Byron on Kobe taking too many Shots / ISO's: "Kobe has 20 years, he has that Privilege"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
zePokar wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kobe finally knocks Byron's over dependence on him

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters
Kobe: "I could’ve scored 80 tonight & it wouldn’t have made a damn difference. We have bigger problems…"
"I could be out there averaging 35 points a game & we would be what, 3-11? See what I’m saying?"

Kobe: “The frustration just kind of got to me tonight, it affected the way I played, the way I shot - blowing coverages defensively..Coming down offensively & not having a concept of what we’re trying to do."

Byron just lost his last race horse. There is absolutely no reason for him to remain our coach now.

It's more likely IMO those comments were directed at his teammates.

I don't feel like it is. Seems like a direct shot at Byron.

Because It is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
MJST wrote:
zePokar wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kobe finally knocks Byron's over dependence on him

Kobe: "I could’ve scored 80 tonight & it wouldn’t have made a damn difference. We have bigger problems…"
"I could be out there averaging 35 points a game & we would be what, 3-11? See what I’m saying?"

Kobe: “The frustration just kind of got to me tonight, it affected the way I played, the way I shot - blowing coverages defensively..Coming down offensively & not having a concept of what we’re trying to do."

Byron just lost his last race horse. There is absolutely no reason for him to remain our coach now.

It's more likely IMO those comments were directed at his teammates.

I don't feel like it is. Seems like a direct shot at Byron.

Because It is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Hopefully Scott goes with it.

Anyway. If I was coach, I'd rest Kobe out till Christmas and allow him more training time to get his legs back and recover. He can participate and play in practices but he'll rest out of games.

Remember when a few years ago Dirk tried to come back but his form / timing / stamina was off? So he took a month or so off during the season while working on himself and then came back and had his form back and finished the season strong? I'd like to see Kobe do something like that with this team. Just say "hey, my form, stamina etc isn't where it should be after a year off, so I'm gonna work on myself for a few months while participating in all the practices etc, but I won't play till around Christmas when I think my legs are up to par and my form and timing is up to par, cause trying to just "play through it" isn't working.

And if Scott had any guts he'd recommend it.

It'd also force Scott to freaking trust our youth.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject:

Kobe isn't tired, he had like 6 months without basketball, what's another month gonna do to him ?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject:

This is what wrong with the Lakers. Once Byron and Kobe are gone we'll get to see the potential of the young players. Byron Isn't holding Kobe accountable and its hurting the team.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe and BS are a disgrace to the NBA. The only hope is that we salvage our top 3 pick.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
This is what wrong with the Lakers. Once Byron and Kobe are gone we'll get to see the potential of the young players. Byron Isn't holding Kobe accountable and its hurting the team.

Although the I want Byron Scott fired immediately, but he has no say in this mess, he's just merely following orders, orders from the Buss family who think they can't survive without Kobe on this team
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Although the I want Byron Scott fired immediately, but he has no say in this mess, he's just merely following orders, orders from the Buss family who think they can't survive without Kobe on this team
If Byron and the Buss family truly respected and cared for Kobe like they say he should be coming off the bench and playing 15 mpg. He's embarrassing himself out there, its hard for me to watch. Kobe is the joke of the NBA because they are letting him be. It needs to stop and Byron can do that by benching him. Someone needs to be honest with Kobe and tell him that he's not good anymore, I think he'll understand.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

Both Byron and Kobe are to blame. As far as getting easier looks, does Kobe ever call for a screen for a pick and roll (something he can do) or run off screens to get open looks (something the coach actually has to diagram)? Kobe can't break off defenders anymore. Those days are long gone, so every shot he takes is contested. That's a low percentage shot with his lack of separation and lift now.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

It's Young's turn to take shots at Kobe and Byron. This team is about to blow up. Nick Young of all people lol.

“We can’t let one guy determine everything. We have to play as a team"

Swaggy P went on:

"It can’t be like a video game & you’re playing w/ your favorite player, you know? We’ve all got to share the ball.”
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
It's Young's turn to take shots at Kobe and Byron. This team is about to blow up. Nick Young of all people lol.

“We can’t let one guy determine everything. We have to play as a team"

Swaggy P went on:

"It can’t be like a video game & you’re playing w/ your favorite player, you know? We’ve all got to share the ball.”

He said something else last week about how the Lakers should be playing faster.

I guess it has to be Swaggy. There are other vets but he's the only one on the team with enough tenure, enough guaranteed money, enough confidence and enough game to say something.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

With each game Kobe shoots us out of games this statement from Byron looks more and more asinine. Kobe has earned the right to shoot, however most 20 years veterans are not so stubborn that they realize that what they are doing is actually harming the team and its development. the other things that sticks out is 1st/2nd and 3rd year players have not earned the right and the ball can't stick with them.. well DUMB @SS, 3/5 of your starting 5 fits that bill... no wonder why they look so dis oriented on the offensive end. talk about dis-function.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I love you Kobe, but this is ridiculous.

FU2BS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: