

Jordan Hill, Nick Young, and Carlos Boozer signings last year? Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, and Huertas this year?

Not even trying to resign Bazemore or Ed Davis, passing on Whiteside despite having him under contract.

Completely whiffing on every major free agent as they misread what is actually important to those players.

Rather than just accept that the team will be terrible and that they should focus on the youth, they've tried to sort of half-compete with these "veteran" signings. They looked desperate and of course it completely failed.

It's not a good sign at all.

When did we have Whiteside under contract?

We didn't, but questioning the FO, IMO, is valid.

Mitch is a good reload GM, but is he a good rebuild GM? We'll see.
no_more_mr_nice_guy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Mehhhh, not so sure on the organization thing. I don't see it as their fault so much. The NBA changed the rules, made the salary cap more competitive. Better for the league over all. Worse for teams like us who are flush with revenue and have no problem paying luxury tax.

Anyway......

I am numb to the NBA though. When the Lakers suck I just don't care. I'll watch a little bit of the playoffs and finals but not much. Only sport I can watch just about any game is NFL. NBA not near as good so when my team blows I don't give a sh!t.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

no_more_mr_nice_guy wrote:
Mehhhh, not so sure on the organization thing. I don't see it as their fault so much. The NBA changed the rules, made the salary cap more competitive. Better for the league over all. Worse for teams like us who are flush with revenue and have no problem paying luxury tax.

Anyway......

I am numb to the NBA though. When the Lakers suck I just don't care. I'll watch a little bit of the playoffs and finals but not much. Only sport I can watch just about any game is NFL. NBA not near as good so when my team blows I don't give a (bleep).

Completely agree!
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject:

Excellent post.

I've had ballstreams for the past 3 years and i just froze the account for a month. When the Lakers suck, i just don't care.

And the NBA has gone too far with "levelling the playing field". They didn't need to veto the cp3 trade and make the collective bargaining so suffocating. They completely shut out any Lakers advantage to favor small market teams.

But it's not like big market teams were guaranteed greatness. The Celtics still sucked, the Knicks were nothing special. Flipping golden state is in the San Francisco bay area. None of that helped them win.

And as far as not being able to stomach a rebuilding period, that's not true. I've been a diligent Lakers fan since the late 80s. All I want is some semblance of competitiveness. I still have my nick van exel, Doug Christie, George Lynch and sedale threatte magnets on my fridge.

Let's be honest, those teams weren't that good, but at least they weren't an embarrassment to the Lakers legacy. And they were sure a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

And as much as we ripped on randy pfund and del Harris, I bet they can still coach circles around Byron right now.

no_more_mr_nice_guy wrote:

Anyway......

I am numb to the NBA though. When the Lakers suck I just don't care. I'll watch a little bit of the playoffs and finals but not much. Only sport I can watch just about any game is NFL. NBA not near as good so when my team blows I don't give a (bleep).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: